• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

FINALLY we get our first natural 5★ water healer to round out all of the elements. I was disappointed G!Elly didn't fill that role, but Cygames delivered mere days later with this new chick. Hopefully we get an influx of healers in HBH now to make forming a team a bit less frustrating.

And as someone who still doesn't have Leviathan (despite desperately wanting him) and who has been rolling with MUB Vodyanoy for forever, Kamuy is looking mighty enticing right about now...

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my first master high brunhilda clear and actually managed 3 back to back to complete my weeklies! Took a long time but glad to have gotten it. Team was celliara(blade), Lily, Thaniel, and Fjorm.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I get the feeling that they made a new presentation for banner reveals because having gameplay was getting frustrating with little to no gain. Hope the 4 stars don't get snubbed in the future like Durant did here

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Had to use all my resources to get Elissane, and now I have nothing for the new Healer.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
If you have Hlowen, try him. Also if you're having AI troubles, try controlling the unit furthest from him (so healer, kept at a distance) as that's who he targets with most of his dangerous stuff.

I ended up just going with controling hilda and I got it down with like 10 tries. I'm so split on how i feel about this content. Controlling healers is so boring IMO, but i guess it comes with the territory of real time combat. It's almost always going to be better when dealing with the stupid ai. People have brought up in this thread how the AI is stupid but does bypass stuff that PC controlled adventurers can't.

Off topic, i also got Gala Ellie today, which is honestly all I wanted. This game is really just collecting super cool artwork at this point... I really should get to trying breaking into eHDT stuff.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm gonna guess the video change has more to do with trying to attract non-players of the game, and the new formatting is for the advertisement to fit platforms like Twitter or Instagram. Stuff like skill descriptions and passive don't mean much if a person doesn't actually play the game, and the videos have always been kind of redundant since the news section has the skills/passives; the main thing we lose is any mentions of 4*'s now.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It seems kind of odd to outright omit some of the new characters if the changes were done to make the videos better marketing tools though... Different characters will appeal to different people.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I mentioned Twitter/Instagram because the video is noticeably shorter at about 40 seconds vs. the usual ones taking 1-2 minutes (Lathna was the only new thing for her banner and still took over a minute). I believe a goal was for this to be flashy and quick, with a focus on showcasing new animations (Ziya's fish catching and Kamuy's spin attack). We don't even see Ziya's second skill animation since that's probably just the same as other healers, while 4* characters sometimes have no new animations at all like Patia or Renee, especially since Durant seems to be wholly focused on self-buffing.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Ok so I've been running High Mid exclusively with V.Hilde and am very comfortable in that role. I want to move up to Expert though, as I want to be able to craft the void Merc bane weapon. Is V.Hilde a thing in expert? Or is it mostly DPS and I need to find a new main? Any unit recommendations for a not-too-tough time learning expert?

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I've been running High Mid exclusively with V.Hilde and am very comfortable in that role. I want to move up to Expert though, as I want to be able to craft the void Merc bane weapon. Is V.Hilde a thing in expert? Or is it mostly DPS and I need to find a new main? Any unit recommendations for a not-too-tough time learning expert?

V. Hilde is probably preferred thanks to energy build. Pretty much the same except you'll need to run a strength dragon and you'll need a MUB 5 star weapon.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
V. Hilde is probably preferred thanks to energy build. Pretty much the same except you'll need to run a strength dragon and you'll need a MUB 5 star weapon.
Which dragon would I want to use? I have the dragons and the sun stones to get pretty much any of them ready, whatever will help me out here. And would I be looking to make the regular T3 5*, or the void one?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Which dragon would I want to use? I have the dragons and the sun stones to get pretty much any of them ready, whatever will help me out here. And would I be looking to make the regular T3 5*, or the void one?

You probably don't even need a 5* strength dragon anymore and Phoenix will be fine. General DPS of pugs for eHMS has moved high enough to not need healer dps.

Beyond that the healer role is identical.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Dangit, I was soo close to rolling another 1200 for my 5th Gaia pull!!! At least I got Gaia Cleo out of it. Well time to retire until December 02.

Megaman really saved this game or else I would not touch until new years.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure using her's still totally fine, but I'm not sure she's preferred? Verica has stun cleanse and Lowen has his buffs, which I'd think would be more useful than occasional energy.

but I don't have Vilde and use those two, so I'm biased

Dangit, I was soo close to rolling another 1200 for my 5th Gaia pull!!! At least I got Gaia Cleo out of it. Well time to retire until December 02.

Megaman really saved this game or else I would not touch until new years.

...it is already December 2nd, so you should wake back up, haha.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the new 5*'s adventure story is not voiced? I guess Dragalia did indeed get budget cuts :/

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I'm wondering if Durant was supposed to be the five star with him being the focus on the five star print.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
that is the other possibility, that she was supposed to be a 4* that got switched to 5*... but dunno if Durant has voiced either.

I'm assuming he wasnt, something is just super weird with this banner so far, so hopefully it's a one off and not a trend

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming he wasnt, something is just super weird with this banner so far, so hopefully it's a one off and not a trend
I haven't seen anything on the reddit about this. Wow, I sure hope the Gala was successful this time, and they make some bank over Dragonyule and New Year's/Zodiac events.
Another possibility people have mentioned is that Kleimann appears on the story and since his VA passed away, they decided not to voice the entirety of her chapters to not have to search a new VA for him.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I could see having Kleimann featured pretty extensively in Episode 2 being a legitimate reason why it's not voiced since his VA died. They might have had this interaction planned before his death and opted not to voice it in respect to the VA, instead of changing Kleimann's VA or the story. However, I'm admittedly not sure what VA culture is like over there.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I could see having Kleimann featured pretty extensively in Episode 2 being a legitimate reason why it's not voiced since his VA died. They might have had this interaction planned before his death and opted not to voice it in respect to the VA, instead of changing Kleimann's VA or the story. However, I'm admittedly not sure what VA culture is like over there.

Oh yeah, in granblue they haven't recast Gandalf (alethia) or Agielba after they voice actors died. They have reappeared in laterl fate stories using canned dialogue.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
200x pulls (and an accidental Diamantium single pull) got me my Qilin Eskimo and her pup.

I also picked up Konohana Sakuya and Bacon Lady which are both units I potentially would have Dream Summoned for.

Now to prepare Thaniel 2.0 for eHBH by reviewing some Thaniel 1.0 eHBH videos.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the story campaign. Was expecting to get something, like a tenfold summon voucher or something.

I just dont have enough good characters to build teams for all of the content yet. I have like 3 great teams, and the rest are struggling to hit 10,000 might. Should I just focus on building one good team at a time, or try to get a higher average overall? What content should I be doing now also?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

My first thought is how in KH3's Hercules world, Phil is weirdly unvoiced even in English, seemingly due to his JP voice actor passing away.

But I also think of anime where they'll (understandably) bring in replacement actors for even just a few episodes if someone is unable to act for a while. Or franchises that kept including a character after an actor's death. So it's certainly an approach, I guess... Hopefully just that and not a trend.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the story campaign. Was expecting to get something, like a tenfold summon voucher or something.

I just dont have enough good characters to build teams for all of the content yet. I have like 3 great teams, and the rest are struggling to hit 10,000 might. Should I just focus on building one good team at a time, or try to get a higher average overall? What content should I be doing now also?

If you have gala characters i would work on them. followed by healers, since healers are the easiest entry point into end game content.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If you have gala characters i would work on them. followed by healers, since healers are the easiest entry point into end game content.
How can you tell in game which characters are Gala characters? I got the newest one, but I dont think I have any more. But I also cant tell without going online and looking at the different portraits/icons.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
How can you tell in game which characters are Gala characters? I got the newest one, but I dont think I have any more. But I also cant tell without going online and looking at the different portraits/icons.
You can find them by their element, weapon type and 5* rarity. Here are the available Gala units:
  • Gala Sarisse | Flame | Bow
  • Gala Mym | Flame | Lance
  • Gala Ranzal | Wind | Sword
  • Gala Cleo | Dark | Wand
  • Gala Prince | Light | Sword
  • Gala Elisanne | Water | Axe

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

The existing Gala characters are:

Gala Sarisse (fire bow, the only Sarisse that exists)
Gala Ranzal (wind sword)
Gala Mym (fire lance, the only other Mym is Halloween which is fire axe)
Gala Cleo (dark wand)
Gala Prince/Euden/your username (light sword)
Gala Ellisanne (water axe)

EDIT: oops beaten, and by a better format too!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got them all but Gala Elisanne cost me a lot. Nearly 50k wyrmmyte, 4 free tenfolds, 4 tenfolds, and about 50 singles.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

I think ideally you ought to pick one character in each element you want to main whom you pour most of your resources into, then 3 AIs after that so that you have full teams (of 1 Healer/3 non-Healers) for each element. Hildegarde or the healers with a regen heal as their first skill like Verica, Halloween Lowen, Valentine's Hildegarde, Summer Verica, Nurse Aeleen, Vixel, and Akasha can be used off-element as long as it's not something they're weak to (Light and Dark don't have a weakness, so Hlidegarde, Vixel, or Summer Verica can be used as your healer for all non-endgame content).

With the Mega Man event going on, you ought to farm that, as the event Wyrmprints have a high drop rate and are comparable to some of the best 3K Eldwater Wyrmprints in the game. If you struggle with the Master Brainwashed Dragons, you can generally find a party through co-op. Make sure to equip the relevant event Wyrmprint for each dragon/Dr. Wily, as each one of those bosses aside from Midgardsormr (whom Mega Man is super effective against) has a Wyrmprint that drastically improves the damage dealt to the boss.

I know it's not saying much because there's always been such a disgusting scarcity of Renelle art, but this is definitely one of the best I've seen! ♥

*insta-follow*

I'll be on the look out for other folks of culture. In the mean time, currently cataloging this artist who has drawn a ton of Waike and Karl since November of last year, even has a Moments with a lot of (but not all) of their artwork.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think ideally you ought to pick one character in each element you want to main whom you pour most of your resources into, then 3 AIs after that so that you have full teams (of 1 Healer/3 non-Healers) for each element. Hildegarde or the healers with a regen heal as their first skill like Verica, Halloween Lowen, Valentine's Hildegarde, Summer Verica, Nurse Aeleen, Vixel, and Akasha can be used off-element as long as it's not something they're weak to (Light and Dark don't have a weakness, so Hlidegarde, Vixel, or Summer Verica can be used as your healer for all non-endgame content).

With the Mega Man event going on, you ought to farm that, as the event Wyrmprints have a high drop rate and are comparable to some of the best 3K Eldwater Wyrmprints in the game. If you struggle with the Master Brainwashed Dragons, you can generally find a party through co-op. Make sure to equip the relevant event Wyrmprint for each dragon/Dr. Wily, as each one of those bosses aside from Midgardsormr (whom Mega Man is super effective against) has a Wyrmprint that drastically improves the damage dealt to the boss.

I'll be on the look out for other folks of culture. In the mean time, currently cataloging this artist who has drawn a ton of Waike and Karl since November of last year, even has a Moments with a lot of (but not all) of their artwork.

Thanks!

I've got Hildegard and Nurse Alene. Also Akasha, who's my favorite so far.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did some singles and 4 10s for this banner, since I'll probably stick with healing for a while longer for eHBH and a direct upgrade would be fine even if I 50 MC'd Thaniel when I started that. Got SMari from the singles, which was a nice surprise, but the 10s only got me a Prom (now have MUB + 1UB...) and Pazuzu (1UB) followed by 2 more nothings. So I guess we'll see if dailies get me something or at least rate me up, when I might try more. Trying not to spend too much wyrmite before the holidays, especially when Thaniel's probably more than fine, but I dunno if they'll be something I want to really go hard for anyway.

Meanwhile: suddenly finding myself really frustrated with what's available of the rotating content today? I plan to do mHZD -> mHJP, and I failed to try the first during the weekend so I can't do it till tomorrow, which means I can't do high dragons without wasting my weeklies (which I may need, as apparently even w/ weeklies you may need to clear twice for an HD2 if you get the lowest possible drops+weekly). Which is extra annoying as I (unrelatedly) took today as another vacation day and so have extra time I could have used on learning that, instead of fitting it in tomorrow night. And on top of that, I'd just go farm 2x Void but I guess on Mondays (and Sundays) there's no 2x dragon or even manticore, so that feels worthless. And I'm about to level and have extra energy to burn, on top of the 2x stamina refresh as is. So all of that's going to... 2x IO, still, I guess, despite my dojos being maxed?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Durant is a pretty hot topic among some artists.
Thanks!

I've got Hildegard and Nurse Alene. Also Akasha, who's my favorite so far.
No prob; If Akasha's your favorite, she'll probably work for all non-Fire content, at which point you can use N! Aeleen or Hilde. The Give Me Your Wounded and/or Study Rabbits Wyrmprints will ensure she can live, and she even has more offensive utility than most healers thanks to Vital Gate.

Did some singles and 4 10s for this banner, since I'll probably stick with healing for a while longer for eHBH and a direct upgrade would be fine even if I 50 MC'd Thaniel when I started that. Got SMari from the singles, which was a nice surprise, but the 10s only got me a Prom (now have MUB + 1UB...) and Pazuzu (1UB) followed by 2 more nothings. So I guess we'll see if dailies get me something or at least rate me up, when I might try more. Trying not to spend too much wyrmite before the holidays, especially when Thaniel's probably more than fine, but I dunno if they'll be something I want to really go hard for anyway.

Meanwhile: suddenly finding myself really frustrated with what's available of the rotating content today? I plan to do mHZD -> mHJP, and I failed to try the first during the weekend so I can't do it till tomorrow, which means I can't do high dragons without wasting my weeklies (which I may need, as apparently even w/ weeklies you may need to clear twice for an HD2 if you get the lowest possible drops+weekly). Which is extra annoying as I (unrelatedly) took today as another vacation day and so have extra time I could have used on learning that, instead of fitting it in tomorrow night. And on top of that, I'd just go farm 2x Void but I guess on Mondays (and Sundays) there's no 2x dragon or even manticore, so that feels worthless. And I'm about to level and have extra energy to burn, on top of the 2x stamina refresh as is. So all of that's going to... 2x IO, still, I guess, despite my dojos being maxed?

You could put it all into Wily for the Augments and Consecrated Waters.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Durant is a pretty hot topic among some artists.

No prob; If Akasha's your favorite, she'll probably work for all non-Fire content, at which point you can use N! Aeleen or Hilde. The Give Me Your Wounded and/or Study Rabbits Wyrmprints will ensure she can live, and she even has more offensive utility than most healers thanks to Vital Gate.

You could put it all into Wily for the Augments and Consecrated Waters.

That's true, good thinking. I just feel like we have 2 weeks of the event left, so any amount of farming bolts is going to end up being worthless. Not to mention that the additional prints are very good but will be a hassle for me to manage in my inventory, haha. But the augments at least are worth going for.

My other thought - that I had after spending like 20-30 minutes cleaning up my inventory (this is why I don't want to deal with many more prints...) so I could accept a very cursed 14x of the same 2* weapon about to rot in my box from skip ticketing, and then buy the event weapons - is that I could farm 2x Therian a bit. Since we may actually need those weapons for the upcoming Manticore fight. Just sucks that there's no way to get augments from it, despite it also being a 25 stamina quest with no real difference in difficulty from the ones that do drop them. But I digress. Guess I'll split my stamina between there and Wily for today? Hmm.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I think those days are the right ones to change to. CyGames/Nintendo should readjust the schedule to open all mHDT from Friday/Saturday to Sunday/Monday. That way those that want to use their weeklies right after reset can do so and those that procrastinate and scramble to finish their weeklies before reset (Ex: me) aren't limited to mHMC and mHMS.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
through a one of the free pull tickets and got:

EKzIQGdXsAIRyJC

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
I haven't played Dragalia much, but I do remember one of my favorite characters being the girl with the Loving Hand, what's her name

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Dragalia much, but I do remember one of my favorite characters being the girl with the Loving Hand, what's her name

Estelle

Found this on the DL reddit

DL is out of the Top 100 in Japan mobage: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragaliaLo...obage_2019/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

I definitely think they need better monetization in this game? People may like that it's super F2P friendly but them trying to achieve that is kinda hurting the game I think. We need sparking or skins or something really. Hope Year 2 fixes this

Yes they have a monetization problem, read: there basically is none after a while. Only reason to pull at some point for "whales" is vanity of unique catalog but we've exhausted that for months now.

Also in Japan, right now, a lot of Cygames' audience has jumped to WF to play that as the new hotness.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Found this on the DL reddit

DL is out of the Top 100 in Japan mobage: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragaliaLo...obage_2019/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

I definitely think they need better monetization in this game? People may like that it's super F2P friendly but them trying to achieve that is kinda hurting the game I think. We need sparking or skins or something really. Hope Year 2 fixes this

Yea without being an expert in this type of stuff, I'm starting to get worried support will die off eventually since it definitely seems to be underperforming.