• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Castle level isn't that important, haha. I was wondering more about your dojos, the Void slime, if you have the event facility, etc. Anything that buffs fire or sword stats.

Sharing a screenshot of his stats and equipment pages would probably be easiest, beyond the facility info. Especially as you didn't mention the dragon.
Sure sure, my bad lol. Had to leave for work. I'll get some pics and share them when I get a chance. Thanks.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
8 pulls and 31 single tickets for me
4 Marishitens
1 Ieyasu
1 Beautician Zardin
2 Mitsuhides
2 Delphis
1 Daikokuten
2 Chitose
Dupe Mikoto

The one I always want tends elude me (Nobunaga)

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care for Nobinaga, just want her cause she's limited.
Wasted a bunch, but not gonna do everything like I did for Ieyasu last year (twice).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Fair enough, hmm. Thank you for explaining/sharing all that!

So... not quite as bad as she seemed, then, which is good news. But I feel similarly that we're gonna need to see some impressions/analysis of actual play to see stuff like how hard maintaining her combo is in actual content and not just sim/McGauntlet, if her dps is so reliant on that... If it's practical, she's certainly a viable alternative; if not, that's trouble. And meanwhile, there's just the issue that (as happens for all new characters) lots of people will be running her without knowing how to play her ideally, right as I'm focusing on eHMS, hah.

A big thing to keep in mind is Nobunaga paired with 70 MC Naveed lets her still function, even without ever having a combo count. The reason the combo count is so important is because Nobunaga needs a 15 combo count to enable her force strikes to dispel buffs, so she can detonate her S1 as soon as she applies it. Without it, she can only detonate her Burning Ambition with her S2, essentially losing detonations whenever her S1 is up while the current BA stack is still active, which is why her DPS tanks in a vacuum. Naveed literally dispels every time he uses S1, which always comes out before Nobunaga's S1 because of its lower SP cost (2590 vs 3300), so he can act as a crutch for any unskilled Nobunaga's. So her skill floor is that she needs Naveed to act as her training wheels if someone is unskilled and still want to use her in harder content, while her skill ceiling is being able to reliably detonate her S1, ideally right after applying the BA stack.

Euden 70MC + 6* Sword is so gooood, finally beat eHMS with him

Conga rats~ That's definitely not an easy feat, considering around 40% of the folks who answered Baladium's survey have yet to even clear one!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I've had absolutely shit luck these last 2 banners. Up to 7% on the prize banner to be pitybroken by a SINGLE DUPE Siren on a ten-pull, and now up to 6% on this banner without a single rainbow.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
The 19 lucky letters will be opened next reset. This is what we can get:
First Prize - 0.02%
  • Rupies ×10,000,000
  • Tenfold Summon Voucher ×3
  • Sunlight Stone ×3
  • Damascus Ingot×3
  • Golden Key ×3
Second Prize - 0.58%
  • Rupies ×5,000,000
  • Tenfold Summon Voucher ×1
  • Sunlight Stone ×1
  • Damascus Ingot ×1
  • Golden Key ×1
Third Prize - 2.50%
  • Rupies ×3,000,000
  • Summon Voucher ×7
  • Sunlight Ore ×3
  • Damascus Crystal ×3
  • Golden Fragment ×3
Fourth Prize - 5.30%
  • Rupies ×1,000,000
  • Summon Voucher ×5
  • Hustle Hammer ×5
  • Amplifying Crystal ×30
  • Amplifying Gemstone ×30
Fifth Prize - 17.00%
  • Rupies ×500,000
  • Summon Voucher ×3
  • Hustle Hammer ×4
  • Amplifying Crystal ×20
  • Fortifying Crystal ×20
Sixth Prize - 29.60%
  • Rupies ×300,000
  • Summon Voucher ×2
  • Hustle Hammer ×3
  • Amplifying Gemstone ×15
  • Fortifying Gemstone ×15
Seventh Prize - 45.00%
  • Rupies ×100,000
  • Summon Voucher ×1
  • Hustle Hammer ×2
  • Exquisite Honey ×2
  • Four-Leaf Clover ×5

Now remember that we get only one item per prize at a time, so one could get that 0.02% first prize only to end with some rupies or golden keys...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've had absolutely shit luck these last 2 banners. Up to 7% on the prize banner to be pitybroken by a SINGLE DUPE Siren on a ten-pull, and now up to 6% on this banner without a single rainbow.

Gacha can be a cruel mistress at times.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry. :(

At least you have a few more free ten-pulls coming your way. Hopefully by then your luck changes for the better.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Mitsuhide. Is there a verdict on her yet?

Early impressions from people who have her are that she's a bit better than Fleur when the foe is paralyzed, less able to keep paralysis up than Fleur is, and much stronger than Fleur if the foe cannot be paralyzed.

She seems quite good and can slide right into the HZD meta by taking Fleur's spot.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Aren't we going to get a new "This Month In Dragalia Lost" since it's a new month this reset? So much news and content crammed within the same week.
If I grind the keys, is the omega mission available today?

I don't think so? But I'm not 100% sure.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
A reminder to clear out your Void and Astral Treasure Trades before the monthly reset tonight.

There were two Twinkling Sands under the Void Trade that I somehow missed. It was enough to help me craft my last Core 5* (Wind Dagger).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder to clear out your Void and Astral Treasure Trades before the monthly reset tonight.

There were two Twinkling Sands under the Void Trade that I somehow missed. It was enough to help me craft my last Core 5* (Wind Dagger).
Wow, thanks for this. I had two Sands there too. I wonder if they added some in, since I'm pretty sure I grabbed everything initially...

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
RIP voiced character stories ;_;

The MH event having a story, multiple bosses and multiple adventurers, though... Yum.

Edit: I managed to grab a second prize :D

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Fourth x2
Fifth x5
Sixth x2
Seventh x10

total, that seems to be... 6.1m rupies, 56 hustle hammers, 39 single tickets, 20 exquisite honey, 50 clovers, 90 strength and 30 hp print augments, and 160 strength and 100 hp character augments

...so the 39 single tickets is great, but getting that many augments while also getting so many rupies... it would be rad, except now I'm suddenly very close to max rupies again with even less of a reasonable money sink through resetting, oops

and I'd be more annoyed at missing out on the better stuff, but the prize banner already got me over 3 sunstones if you add the ore I got + the full stone I got from a platinum, so that left me pretty satisfied

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to make a Cleo MH alt, aren't they?

I only got one third place prize, and a handful of lower tiers. I'm still happy with the rewards, since they were obtained for just logging in. Can't complain. Sad about no more personal story voices, though. I was one who watched them on Auto letting the whole thing play out. :(

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They're going to make a Cleo MH alt, aren't they?

I only got one third place prize, and a handful of lower tiers. I'm still happy with the rewards, since they were obtained for just logging in. Can't complain. Sad about no more personal story voices, though. I was one who watched them on Auto letting the whole thing play out. :(
I did that too, but the result is that I have a huge backlog of character stories, haha. If they're not voiced then I can go through them faster :P

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did that too, but the result is that I have a huge backlog of character stories, haha. If they're not voiced then I can go through them faster :P
Yeah, same here. My backlog of them is huge, I kept procrastinating on going through them due to the time investment needed, though I did like having the voices there for when I did.

You're right though, reading them now will go a lot faster (since I can progress the text box without needing to wait for the VA to catch up), so I guess it's a win/lose for me. I probably have 10K wyrmite just sitting there once I finish all of them off, haha.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So despite the wording of the news we actually got all the items in each prize which is of course a lot better.
I got one second prize and three fourth prize, better than expected.
And the best was yet to come as I finally pulled Ieyasu on the free tenfold, after around 450 pulls on his three banners.

This year is already up to a good start.

Monster Hunter banner featuring alt of Dragalia's adventurers likely means that it won't be limited, a good thing with Valentine right around the corner. I wouldn't have said no to a dragon's banner with some fan favourite monsters though (Rajang, Zinogre, Nargacuga,...).

And yet more shadow units getting the 6th mana circle this month, I'm really hoping for a revamp of Nefaria because I really can't see how she can be fixed in her current state.

And of course, Happy New Year.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got 3rd Prize x3, Fourth x2, Fifht x1, Sixth x9, Seventh x5.

29 singles and 1 tenfold later and I got 2 more Marishitens >_>

Still missing 1 UB on Daikokotuen and Nobunaga. >_<

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'll be honest and say that despite having every adventurer, I read the non-voiced adventurer stories a lot more than the voiced ones since it's more convenient to read. Like, the only 5*-adventurer stories I've fully read recently have literally just been Jiang Ziya's and Dragonyule Malora's precisely because I only need to read them and not also listen. I'd read those in one sitting along with all the recent 4* adventurers while it took me weeks to fully read Delphi's.

Beyond that though, decided to look at the the amount of VA 2019 had and compare it to how much we'll be getting in 2020. I'll count Ieyasu in 2019 since his event mainly took place in January.

5* non-Gala Adventurers with VA: 29 (Ieyasu, Annelie, Lin You, V! Hildegarde, Curran, Heinwald, Laranoa, Sylas, Marth, Fjorm, Veronica, B! Zardin, S! Maribelle, W! Elisanne, W! Aoi, Yaten, Natalie, Rena, Ramona, S! Celliera, S! Julietta, Victor, Lea, Delphi, Cassandra, H! Mym, Lathna, Akasha, and Chelsea)

5* Gala Adventurers: 6 (G! Sarisse, G! Ranzal, G! Mym, G! Cleo, G! Euden, G! Elisanne)

Story Adventurers: 2 (Alex, Laxi)

Story Chapters: 4 (Chapters 8-11)

Events: 14 (Fortune From Afar, Dream Big Under The Big Top, Skyborne Spectacle, Valentine's Confessions, A Waltz with Fate, The Accursed Archive, The Hunt For Harmony, Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes, Echoes of Antiquity, Flames of Reflection, A Splash of Adventure, A Crescendo of Courage, Fractured Futures, Stirring Shadows)

2020's Plan:

5* Gala Adventurers: 6 (bi-monthly)

Story Adventurers: 2-4?

Story Chapters: 6 (bi-monthly)

Events: 12 (A Clawful Caper, and monthly)

So overall, we're getting the same amount of VA for Gala, 2 less Events, with 2 more story chapters and potentially more story adventurers. We'll need to see what 5* output will be like to see how valid the "cutting back adventurer VA from the sheer amount of 5*'s we'll be making" reasoning is. We had 17 single new 5* Adventurer summon showcases, 6 double new 5* adventurers showcases, and 1 triple new 5* adventurer showcase. The year is starting off with a double 5* adventurers, so if literally every new showcase this year is double new 5* adventurers, and we have the same amount of new showcases this year, then we'll have a total of 48 new 5* adventurers this year for 16 new 5* adventurers over last year. This month's showcases will give us a better idea of the plans going forward.

Long story short, no effect to English dub folks, JP dub folks who don't read the 5* adventurer stories much but go through events/story chapters will be largely receiving the same amount this year, folks who read every single 5* adventurer story are the most shafted, and folks who REALLY want more male 5* adventurers may get their wishes now with this change.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My free summon today was Mitsuhide and 2 Marishiten, amazing luck for a free pull

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'll be honest and say that despite having every adventurer, I read the non-voiced adventurer stories a lot more than the voiced ones since it's more convenient to read.
This. Mainly because I listen to the characters finishing their sentence, which means some stories take up to 10 minutes per part. Compare that to the others which barely last like 3-5 minutes max when I can read at my own pace.

Which is also the reason why I still have so many 5* character stories unread. I prefer the 4* ones. Then again, I enjoy it when I actually start. I just put it off. Events and Main Story are different though. And I am happy that those stay voiced.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Outside of legitimately helping with the app size issues DL is plagued with, I'd argue not having voices also allows a lot more interactions that'd be impractical with VA. I feel like the voiced non-Gala Adventurer stories sometimes suffer from that, with Lea vs Emma being the most extreme example. Lea's story was a fairly bog standard one of getting revenge on a fiend, Lea and Euden being the primary characters. Emma has interactions with different characters basically every chapter, and sometimes dealing with pretty heavy issues like how to properly support someone who is struggling despite already trying their best or someone feeling suicidal due to tragic events. Audric's is probably the best example of utilizing the Halidom cast to the fullest when you don't need to worry about VA, with lots of interactions with non-main cast members, and some adventurers sometimes only having a couple lines that would have been too much of a hassle to get the VA to come in to do if it was only for those few lines.

Delphi's story was pretty decent, but again was primarily solely focused on just Delphi, his brother, and Euden mostly, while a non-voiced variant might have explored his interactions with Aurelius when he was serving him or his parents while he was growing up. Jiang Ziya and Dragonyule Malora on the other hand do this well, where Jiang Ziya has interactions with a decent portion of the Halidom, including Xuan Zang, while Malora's gave us insight on one of the royal siblings, neither of which may have been possible otherwise if there was VA scheduling issues.

It sucks that VA from adventurer stories is no more, but there is the positive that 5* adventurer stories can now feel more interconnected with the Halidom/world at large like Castle Stories and some of the lower rarity adventurer stories without being restricted by VA.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
An incoming Beserker MH Alt?! I should have read the This Month in Dragalia Lost before burning all of my New Year gifts chasing Ieyasu.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The extra heals do seem to be worth it, though I will miss Veronica dearly. If anything this will just be good conditioning from when I eventually pull G.Cleo (hopefully) anyways.
I had Vero in my team until I got Heinwald. Curran was there until he got booted by Botan's boosts, now I have:
Gleo/Botan/Ieyasu/Heinwald with the team featuring MUBed SHinobi, 3UB Marishten and a couple of Juggs.

Now remember that we get only one item per prize at a time, so one could get that 0.02% first prize only to end with some rupies or golden keys...
My main got 1 3rd, 2 4ths, and the rest below.
My baby account got 1 2nd, 1 4th and the rest below.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that Nobunaga's story didn't show us anything about her wyrmclan besides name dropping her dragon.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
letters neted me:
2nd prize x1
Fourth Prize x2
Fifth x3
Sixth x11
seventh x2

got Nobunaga of the tenfold summon so banner is complete!!!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
There's a lot to unpack in the "This Month in Dragalia" this time around. So it looks like we'll be getting our next patch of Mana Spiral updates literally this month with more Shadow-attuned adventurers. If it mirrors the flame update, then I think OG Cleo will definitely get one, along with Nefaria and the launch 3* Shadow adventurers (Althemia, Rodrigo, Erik, Edward, Vice, and Taro) will get it towards the end of the month. Unfortunately, Vida and Zace were both post-launch, so they'll probably need to wait longer like Marty. Same thing with Alex since Laxi didn't receive one, though maybe Laxi was too new. In terms of 4-star gacha, I think Berserker would be the most fitting, since he's getting an alt and is the opposite resist to Cleo, which is presumably why they chose Karl, though Kleinmann might also be a possibility. If another 5-star dark adventurer gets a Mana Spiral, I could see Curran or possibly Yaten getting one. It's harder to guess since literally every dark adventurer needs a Mana Spiral in order to be brought up to Gleo's level.

Speaking of, the Reddit discord is not a great place to find accurate impressions of buffs/adventurers unless it's from the actual sim folks or dataminers. All of yesterday random people were saying how thanks to 70 MC Ieyasu now outpaces Botan even without poison, people wasted their resources into upgrading Botan, how it's expected for 5* gacha's to be better than welfare's, etc, etc. DPS sim people finally sim him and turns out, Botan greatly outpaces him if there's no Poison user, and he performs roughly the same as Botan if there is a Poison user, slightly better if Botan's comp doesn't have a blade user. So they're both now top tier bleeders that are optimal in different situations, with Botan being a better generalist pick especially when you need extra survival from the lance co-ability, while Ieyasu ought to better when you have a poison user on the team and need a blade. Even then, it's not like Botan can't be used in a poison comp, or that Ieyasu is just not good without Poison; he's literally still the third best DPS after Cleo and Botan now without the Poison. Cassandra is 4th, but that's not taking account her S2 counter damage or enmity buff, so she may even perform better in stuff like eHJP. Ieyasu clearly needed help after Botan got a Mana Spiral update, more or less outshining him, and now they're both relatively at the same level through different means, just comes down to who you personally prefer, which I think is the best case scenario. I look forward to seeing future dark adventurer buffs.

The event welfare adventurers Mana Spiral update so far has been coinciding with a raid re-run. I think Su Fang's raid would be the most likely one to be done this month since Chinese New Year is on Jan. 25th this time around as opposed to Feb. 5th last year, so they'd need to do it earlier if they want it to coincide. It could go Prize Showcase (with updated Mana Spiral adventurers) -> Gala -> MH showcase in terms of summon showcases. I'd really enjoy it if they did it like Botan's where it's less than a week long, so it's just a small event filler where we can play around with a stronger welfare as opposed to previous re-runs just whole sale replacing what would normally be whole events. Su Fang would actually be pretty solid in HMC I feel, so I'd appreciate it if they do decide to give him one. Of all the upcoming stuff, Mana Spiral updates are the things I'm most interested in, since they do a lot to make diverse metas and make non-meta stuff a lot more viable if not outright top tier.

There was no mention of upcoming Volcanic Chimera-type or Agito content, so we'll see what happens. If the next Chimera is just the dark version, I could see that not needing another section since it's more of the same, but Agito would probably have more fanfare. In terms of progression, I do think it'd be good for all the Chimeras to come out relatively soon since they represent a good portion of progression that really helps breaking into the eHDT cycles. I would even be fine with them waiting to put out Wind/Water/Light, but having the dark chimera would be great for really opening up HJP as a decent option to break into the cycle with, which is considered the hardest to do at the moment since it's still a mostly Gleo meta. Guess we'll see what they do in the coming weeks.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Are people using the Chimera weapons for Expert HMS? How are they faring in there?

Xavi cleared with a 6* 0UB Sword Euden, and that has roughly the same stats as a T2 maxed Chimera weapon. Chimera has a little less strength for a bit more health, along with a bit more Might, so they'd perform similarly.
Edit: I can confirm that a MUB T2 Chimera Euden with Pele is legit good enough for pub eHMS. Got accepted into a pub and we had a straightforward clear. If I can do it with Pele, others should be able to do it even better with Ifrit and 5* offensive dragons. You officially don't need the gacha to do eHMS.
zRxLemj.jpg
YGJ1ZJL.jpg
624w7BH.jpg
JG8N54e.jpg
I0IKKlb.jpg

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Heralds of Hinomoto is a real good limited print I should probably get 5 of, correct? Anything else?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
After pubbing a bit eHMS, I'm now also a firm believer that Xania is one of the best fire adventurers in the game. Huge damage, low SP costs with fast animation skills, and being a ranged attacker combined with a great co-ability means she's just a great addition to any team comp.
Heralds of Hinomoto is a real good limited print I should probably get 5 of, correct? Anything else?

Heralds is best in slot for adventurers who don't keep full health like Natalie or Laxi or to hit certain skill haste breakpoints like Yaten. Beyond that, I'd make sure to have a MUB copy of the welfare event Wyrmprint as it seems to be the best Wyrmprint for Chitose in conjunction with Jewels of the Sand. Other than those, the others seem mostly situational. If you have the spare Elwater, it might be good to grab a single of each just in case.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of prints, how on earth do you guys manage yours? I'm constantly at capacity. I don't want to just mass sell my 4*s in case I need them later.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Painfully. I've bought a few batches of extra slots since I have so much wyrmite, and I still struggle with them at times.

I eventually cut down on 4* dupes. And pretty recently I went over all the event prints, checking how many I actually needed to keep of each to get max drop/point boosts for the facility events in case of a rerun (and considering that they usually come with new prints that will also have bonuses), and culling the unnecessary drupes of those that got me enough space to work with that I'm having less trouble managing it lately.

weapons, though... all the billions of garbage Void weapons just eats up space and take forever to unbind each month too, and honestly I should just go dismantle all the 3*s from shrooms and such, cause the cost of remaking anything we may actually need for a fight later is probably going to be inconsequential anyway

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Brotel uploaded a Week One Guide on what ya generally need to pub Expert Volk successfully (recommended gear/adventurers), as well as Volk's patterns/moves.

He literally states that the best pub team comp he's been in has been Euden/Ezelith/Xania/H! Lowen. Keep in mind he's primarily a Euden player though, so other adventurers might prefer other pub comps.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Finally after one year of suffering(40 singles and 5x free tenfold summons) I got:

Leyasu

Also got:

Mitsuhide
Nobunaga
Daikokuten
Zephyr

Still need from this event:

Marishiten

About Mitsuhide:

Very good in a paralyze team. Can do alot of high dmg with her S1 and S2. Wished I had Albert and my Consent Phoenix was finished to pair her further with paralyze dmg buff. Yachiyo is a great alt to not having Albert. Pairing her with my Fleur does wonder, even tho having two of them are the same class. Recommend her in your light paralyze party ASAP!