• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hopefully the dark adventurer mana spiral update comes with the dark chimera, I think that'd really open up HJP. It might legitimately make eHJP a possible place to break into the cycle, which would be quite the feat since it's currently considered one of the least accessible because of the Gleo requirement for pubs.
I hope they actually go with combos that change the characters' look more, rather than trying to go with armors close to what they're wearing already. Berserker works because he's completely covered and so Rathalos Armor berserker visually will likely just be the Rathalos armor, but I hope the character who will have visible faces and such actually wear sets very different from their standard outfits.

If I'm remembering right, I think a leak said the showcase would have a sword, bow, and lance, if that gives us any clues on who the candidates may be.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about using sword force strike. I know that optimally in most cases you want to hit two/three times then force strike. I usually don't aim the force strike, I just hold and let go, but this always ends up in me sliding around the enemy. Am I supposed to be aiming this back and forth each FS or am I missing something else? For context the specific fights I'm thinking of are High Mercury or Void Agni.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the dark adventurer mana spiral update comes with the dark chimera, I think that'd really open up HJP. It might legitimately make eHJP a possible place to break into the cycle, which would be quite the feat since it's currently considered one of the least accessible because of the Gleo requirement for pubs.

Hmm, I think it'd depend on the adventurers that get Spiral?

Well, I guess they'd want to make sure that the Chimeras/6*s would be viable. My thought is just that even a team of all HD1 0UB Gleos can have trouble breaking in time, and those weapons would be at least slightly worse than that. But if the Spiral buffs are amazing enough...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I have a question about using sword force strike. I know that optimally in most cases you want to hit two/three times then force strike. I usually don't aim the force strike, I just hold and let go, but this always ends up in me sliding around the enemy. Am I supposed to be aiming this back and forth each FS or am I missing something else? For context the specific fights I'm thinking of are High Mercury or Void Agni.

For HMC, I do two hits and then aim the force strike away from HMC, specifically towards the wall if she's in the top left corner. Since sword taps move you forward, you can force strike away from the target to "reset" the distance back to where you were initially. You can stay in the same area as well as reliably control where you are at all times with this method. Here's a Reddit post where someone showcases their opener for HMC, utilizing that technique.

Hmm, I think it'd depend on the adventurers that get Spiral?

Well, I guess they'd want to make sure that the Chimeras/6*s would be viable. My thought is just that even a team of all HD1 0UB Gleos can have trouble breaking in time, and those weapons would be at least slightly worse than that. But if the Spiral buffs are amazing enough...

Shadow is in an interesting spot since the free story character is Cleo. With Euden, they buffed him to where he's now a top tier pick, and I imagine they'd want to do the same for Shadow. However, this means making a healer become a meta pick when the current eHJP meta favors 4 DPS. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to tackle this. Maybe instead of giving all the adventurers burn, they give them all overdrive punisher/gauge accelerator, and give Cleo specifically the ability to allow the DPS to run full offensive prints like what Gelly/Jiang Ziya allow Lily's to do in HBH.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
For HMC, I do two hits and then aim the force strike away from HMC, specifically towards the wall if she's in the top left corner. Since sword taps move you forward, you can force strike away from the target to "reset" the distance back to where you were initially. You can stay in the same area as well as reliably control where you are at all times with this method. Here's a Reddit post where someone showcases their opener for HMC, utilizing that technique.
Thank you! Your description along with that video is exactly what I needed. I can't believe I've been doing it wrong this whole time, ha.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to unlock Agito Uprising. Holy hell is High Jupiter a pain in the ass!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I play sword so much that I don't really think about what I'm doing beyond trying to change the number of taps before FS to fit the adventurer, haha.

Usually for bigger targets like high dragons I try to attack into/against them (so I guess I'm talking about HMC and to a greater extent HZD), but it's true that you should take advantage of it to reposition yourself like that. Once you get used to it, you'll be doing it without thinking too...

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I play sword so much that I don't really think about what I'm doing beyond trying to change the number of taps before FS to fit the adventurer, haha.

Usually for bigger targets like high dragons I try to attack into/against them (so I guess I'm talking about HMC and to a greater extent HZD), but it's true that you should take advantage of it to reposition yourself like that. Once you get used to it, you'll be doing it without thinking too...
Thanks - most of the content I'd played up til now was pretty mindless and it didn't matter so much, but now dipping into the endgame battles it seems positioning is suddenly important. nidhogg seems like a good place to practice

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow is in an interesting spot since the free story character is Cleo. With Euden, they buffed him to where he's now a top tier pick, and I imagine they'd want to do the same for Shadow. However, this means making a healer become a meta pick when the current eHJP meta favors 4 DPS. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to tackle this. Maybe instead of giving all the adventurers burn, they give them all overdrive punisher/gauge accelerator, and give Cleo specifically the ability to allow the DPS to run full offensive prints like what Gelly/Jiang Ziya allow Lily's to do in HBH.

Hmm, it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that. And with how Master is currently, perhaps letting Cleo replacing Audric to make the fight more "normal" may be possible as well? Though the eventual opening up of old events would theoretically allow anyone to break in with him anyway, I guess...

Thanks - most of the content I'd played up til now was pretty mindless and it didn't matter so much, but now dipping into the endgame battles it seems positioning is suddenly important. nidhogg seems like a good place to practice

Nidhogg is actually good practice for that, yeah. He (unsurprisingly) has some very HZD-like moves, and if you're not running enervation res you really gotta dodge them.

And fwiw, HMC is probably a good intro for the actual fights like this since it's still kinda mindless for the large sections of her attacking Noelle. Obviously there's stuff you gotta get out of the way of, you don't want to lock yourself into a skill when the whirlpools are starting, you gotta help bait the dash without getting stomped on or swiped, etc. but generally speaking you are staying out of the way rather than taking a specific position yourself.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I basically just C2FS with swords since I'm always at risk of accidentally jumping with C4 when doing C3.

Thank you! Your description along with that video is exactly what I needed. I can't believe I've been doing it wrong this whole time, ha.

Swords definitely have the biggest learning curve out of all the weapons, since they're basically the only weapon that has a huge DPS loss when mindlessly tapping vs doing a tap/FS combo. You generally don't want your AI to control sword adventurers as a result.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even play this game, can't stand the combat, but I redownloaded it on Christmas just to summon and listen to that banging theme.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I would say I usually do 2FS most of the time as well, but for Welly I found myself able to do 3FS surprisingly quickly. I was doing 1FS for a bit as Geuden while breaking into HZD too, which my thumb particularly did not love.

...also, I'm not sure I agree they have a biggest learning curve. In the sense that at the end of the day, it's just a few taps and an FS, haha. Anything involving force strike fails is still tricky for me, and I guess I have to learn to stop daggers at 4 hits to FS now that I"m suddenly using them more, which feels trickier given how fast they move + how it's later in the combo.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Maybe highest skill floor would be a more accurate way to put it. Even if you never learn fail FS-ing and just C5 for blades/axes/lances/bows/Wands/staves, you'll basically be over 90% fine efficiency-wise. Even daggers are still at least 70-80% effective just C5-ing, which is why having them as AI isn't a huge detriment. Swords have a massive drop in effectiveness if you don't properly do it's combo by comparison, which is why it's generally recommended you don't even use AI sword adventurers for content versus manually controlling them.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
First time I managed to actually clear an Omega fight in an event... Chimera weapons are no joke, even off-element. DPS output was always an issue for me, but not here (managed to do it with a little under a minute remaining). The boss being relatively easy to survive (even for the CPU) also helped.

Looks like both omega and nightmare drop ingot.
👀

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Would this be a good banner to dump all my crystals on?
Maybe not all of them but it is a good banner and it is limited. Both of the featured 5 stars are good and so are the dragons, but if the last year is anything to go by then this banner will be rerun a couple of times while the monster hunter one at the end of this month likely wont, so it's best to save for that if you can

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not all of them but it is a good banner and it is limited. Both of the featured 5 stars are good and so are the dragons, but if the last year is anything to go by then this banner will be rerun a couple of times while the monster hunter one at the end of this month likely wont, so it's best to save for that if you can
Ugh, are they really going to do another collab banner? I thought they were done with that after mega man.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah and it was a terrible idea that I thought they learned from with the mega man event
Every gacha game has limited collab banners, though. It's part of the deal. You just gotta stockpile resources to be able to get everything while it lasts :P

For what it's worth, I think the FE collab will come back with added content eventually.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Every gacha game has limited collab banners, though. It's part of the deal. You just gotta stockpile resources to be able to get everything while it lasts :P

For what it's worth, I think the FE collab will come back with added content eventually.
None of the ones I've played does. Cygames itself doesn't with their main money maker, Granblue. All the Collab characters are obtained from the event itself, never in the gacha.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
GBF does have the DVD characters though
Those are something you can just buy at any time though. And if for some reason they never get restocked, you could technically siero ticket any of them (though why would you) so they are always going to be available.

Plus the characters they give out from DVD codes are purposefully terrible as well and are never meta and are basically just glorified skins.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Forgot to post first time around amidst all the news from Okada, but here's the two recent Dragalia Life's, #191 featuring the main cast, and #192 featuring Nobunaga, Hanabusa, and Ranzal.
dbeccb87cf5e15873f9d4344109713d7.png
b0278df9d33e26b5d66f852c2eb844b2.png

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else felt like for a week or 2 or so, loading times have been extraordinarily bad? Just the initial start-up. Feels like I'm looking at a black screen forever which didn't use to be the case.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Someone on Reddit who regularly clears mHMS solo did it this time by replacing Mikoto with Nobunaga in his comp with Xania/Sarisse/H! Lowen. He found that despite continually losing combo count from mechanics, Nobunaga still generally outperforms Mikoto in this role. Rena is less ideal because of Xania, and having dispel in Nobunaga's kit means she also increases the DPS by stripping the defense buff. You can still reliably detonate her S1 even when regularly resetting the combo count.

While having a continual combo count would be better, the main thing is that Nobunaga only needs a 14 hit count every other S1, because her S2 will cover for the second one. So the playstyle of Nobunaga assuming a constant combo count isn't feasible is 14 hits -> S1 (which moves the count up to 15) -> FS -> S1 -> S2, rinse and repeat. Obviously you're losing her strength passive, but the thing is that literally no one has optimal DPS in practice compared the DPS sim charts. Nobunaga has also been a viable Expert Volk pick when there's too many burners.

I believe this time around they wanted to have adventurers that wouldn't warp the meta drastically around them like the bleeders did. Ieyasu and the others at the time were literally leagues above any other option, and we all know how Gleo ended up. Mitsuhide is a very marginal increase over Fleur (less than 2%), while Nobunaga fits into the niche of being above Mikoto when played well, but also a viable sleep-res blade adventurer when a comp has too many burners, which is very possible considering Xania/Euden are top tier picks, while Renelle, Joe and Alain are also decent picks as well with a ton of burn.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Just to be clear, this means less than you might be thinking. As people pointed out the first time they did these special voice lines, Kleimann has them despite his Japanese voice actor (Unsho Ishizuka) passing away over a month before the game even launched. Seems like they've just recorded all these extra lines at the same time as the initial character lines (which makes way more sense than dragging everyone back in to record a few extra lines later, anyway).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...fuck, my foolish exhausted brain accidentally tapped auto or something when putting augments on Xania after realizing I should do that to prepare her; now she's fully leveled to 85/85 when I was trying not to spend any crystals on her. There's even a confirmation and I fricking clicked right through before I'd realized! I'd been leveling her/Euden/Botan with quest EXP while I waited to farm more crystals, since I already regretted upgrading + leveling Naveed (to 90/90) for no reason. Even bought the remaining 19 bronze fafnirs to speed it up.

Now none of that can go to her till I can farm more orbs from Chimera to unlock more levels on Sunday's reset, and she'd actually been getting a decent amount of exp since I've been dumping extra stamina into discounted AoP. At least there's a number of other characters I've pulled lately that I've not used and can drag along one of them for stuff till then, but now that those crystals are so valuable I'd rather most exp go to characters I definitely know will get use so it's a frustrating mistake, especially as she was still only ~70 or so till now and had a lot of room to level still. Though I'm trying not to obsess over quest exp that much in general... like it's unfortunate that some of my auto farming teams (like that Chimera farming) will be wasting it since they're maxed, but that's understandable. It's just that going forward I'm definitely gonna try a little more to keep the easier farming teams full of un-maxed units, hmm.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I kinda want to pull 1 or 2 times more to see if I get more dragon copies since I'm not really interested in the MH collab but at the same time I want to save for Gala. Hmm.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Last chance to get 99 mil rupies real quick with the current half-stamina double drop Fortune in case you're not capped yet; the double drops end next reset, though the half-stamina is staying for a while like the rest.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Somehow missed this. Done.

Thanks!

Has anyone else felt like for a week or 2 or so, loading times have been extraordinarily bad? Just the initial start-up. Feels like I'm looking at a black screen forever which didn't use to be the case.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. Thought it could be my phone at fault but if others are having loading issues too then now I'm not sure that's the case...

...fuck, my foolish exhausted brain accidentally tapped auto or something when putting augments on Xania after realizing I should do that to prepare her; now she's fully leveled to 85/85 when I was trying not to spend any crystals on her. There's even a confirmation and I fricking clicked right through before I'd realized! I'd been leveling her/Euden/Botan with quest EXP while I waited to farm more crystals, since I already regretted upgrading + leveling Naveed (to 90/90) for no reason. Even bought the remaining 19 bronze fafnirs to speed it up.

Now none of that can go to her till I can farm more orbs from Chimera to unlock more levels on Sunday's reset, and she'd actually been getting a decent amount of exp since I've been dumping extra stamina into discounted AoP. At least there's a number of other characters I've pulled lately that I've not used and can drag along one of them for stuff till then, but now that those crystals are so valuable I'd rather most exp go to characters I definitely know will get use so it's a frustrating mistake, especially as she was still only ~70 or so till now and had a lot of room to level still. Though I'm trying not to obsess over quest exp that much in general... like it's unfortunate that some of my auto farming teams (like that Chimera farming) will be wasting it since they're maxed, but that's understandable. It's just that going forward I'm definitely gonna try a little more to keep the easier farming teams full of un-maxed units, hmm.

After your post about how you dozed off during auto-repeat farming and now this, I have a feeling that you're sleep-deprived like me. 😅

Last chance to get 99 mil rupies real quick with the current half-stamina double drop Fortune in case you're not capped yet; the double drops end next reset, though the half-stamina is staying for a while like the rest.

Thanks for the reminder! Had no idea that ended tonight so I'll squeeze in a few more runs.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Ah damn, I even had a reminder on my phone lol. Guess Ill burn my skip tickets

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Current Wyrmite/Ticket stash count on my F2P NOTTE account:

DNNUryV_d.jpg

I can now do a total of 3129 summons, for an average of 6.7 summons per day.

Now that the free daily tenfolds are over, I'll look into sharing my adventurer and dragon roster lists after reset.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I haven't been spamming for rupees or anything and somehow I'm at 70 million. I don't know how it jumped up here when I was at around 10 million a few weeks ago. Maybe lucky letters or something.