• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
really strange how they made Nobunaga a fire type character, though

If I'm remembering right, Mitsuhide literally betrayed Nobunaga and killed him. Maybe they're gonna parallel that betrayal with the folklore that the rat tricked the cat so it never became part of the Zodiac, like making Nobunaga the wyrmclan leader of cats who doesn't rule over Hinomoto like the 12 official Zodiac members because of Mitsuhide.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm remembering right, Mitsuhide literally betrayed Nobunaga and killed him. Maybe they're gonna parallel that betrayal with the folklore that the rat tricked the cat so it never became part of the Zodiac, like making Nobunaga the wyrmclan leader of cats who doesn't rule over Hinomoto like the 12 official Zodiac members because of Mitsuhide.

I really love that theory.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Less than 6 hours until we see adventurer previews and maybe get a better idea on what's going on~

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
On one hand, fuck extra Naveeds and Ezeliths

On the other

QUYMXlP.png

Jesus Christ

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta read the update notes to catch the weird little things. Like how Mariti was getting voiced in the Roost soon before Halloween.

She's extremely strong but very risky to play well, is my understanding. She's still the second highest fire unit on the dps sim (with Emma in the lead) for 3 minutes or longer content, still only dropping to third (below Ezelith) at 2 minutes, and then drops decently further down at 1 minute (because she doesn't have the time to activate her buffs).
I was thinking of making her my lead Fire unit, seeing how Sinoa is taking that position right now in the meantime.

In truth, I wish I could get Ezelith somehow.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I've been tearing wind gauntlet with my fire team now. Mubbed arctos and now my ezelith is just deleting health bars once I break them.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So I was soloing Volcanic Chimera Expert on day one with my water team. Ended up getting my fire sword for Rena, which now she has 7k might and almost maxed sword (Maxed Cerberus).

Came back two days later and now I can't solo him at all anymore. Did something change in the last few days I didn't know about?

Also in this event, ended up with:

-Arctos
-Dragonyule Jeanne (1 star)
-Freyja
-Corsaint Phoenix

My Prometheus and Agni are one star away from maxed.

I have two dragon stones for leveling. Any suggestions on who should I invest in leveling with the dragons above? And is Arctos better on Rena than my Cerberus?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Summon Showcase Info, Platinum Summon Info, and Notte's Slumber Shot Info from the main site.

Looks like we got to wait until the showcase goes live to see what Chitose is about. Mitsuhide seems like either an equivalent or upgraded Fleur, Nobonuga is a sleep-res fire blade mainly focused on dispelling buffs and applying a unique DoT that can't stack, and Daikokuten seems to be a dragon that's strong on any adventurer that can maintain a high hit count like daggers.

Ieyasu's Mana Spiral seems to mainly just add poison punisher to his S1 on top of beefing up his main kit. He might also have his bleed proc rate buffed to 100%, which could be a standard buff to bleeders going forward, we'll have to datamine that to know for sure. It seems like dark adventurers will just get regular Mana Spiral updates at a faster rate than other elements until most of them can be in the same conversation as Gleo.

Slumber Shot will be available for 6-days starting next reset.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Another chance at Marishiten, definitely going all out on the banner

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Pretty happy that past year units are back as I failed to pull Ieyasu both time and still haven't mub Marishiten.

Current banner wasn't kind to me. No 5* with the free tenpulls, no stone/ingot and less than 10 ores overall.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up folks, an off-element T2 0UB Chimera weapon gives more strength and Might than a 5.3 core weapon at the cost of some HP. An off-element T2 MUB Chimera weapon gives nearly 350-400 more Strength depending on if the core weapon is offensive or defensive. In either case, T2 MUB Chimera weapons are really good.
y0j9wKx.png

I opted for making my second T2 chimera weapon a blade since I feel like Hanabusa will be a welfare blade. Even if that's not the case, the blade can be used on both Laxi and Celliera. Outside Euden, Laxi is the second most common fire adventurer since everyone gets her, so doing stuff with her will be more easily replicable.

Last chance for getting Botan. She still has a place even if Ieyasu ends up outdamaging her because she's a better option in 3x Gleo comps for eHJP. There's no Poison in that comp and the Lance HP co-ability allows the Gleo's to run Candy Courier over Luca's Prank without having a maxed build, which significantly increases DPS in the average pub. So Ieyasu wants to be on poison comps while Botan may generally be better in non-Poison comps, each serving a different purpose in the meta.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Fwiw, Gleo can totally run Candy Couriers without Botan. But it does require max augments and some Fafnir levels (and slightly more levels wirh Shinobi, actually, since he has a bit less HP than Marishiten) so Botan would definitely make it easier.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Introducing the Horseclan leader already? I wonder what they will do in 6 years if the game is still going.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
If DL is still alive six years from now, we're all gonna need at least 50 gigs freed up on our phones just to play it.

(Seriously, how does this game take up so much space. I'm just north of six gigs. Clearing the cache doesn't make much of a difference either...)

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Will be interesting to see how they incorporate the Nobunaga/Mitsuhide dynamic, and whether double wyrmclan leaders will be a regular thing going forward.
If DL is still alive six years from now, we're all gonna need at least 50 gigs freed up on our phones just to play it.

(Seriously, how does this game take up so much space. I'm just north of six gigs. Clearing the cache doesn't make much of a difference either...)

The majority of the size is voice files, which is why there's such a huge disparity between playing only in English versus Japanese. Having events be added into permanent content will just make that grow even larger.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to final crack Volk after a few time outs and now wondering if I should craft a 6* or not, and what should I go for it I do. Have a MUB Chimera Bow and Blade, and 0UB Spear, so not sure if the upgrade is worth it for them given the sunk costs so far. Usually run Sarisse in the lead for my Fire teams, and normally have a Spear and Healer unit in them. Making a staff seems a bit wasteful though...

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to final crack Volk after a few time outs and now wondering if I should craft a 6* or not, and what should I go for it I do. Have a MUB Chimera Bow and Blade, and 0UB Spear, so not sure if the upgrade is worth it for them given the sunk costs so far. Usually run Sarisse in the lead for my Fire teams, and normally have a Spear and Healer unit in them. Making a staff seems a bit wasteful though...

For what it's worth, I regret making a 6* before the tree. You basically only need it to start on high midgardsomr which is already easier than ever with the chimera weapons and new mana spiral units.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The tree is one of those things where whether or not you immediately craft the weapon, you're guaranteed to have a max tree after 10 weeks of standard weekly chests either way. Unless the last 5 levels of the tree (since the first 10 can be leveled from standard Agito drops) is something you need ASAP, then you don't lose much crafting the weapon immediately. The weapon has the use of either not needing to grind for a maxed MUB Volcanic weapon, or immediately getting one of your adventurers to have an appropriate weapon for eHMS even if you're not able to tackle Expert Agito.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Cheers for the info folks! I have the tree just now and will poke at HMS for a bit before either leveling it up or going for a weapon.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You need some High dragon trial drops for some of the new nodes, but not to unlock them.
I was just thinking that after I hit post lol. That makes sense, thanks.

Ive got some questions about my team comps and how to raise their survivablitiy for the High Dragon trials, but I have to get ready for work. Ill ask next time I get a chance.

Ive got a great fire element team, but the only thing im lacking on is Wyrmprints, and I have no idea which ones to get or how to other than the treasure trade and wyrmprint shop.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I was just thinking that after I hit post lol. That makes sense, thanks.

Ive got some questions about my team comps and how to raise their survivablitiy for the High Dragon trials, but I have to get ready for work. Ill ask next time I get a chance.

Ive got a great fire element team, but the only thing im lacking on is Wyrmprints, and I have no idea which ones to get or how to other than the treasure trade and wyrmprint shop.
When you get the chance, you should list the adventurers you're interested in playing as for the HDTs, so we can give Wyrmprint recommendations for each. Universally though, there's an HMS-specific Wyrmprint, Glorious Tempest, that's available in the Treasure Trade shop under the Imperial Onslaught section if you haven't gotten that one yet. It's a good option to have as it greatly reduces damage taken from HMS.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Any recommendations for what master HDT to try and break into? I have comfortable cleared eHigh Mercury (with Welly), eHighBrunhilda with Lilly, and eHMS with mym and Xania.

Was initially going to try HMS with my shiny Xania and the tree upgrade, but HMS seems pretty brutal. Looking around online and looking at vids, High Brunhilda looks like its possibly the most doable?

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
mHBH should be easiest, you only need not to screw up the first grand x then the rest should be straight forward.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The majority of the size is voice files, which is why there's such a huge disparity between playing only in English versus Japanese. Having events be added into permanent content will just make that grow even larger.

Oof. I guess maybe a prompt could pop up before entering a past event asking if story dialogue voice data should be downloaded, and then automatically deleted after each chapter is read. They need to figure something out soon because this could possibly turn away new players if the download requirements keep increasing like they have over the past year...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...so I'm already done farming Volk for the tree.

Kinda overdid it, actually. Probably could have done maybe 8-ish less fights in the past couple days? I accounted for this week's weeklies, but I didn't realize the build times were so long that I"m not going to be done it before next Monday anyway. So I'm pretty sure I'd still have little to no downtime on building even if I'd waited for those weeklies to help. Whoops.

But it was enjoyable, and I was sick, so... fine enough, got a bit of a headstart on a 6*, idk. Back to eHBH for now...

Oh ok, I saw people mention Void Nidhogg, so I assumed there was some sort of drop I had to farm for. My bad.

It just drops the new level of orbs for dark (that you'd otherwise get from some Very Hard story chapters), and you need a lot of those for Spiral (in the character's element) depending on their initial rarity.

High dragon-wise, you need a relatively low number of spheres for some of the last few Spiral nodes (I think it's 8 for 4*, 5 for 5*? looks like only for 4* as well). So that's only 2-4 Standard runs at worst depending on rarity, with Expert being faster. And then the final node of a 5* character's Spiral requires a single tail from Expert. This is for the dragon you'd be fighting (HMS for fire and HJP for dark), though, so you can at least theoretically use that character to get it rather than have to go through a cycle.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for what master HDT to try and break into? I have comfortable cleared eHigh Mercury (with Welly), eHighBrunhilda with Lilly, and eHMS with mym and Xania.

Was initially going to try HMS with my shiny Xania and the tree upgrade, but HMS seems pretty brutal. Looking around online and looking at vids, High Brunhilda looks like its possibly the most doable?

I've heard HBH (released first so it has to be doable) and HMC (as long as you're not Victor?) are easiest to break into with HD1s. I'm not sure which of the two I want to do first of this cycle myself, though I'm gonna get Welly's MUB HD1 before I pick.

At this point it seems I'm actually going to make my fire staff my first fire HD2, since it's the role I'd feel the most comfortable playing for Expert Volk as well. I still want to finally learn how to play melee in HMS at some point and make use of Ramona's HD1, but...

do wish I kinda ended up with a better weapon spread for my attackers, though; due to how good they are off-element it's kinda a shame that I'll likely end up with 2 each of HD2 swords and wands before anything else, but those and staff are what I play the most, which means the alternative is 2 staves instead of 2 wands...

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
mhbh is perfectly doable with mub hdt1, mechanically it isn't a large increase in difficulty from expert outside of one specific part, and a fire hdt2 gets you into both mhms and expert agito, so that is where i recommend starting personally. but that's just me, you can start wherever you want, though even with 70mcs and the new weapons i would still say mhms is the hardest starting point of the three if you're not playing emma or healer

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
mhbh is perfectly doable with mub hdt1, mechanically it isn't a large increase in difficulty from expert outside of one specific part, and a fire hdt2 gets you into both mhms and expert agito, so that is where i recommend starting personally. but that's just me, you can start wherever you want, though even with 70mcs and the new weapons i would still say mhms is the hardest starting point of the three if you're not playing emma or healer

Thanks- that's what I've been leaning towards.

IntoTheBush

Nov 4, 2017
When breaking into HDT is it recommended to MUB the bane weapons for standard difficulty? Most of my units are 6.5-7k might so I dont know if thats the problem or if its just the pubs.

Last edited:

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
So I understand pretty much everything about progression in this game but the weapons really throw me for a loop. I have read sooo many guides, but it's still so confusing to me. Not to mention the game is always changing so 90% of the guides out there are outdated.

Anyways, I'm trying to start doing some of the standard high dragon trials so that I can start working my way towards the higher end content. I'm just really confused on how necessary the weapons that increase damage to the high dragon's are (void weapons?). One guide I read said they're mostly unnecessary and you can just go for the core 5* t3 weapons instead. But I think that guide was from march and I see no mention of the high dragon weapons I see in the game that seem to also have the damage increase against the dragons and use the void weapons to craft.

I guess I'm mostly curious about the necessity of void weapons in the context of both Gala Cleo and Gala Elisanne since they're my best characters for the two trials I've been practicing. I have MUB underworld despair for Gleo so I'm thinking it might be unnecessary to get a void weapon there, but Gelly I just have a MUB 5* Mega Man weapon.

Really just any advice on weapon progression in general would be appreciated lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I understand pretty much everything about progression in this game but the weapons really throw me for a loop. I have read sooo many guides, but it's still so confusing to me. Not to mention the game is always changing so 90% of the guides out there are outdated.

Anyways, I'm trying to start doing some of the standard high dragon trials so that I can start working my way towards the higher end content. I'm just really confused on how necessary the weapons that increase damage to the high dragon's are (void weapons?). One guide I read said they're mostly unnecessary and you can just go for the core 5* t3 weapons instead. But I think that guide was from march and I see no mention of the high dragon weapons I see in the game that seem to also have the damage increase against the dragons and use the void weapons to craft.

I guess I'm mostly curious about the necessity of void weapons in the context of both Gala Cleo and Gala Elisanne since they're my best characters for the two trials I've been practicing. I have MUB underworld despair for Gleo so I'm thinking it might be unnecessary to get a void weapon there, but Gelly I just have a MUB 5* Mega Man weapon.

Really just any advice on weapon progression in general would be appreciated lol

Generally speaking, you do want the Void weapon with bane for Standard; with a few exceptions they are going to be better than MUB 5.3s. The HMS and HBH ones originally had 20% bane so they weren't seen as being as good, but as of very recently now they're 30% as well. If the guide was from all the way back in March, it's only talking about those original 20% bane weapons and not the 30% ones that Mercury + Jupiter + Zodiark got. Since Jupiter and Zodiark had their bane ones out by their release (Mercury's came out between her and Jupiter), they've always been considered the default for those. (Also, though now the Void would be good for HMS and HBH as well, at this point you'd probably want to make a Chimera weapon for HMS if you can afford it.)

So... as someone who also made a MUB 5.3 (with ingots...) for Gleo, I feel your pain, but that Void is going to be better for HJP. And if you're stuck with other people who are doing it for the first time and aren't just farming augments with an HD, it's a fight where every little bit of strength you can get helps as you will need to break him before he kills you. For Gelly... it matters less since you're still largely there to bait + buff, but IIRC that event weapon is just a 5.1 or so, and that's definitely not enough so you should make her a weapon. And keep in mind that if you're planning to eventually play her for Expert, you'll need to make both a 5.3 and Void for her anyway so that you can craft the HD1 (but no unbinds are needed on anything to make that, you just need to have had the weapons).

EDIT: Added some more to the start to explain why the old guides would say that.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Doing all the endeavors was a huge pain in the ass this time around. Had to use a bunch of honey too.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Five tenfold (vouchers) and around 40 tickets and I already have:

Ieyasu x2 (New then Dupe)
Marishitan x2 (Dupe and Dupe)
Daikokuten x2 (New then Dupe)
Mitsuhide (New)
Chitose x4 (New then Dupes)

I don't know if I should keep pushing for Nobunaga or not, as the banner is pretty bloated...

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Weee, got the 5* light Dragon on the free pull, then spent ten single tickets before doing another tenfold and got the new mouse dagger! (I'm absolutely terrible at remembering names of new units if you can't tell >_<)

They seem to compliment eachother pretty well, looking forward to trying this addition in my already fairly stacked light team

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Used my free tenfold + 20ish tickets + 4 vouchers and got:

Marishitan - New
Daikokuten 2x
Mitsuhide - New
Chitose - New
Leyasu - New
Mari - New
Nobunaga - New

Didn't touch my wyrmite at all so I'm happy as hell.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Rejoice Chitose fans; he's a Light Strength buffer, so he's probably super meta~

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I spent the rest of my tickets and around 10k wymite. I got another dupe Ieyasu (that hurt) as well as another Marishitan and Daikokuten, before getting Nobunaga! Banner complete, and I can resume savings mode.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
172 pulls zero banner characters except the sr

cygames and their shitty rate ups can seriously fuck off, how is this shit not only acceptable but praised

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
172 pulls zero banner characters except the sr

cygames and their shitty rate ups can seriously fuck off, how is this shit not only acceptable but praised
Wait, not even a banner dragon out of all of those pulls? That's insane, bad luck really struck you, Einbroch. How many rainbow pulls did you get out of that?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, not even a banner dragon out of all of those pulls? That's insane, bad luck really struck you, Einbroch. How many rainbow pulls did you get out of that?
a good amount, i believe i got 6 or so, maybe 7, i didnt really care i just wanted the mousey

i got 3 new characters and a new dragon, but none of the rate ups