• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
qn3tvp44d1741.jpg

Defy her at your own risk.

Gotta say, it feels like we are back on track after a bumpy October and November.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Welfare Euden is so powerful now. Literally hit 3.8K Strength with 8K Might when using Pele.
kjf6OBL.jpg
NVuz0aI.jpg
And there's even still a bit more room to grow since I've yet to level the Agito tree nor max out my sword dojo's. Such a good update for newer/casual/mid-game players, even giving endgame players more options.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm hoping we can get a lot more respondents compared to last time, what with all the new content sparking renewed interest in the game and many folks on their holiday break. Thanks! :)

Did you see that survey on Reddit last month where someone drew a Jelly Gelly to attract people to it? Might be worth considering commissioning an artist to make something that you'd post alongside the next survey to drum up more engagement, since the Reddit folk seem highly drawn to fan art. Plus you could bring more Renelle fan art into the world that way.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Did you see that survey on Reddit last month where someone drew a Jelly Gelly to attract people to it? Might be worth considering commissioning an artist to make something that you'd post alongside the next survey to drum up more engagement, since the Reddit folk seem highly drawn to fan art. Plus you could bring more Renelle fan art into the world that way.

giphy.gif

And yep, I saw that survey (and completed it). lol

I thought doing a gift card giveaway would give the survey a boost but it remains to be seen how much it'll have an effect on participation. But a fan art commission is a really great idea (and yes, it will most assuredly be Renelle because no one is drawing her and it makes me cry). I've never commissioned any art from anyone before so I'm not sure what I'm in for in regards to cost. I'm sure it's not too expensive though.

(Also you might've noticed that I didn't incorporate all of the survey questions you suggested to me last time, but I'm hoping to add one or two more of them to the next survey.)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got bored, so I've already maxed the genius while getting her a Chimera weapon. Took all my gold crystals so that's gonna be an issue for finishing Botan + Naveed, but the latter has the issue of needing more orbs when I don't want to run more Chimera ASAP anyway.

Used her twice in Volk, died the first time but the second had a fairly fast clear, 2:04, felt pretty good about it. Was gonna do another to get used to her and ended up in a really high might room, but no one else was HLowne so I switched to him...

And that's how I ended up farming like 90 fragments in maybe 40 minutes with those 2 Renas with MUB HD2s + a 4th that changed every so often, holy shit. Even if someone died we'd clear in like 2 minutes, and our fastest was 1:10. So uhhh I'm already like 1/3 of the way done getting what I need to max the facility, this definitely seems pretty easy to do casually now...

maybe not the best thing to feel "this is Void, to me" about this so fast, but hey, if this happens a couple more times, I can continue focusing on the high dragon cycle while working up to Expert, so...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Got the platinum prize and 2 silver prizes from one summon, woop
QeUS27k_d.jpg

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
why there's no Omega Shishimai? what's the point of the raid bonuses? Now all that happens is that Ex Shishimai dies before the second chest is done, even with purposefully weak teams

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe someone here can help me. Does anyone have issues maintaining a good connection through wifi on your phone? I keep getting "failed to connect to the server" when im playing on wifi and not LTE. It happens to Disney Tsum Tsum as well. When on LTE, its fine

Any suggestions?

Nevermind, i fixed it, switched from 5.0ghz to 2.4ghz on wifi and it seems to be working fine now

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someone here can help me. Does anyone have issues maintaining a good connection through wifi on your phone? I keep getting "failed to connect to the server" when im playing on wifi and not LTE. It happens to Disney Tsum Tsum as well. When on LTE, its fine

Any suggestions?
If you're having the issue on multiple games and mobile internet works fine; it could either be your ISP or your router.

You'd need to reach out to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to check if there's an issue on their end or upgrade your connection speed.

For the router; if it supports 5GHz band you can try to connect to that band (sometimes it's setup as a separate network) to get some more throughput (but you sacrifice range and wall penetration). It could also be that the router is overloaded. Everything connects via WiFi now so some entry model WiFi routers just can't handle more than 5 devices connected at a time.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
And yep, I saw that survey (and completed it). lol

I thought doing a gift card giveaway would give the survey a boost but it remains to be seen how much it'll have an effect on participation. But a fan art commission is a really great idea (and yes, it will most assuredly be Renelle because no one is drawing her and it makes me cry). I've never commissioned any art from anyone before so I'm not sure what I'm in for in regards to cost. I'm sure it's not too expensive though.

(Also you might've noticed that I didn't incorporate all of the survey questions you suggested to me last time, but I'm hoping to add one or two more of them to the next survey.)

From my experience, Twitter is a pretty decent place to look. Using the hashtags #ドラガリお絵かき部, #DragaliaLost, and #ドラガリ will get you the majority of tagged fan art. If you search "commission" in the art section of the DL Era discord, you'll get the artists who mentioned commission either in their Twitter name or in the tweet itself, which can also be a good place to start. I've commissioned art myself a bit for the sake of variety, and there can be quite the range, from $15 to $70 for the same prompt. It depends on the complexity of what you're asking for and each artists' asking price. The $15 was uniquely low because of how new the artist was to taking commissions, I feel like most had a $20-30 asking price. Here's the finished art I've commissioned with each of the artists' Twitter handle on the art itself.
sr98k6y.png
55QM7sf.jpg
2gkqOX0.png
knrR0i2.jpg
J4eUmCl.jpg
I potentially also got discounts for some because my prompt was to just use their favorite DL adventurer/dragon without specifying. The artists generally will either have commission info on a pinned tweet or "commissions" somewhere on their bio, at which point you can DM them for their rates for your idea pitch and go from there. Keep in mind that some artists can take a while to complete the commission, so you ought to commission a good deal in advance just to be safe.

And no prob on not doing every suggestion, most are just spur of the moment without too much though put in. This time around I'd say having a question on which adventurer (or adventurers) people really want to have a Mana Spiral could be interesting, as that shows who is the biggest fan favorite who may not be meta right now.
why there's no Omega Shishimai? what's the point of the raid bonuses? Now all that happens is that Ex Shishimai dies before the second chest is done, even with purposefully weak teams

Because the event only lasts 5 days and they wanted to give people a chance to play the other released content. Raid boosts are for new players so they can get Nightmare chests too. People would be a lot more Might restrictive if the boosts weren't there.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most lucky I've been with raid buffs yet there's no Omega fight to use them on.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've been seeing quite a bit of Chitose art, I think he's gotten the most so far out of all the new New Years units.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Literally cant wait to pull on the zodiac banner, been hoarding for a while now. Oddly enough Chitose is the main one I want and hes apparently 4*. I hope he has good skills to make him different to Lucretia

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
So i finally got mubbed 5* dragon for each element.

Levi,Cupid,Varyu,Cerberus,shinobi.

I really should just start doing eHDT more often. I'm excited for other elemenet Agito battles.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
From my experience, Twitter is a pretty decent place to look. Using the hashtags #ドラガリお絵かき部, #DragaliaLost, and #ドラガリ will get you the majority of tagged fan art. If you search "commission" in the art section of the DL Era discord, you'll get the artists who mentioned commission either in their Twitter name or in the tweet itself, which can also be a good place to start. I've commissioned art myself a bit for the sake of variety, and there can be quite the range, from $15 to $70 for the same prompt. It depends on the complexity of what you're asking for and each artists' asking price. The $15 was uniquely low because of how new the artist was to taking commissions, I feel like most had a $20-30 asking price. Here's the finished art I've commissioned with each of the artists' Twitter handle on the art itself.
sr98k6y.png
55QM7sf.jpg
2gkqOX0.png
knrR0i2.jpg
J4eUmCl.jpg

Wow, this is a genius way of going about looking for commissions. And I wasn't aware that you funded some yourself, although I shouldn't be surprised considering how much you love the fan art community. Really cool!

Those prices were about in line with what I expected, tbh. I'll see what my options are, and who knows, maybe I'll even find someone who takes free requests.

I potentially also got discounts for some because my prompt was to just use their favorite DL adventurer/dragon without specifying. The artists generally will either have commission info on a pinned tweet or "commissions" somewhere on their bio, at which point you can DM them for their rates for your idea pitch and go from there. Keep in mind that some artists can take a while to complete the commission, so you ought to commission a good deal in advance just to be safe.

Okay, good to know. What I have in mind should be pretty simple so it shouldn't take too much time to make. Won't need it until late-March, so there's that, too.

And no prob on not doing every suggestion, most are just spur of the moment without too much though put in. This time around I'd say having a question on which adventurer (or adventurers) people really want to have a Mana Spiral could be interesting, as that shows who is the biggest fan favorite who may not be meta right now.

See, I never would've thought to include a question like that. That's why I ask for suggestions. lol We'll see how quickly Mana Spirals are added to different adventurers in the next few months, but if there's still a large majority who doesn't have one, I'll probably incorporate that question into the survey.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new MC buffs to many units considered as off meta in eHMS and mHMS. I am seeing more new comp in PUBs and I think it helps combating the meta or bust attitude. Volk was fun, and figuring out how to battle it without any guide brought me a lot fun. Players learned to break the trap much quicker than I thought. I also like the idea of you need both type of resistance in the comp to make it easier. haven't try expert yet since I don't have HD2 for Emma.

I also got my first HD2 with some more help from the discord group. Thanks everyone once again. Now my WElly has a MUB HD2 sword. Next goal is to beat mHBH or mHMC. For mHBH, it sucks. Sometimes it refuses to dodge and just walk during meteors.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Finally beat Volk. If I have a MUB Chimera weapon should I go for the 6* or the tree?

Fake edit: I was thinking of keeping the Chimera Blade and go for the 6* Sword for Naveed to make my fire team op.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
what's the best place to grind for the new fire elemental orbs? cause I am destroying expert chimera over and over again and it won't drop the damn things

I already did v hard campaign.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally beat Volk. If I have a MUB Chimera weapon should I go for the 6* or the tree?

Fake edit: I was thinking of keeping the Chimera Blade and go for the 6* Sword for Naveed to make my fire team op.

How free are your wyrmsmiths? If you have one that's free and you don't intend to tackle the mHDTs soon, then the tree will have the better overall effect since a 0UB Agito weapon by itself is just a side-grade to a MUB Chimera weapon. Of course, you can still grab the weapon immediately and just upgrade the tree every two weeks from the Standard weekly chest, so it's ultimately just whether you or not you want to wait on maxing the tree immediately or getting the 0UB weapon. In ten weeks of weekly chests you'll have both (or an unbind for the Agito), so it's not a huge loss either way.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think once weekly reset hits I'll try eHMS on my F2P NOTTE alt with Euden. I feel like my Euden's strong enough, but only one way to find out. It'd definitely give my Wind team a boost if I do end up doing it. The Volcanic Chimera was a great addition for getting mid-game players a huge boost to have a much better chance at breaking into Expert compared to just using Void dragon weapons.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
The 7-day bonus pack was a godsend against volk. Beat him three times and I have enough to build the tree (which I already did) and for weapon (which I'm saving until I know who I want to bring to e/mHMS)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It got lost in the shuffle a bit, but A Sweeping Retrospective missions are actually really great for grinding resources. Treasure Slime is for elemental orbs (not the new ones)/rainbow orbs/monster materials, Fafnir is for Exp crystals/Wyrmprint water/dragon fruit, and the Gold Slime for gold. If you need rainbow orbs, the Treasure Slime drops them at a pretty decent pace. If you plan to 70 MC multiple characters, you actually need a ton of leveling crystals (I ran out of my thousands of gold crystals after 70MC-ing my second character), so Fafnir is good for that along with Water and dragon fruit. Gold Slime gives nearly 250K gold for 10 stamina with maxed gold fafnirs, so it's really good for making out your gold. 99 runs for 24 mil basically.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Went quite heavy with the single summon tickets on this banner because the prizes are kinda worth it? Managed to get at least 5 Sunstones, 5 Damascus Ingots, a lot of Twinkling Sands, a few keys and various other things (like Rena and a few merges). Trying to store my Wyrmite up, but it's been a decent haul tbh. Got a few more MUB dragons now at any rate.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, this banner got me to use my tenfold vouchers on my main account despite having everything to try it out a bit since I need the Eldwater after trying to work on 70MC-ing characters I've never touched before. The payout is honestly really good even just with low item rolls. I think this is honestly as good of a banner as Gala if not better depending on how big your roster is, since you essentially have two chances to get a good roll every time. I hope it comes back in the future, it's pretty great for non-Gala months.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Best showcase ever. Got 4 Sunlight stone so far from it. They used to be so rare. Trying to do the Mana Spiral for Botan and Ezelith but man the very hard difficulty level for the new orb tiers are not easy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta read the update notes to catch the weird little things. Like how Mariti was getting voiced in the Roost soon before Halloween.

I got Chelsea. Is she any good?

"Uwee hee hee!"

She's extremely strong but very risky to play well, is my understanding. She's still the second highest fire unit on the dps sim (with Emma in the lead) for 3 minutes or longer content, still only dropping to third (below Ezelith) at 2 minutes, and then drops decently further down at 1 minute (because she doesn't have the time to activate her buffs).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think this update was literally the biggest one we've ever had, with mid-game permanent content (Volcanic Chimera/Standard Agito), permanent endgame content (Expert Agito), significant buffs to 12 adventurers (Mana Spirals), and two concurrent limited-time events (New Years re-run, A Sweeping Retrospective). This was even bigger than eHDT/mHDT since Expert was just buffed up Standard and Master HDTs released one at a time. The Halidom level getting increased was definitely the last thing on most folks' mind xD

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I think this update was literally the biggest one we've ever had, with mid-game permanent content (Volcanic Chimera/Standard Agito), permanent endgame content (Expert Agito), significant buffs to 12 adventurers (Mana Spirals), and two concurrent limited-time events (New Years re-run, A Sweeping Retrospective). This was even bigger than eHDT/mHDT since Expert was just buffed up Standard and Master HDTs released one at a time. The Halidom level getting increased was definitely the last thing on most folks' mind xD

Definitely. Add the new chapter and Very Hard difficulty too. I'm always surprised by the amount of content in the game.

Game is also super generous with free resources and pulls. I spent probably like 10$ on the game and got so much out of it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So we should be getting a banner preview tonight at reset, right? I wonder how powerful they'll make the 5* light wand Zodiac. I'm having Gala Cleo flashbacks...

You're telling me the people read patch notes didn't bother telling us?

Who do I request to get banned for this?

FakeEdit: It's Chrono, isn't it
*removes finger from Ban Button*

Er, I don't know what you're talking about. *whistles*

Not to worry. If I were someone important, I'd have a flashy tag under my name. I'm just an average guy, with a (drastically) more than average love for Elisanne, Cleo and Mym. Nothing to see here!

Don't feel bad about missing some of the patch note mentions. With how fast QoL improvements fly at us (of which I'm very thankful for), it's no wonder some things get overlooked.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So we should be getting a banner preview tonight at reset, right? I wonder how powerful they'll make the 5* light wand Zodiac. I'm having Gala Cleo flashbacks...

*removes finger from Ban Button*

Er, I don't know what you're talking about. *whistles*

Not to worry. If I were someone important, I'd have a flashy tag under my name. I'm just an average guy, with a (drastically) more than average love for Elisanne, Cleo and Mym. Nothing to see here!

Don't feel bad about missing some of the patch note mentions. With how fast QoL improvements fly at us (of which I'm very thankful for), it's no wonder some things get overlooked.
Isnt Mitsuhide the Zodiac 5 star? Pretty sure she is a light dagger, Chitose is the light wand and a 4* apparently

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt Mitsuhide the Zodiac 5 star? Pretty sure she is a light dagger, Chitose is the light wand and a 4* apparently
Oh, you're right. I went back to the Dragalia Digest video and that does seem to be the case (really strange how they made Nobunaga a fire type character, though).