• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
This all look amazing!

Any chances of trying to make some more "The Witcher" designs? Seems like an universe ripe for this mashups.

Also, are the designs Heat pressed or Screen printer into the shirts?

Uhh....You're not Travis Pitts.

It's called Madness of Mission 6 – a Pac-Man true story by Travis Pitts. It was sold on Threadless in 2006. I should know since I bought one as did thousands of others.

8hoeggr2gma21.jpg

At least give some credit.

Also worth mentioning that Travis got a cease and desist because of the design so not only should she give credit but she should also be careful.

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Some neat designs, picked a few up. Would love to see some more cool mashups.

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Love these designs! Bought 4 of the shirts. Would love a Hollow Knight one in this style.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't resist that Metroid tee.

If you do an Earthbound design I'll buy that too ;)

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
This all look amazing!

Any chances of trying to make some more "The Witcher" designs? Seems like an universe ripe for this mashups.

Also, are the designs Heat pressed or Screen printer into the shirts?

Also worth mentioning that Travis got a cease and desist because of the design so not only should he give credit but he should also be careful.
Hi. I'm a female and not a guy. Lol I really appreciate you giving me the heads up on the cease and desist. Anyway, I just had an idea come in to my head that involved Pacman and space. My initial idea was to do something that showed the shape of pacman's head only floating in space and felt everyone needed to be in suits. I didn't even find the Mission 6 design until after I was finished with mine, honestly. A lot of the time I do find that myself and other artists will often have ideas that are already made when it comes to mashups and that having more than one made is very common. You could probably find 200 Gengar that all look somewhat similar and I have seen many shirt artists argue over who is borrowing ideas.

For example, soon after the Ghost Ganon shirt I had sold through shirtpunch, other artists started doing similar designs with one being Castlevania and Ghosts font. The influence of ideas happen a lot and I have thought of hundreds of ideas on my own that I end up finding on Google. Just because someone may have already had the idea before me doesn't mean I should just avoid it entirely.
Love these designs! Bought 4 of the shirts. Would love a Hollow Knight one in this style.
Couldn't resist that Metroid tee.

If you do an Earthbound design I'll buy that too ;)
Wearing my metroid shirt right now
Picked up the Belmont one, excellent design.
And you guys are awesome! Just finished a Final Fantasy design that should be out soon and I think it turned out really great. Hope to get the others out soon!

About the printing, I tested a few places and it has actually been hard to find a good print at an affordable price. Some places had some very questionable prints that I couldn't use even though they say their machines are millions of dollars. And the current solution seems to be an overall good and soft ringspun shirt that is often reviewed well. The only issue I have now is to get sales higher so I can reach better profit margins and get screen prints since most designs I make can work on screen printing.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling BS. Copying other people's work blatantly and then acting like it's a coincidence? Come on.

We're not all that stupid.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Hi. I'm a female and not a guy. Lol I really appreciate you giving me the heads up on the cease and desist. Anyway, I just had an idea come in to my head that involved Pacman and space. My initial idea was to do something that showed the shape of pacman's head only floating in space and felt everyone needed to be in suits. I didn't even find the Mission 6 design until after I was finished with mine, honestly. A lot of the time I do find that myself and other artists will often have ideas that are already made when it comes to mashups and that having more than one made is very common. You could probably find 200 Gengar that all look somewhat similar and I have seen many shirt artists argue over who is borrowing ideas.

For example, soon after the Ghost Ganon shirt I had sold through shirtpunch, other artists started doing similar designs with one being Castlevania and Ghosts font. The influence of ideas happen a lot and I have thought of hundreds of ideas on my own that I end up finding on Google. Just because someone may have already had the idea before me doesn't mean I should just avoid it entirely.

And you guys are awesome! Just finished a Final Fantasy design that should be out soon and I think it turned out really great. Hope to get the others out soon!

About the printing, I tested a few places and it has actually been hard to find a good print at an affordable price. Some places had some very questionable prints that I couldn't use even though they say their machines are millions of dollars. And the current solution seems to be an overall good and soft ringspun shirt that is often reviewed well. The only issue I have now is to get sales higher so I can reach better profit margins and get screen prints since most designs I make can work on screen printing.

Hm ok.

You didn't specially answer, the shirts are heat pressed then?

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
I'm calling BS. Copying other people's work blatantly and then acting like it's a coincidence? Come on.

We're not all that stupid.
I don't think so. One is a guy on the ground and eating pills while the other isn't? Seems like some are making that to be something that isn't and dracula already said they thought of a space pacman idea before ever seeing it. Shirt artists end up doing a lot of ideas and they end up having the same ideas pop up all the time without seeing the others work. I remember seeing a video of such instances on teefury

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. One is a guy on the ground and eating pills while the other isn't? Seems like some are making that to be something that isn't and dracula already said they thought of a space pacman idea before ever seeing it. Shirt artists end up doing a lot of ideas and they end up having the same ideas pop up all the time without seeing the others work. I remember seeing a video of such instances on teefury
The design of the ghosts are exactly the same as the other one and they're even in the same color order.

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
The design of the ghosts are exactly the same as the other one and they're even in the same color order.
Is it not possible that the color order could be the same? Not really that surprising?
images
Would we say this one was copied from too because of the skeleton faces? The pacmans on all 3 do not look the same but in the end I don't see a big deal here myself. Googled that image and I wouldn't even think much of this one either.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017

WTH. Ok explain the helmet. Pac-man has never had an eye. Yet in the design from Travis, the helmet is pac-man's head with an eye. Then in the plaigarized image, it has the exact same eye. That's not "coincidence". That's theft.

Also sorry, but just because the bodies are in different positions doesn't mean it isn't copied. They are almost exactly the same shapes. That's nearly impossible. Even down to how the ghosts bodies are torn and tapered off. Even if they just accidentally came up with the same idea (which is a lie) they shouldn't have released it once they saw the similarities. People with integrity wouldn't have done that.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it not possible that the color order could be the same? Not really that surprising?
images
Would we say this one was copied from too because of the skeleton faces? The pacmans on all 3 do not look the same but in the end I don't see a big deal here myself. Googled that image and I wouldn't even think much of this one either.
If the basic design of the ghosts wasn't the same, I could see the color order being the same as a coincidence but there's too much in common for the 2006 image to not be the clear inspiration. The astronaut designs, the skulls, the order of the ghosts, even how close together they are. I've seen plagiarism claims on things that share less in common.

The image you include here has the ghosts in a traditional Grim Reaper design in a Tron-like setting instead of a space motif. It may have a similar theme of "being haunted by your past" but the representation is vastly different.

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
Looks like the Mega Man design is on the yetee which to me have great prints even though for someone a bit fat like me the print seems a little small. Either way, a good price.

theyetee.com

B_megarockman_640x.png

Anyone on here have any idea why they stopped updating their instagram? I feel I never know what they have anymore so I started looking at their FB page tonight which it seems DB had a design on there a few days ago but had no idea cause of the Instagram issue.

Any word on Final Fantasy or MGS stuff yet Draculaybte?

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Working on it! Hopefully soon! Are a lot of you guys interested in Final Fantasy or MGS?

Oct 27, 2017
I think you'd have the FGC (fighting game community) very interested if you did some fighters. Street Fighter, Tekken (I'd be all over that), Mortal Kombat etc.

Awesome stuff here though. I may snag a Dark Souls shirt.

I know a metal head who's a HUGE Borderlands fan. That combo would be tremendous for him.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
WTH. Ok explain the helmet. Pac-man has never had an eye. Yet in the design from Travis, the helmet is pac-man's head with an eye. Then in the plaigarized image, it has the exact same eye. That's not "coincidence". That's theft.

Also sorry, but just because the bodies are in different positions doesn't mean it isn't copied. They are almost exactly the same shapes. That's nearly impossible. Even down to how the ghosts bodies are torn and tapered off. Even if they just accidentally came up with the same idea (which is a lie) they shouldn't have released it once they saw the similarities. People with integrity wouldn't have done that.

Pac-man has had an eyes for a very long time what are you even going on about? Do a search and look at all the cabinet art for Pac-man. These guys didn't magically create eyes for the character.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...kinda funny then. Still not really any defense to any of my questions from Draculabyte. Ok I will dismiss the eyes for "reasons". The other "similarities" are far more than that.

Either way, this isn't something they came up with themselves.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Hmm...kinda funny then. Still not really any defense to any of my questions from Draculabyte. Ok I will dismiss the eyes for "reasons". The other "similarities" are far more than that.

Either way, this isn't something they came up with themselves.
This is one of the first images that made me think of the Pacman idea but the first idea was ghosts with a Ghost band logo.
It is possible for someone to think of an idea that someone already thought of. Pacman is simple. Four colors, space, etc. I can see where people would question it and that's okay. Regardless, I'm going to keep doing my thing and making awesome designs.https://www.amazon.com/Tomorrow-sunny-Thriller-Classic-poster/dp/B01FSDKX28/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?keywords=alien+1979+movie+poster&qid=1564416423&s=gateway&sprefix=alien+1979+mov&sr=8-14
Beetlejuice almost influenced me as well.

Also, for you dedicated warriors, I thought I would let you know if they're are any Yetee fans on here, Wario tees are on Yetee. Keep rocking guys!

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the first images that made me think of the Pacman idea but the first idea was ghosts with a Ghost band logo.
It is possible for someone to think of an idea that someone already thought of. Pacman is simple. Four colors, space, etc. I can see where people would question it and that's okay. Regardless, I'm going to keep doing my thing and making awesome designs.https://www.amazon.com/Tomorrow-sunny-Thriller-Classic-poster/dp/B01FSDKX28/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?keywords=alien+1979+movie+poster&qid=1564416423&s=gateway&sprefix=alien+1979+mov&sr=8-14
Beetlejuice almost influenced me as well.

Also, for you dedicated warriors, I thought I would let you know if they're are any Yetee fans on here, Wario tees are on Yetee. Keep rocking guys!
You're lying. The ghosts are in the same order and are practically the same design. It can't be coincidence.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Just to let you guys know there's three shirts going on ript apparel at 1 am central time. The designs are Dark Souls, Witcher, and Slimer!

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
You're lying. The ghosts are in the same order and are practically the same design. It can't be coincidence.
Calling someone a liar seems a bit ignorant and rude in this case. The chances of 4 colors appearing in the same order is so low? As well as the idea that they would even need to copy a color order? Would it make any difference what order the colors are in?

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Calling someone a liar seems a bit ignorant and rude in this case. The chances of 4 colors appearing in the same order is so low? As well as the idea that they would even need to copy a color order? Would it make any difference what order the colors are in?
Nah, it's clearly plagiarism. The ghost designs are clearly the same, the color order is exactly the same, the red ghost's right hand is even in the same position. Too much is the same for it to be mere coincidence.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta bump this but for those interested in a shirt they're all 35% off for 24h. So it's 13$USD vs 20$!
draculabyte Any upcoming design you can tease us with? o:

EDIT: the sale is on teepublic though it looks like it's the same price on the official website so.

Last edited:

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I uploaded 5 new designs yesterday. Been pretty busy so I haven't been on reset much. I have four new designs from Final Fantasy. Among a few other designs, I am working out some plans for more Dark Souls, Mario mixtures, MGS and possible horror and Bloodborne.
Final_Soldier_Final_Fantasy_VII_Black_Unisex_T-Shirt_ART_540x.png

Fantasy_Angel_Final_Fantasy_VII_Black_Unisex_T-Shirt_ART_540x.png

The_Snake_Ghost_Metal_Gear_Solid_Black_Unisex_T-Shirt_ART_540x.png

Kefka_Palazzo_Final_Fantasy_VI_Black_Unisex_T-Shirt_Art_540x.png

Dark_Knight_Final_Fantasy_IV_Black_Unisex_T-Shirt_ART_540x.png

Hope you guys like these!

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I'd like to see Snake or Big Boss, Ocelot is also one of my favorites but Ninja and Mantis are a better suit for these shirts. A Metal Gear Ray would look cool too, I love its design.
My first idea goes to Kefka Palazzo as the look should work. I haven't always been into the series and hope for Metal Gear stuff too if you are able!

My favorite Final Fantasy is actually 12 but I haven't played it since the release on ps2 and I haven't really been back to it or can recall it as well to know which characters may fit. Even though a lot of people love it I don't think its anywhere close to fan favorite as far as I know?
Wow, those are some crazy good designs. Gonna have to get some of those Castlevania/Metroid shirts.

Really interested in some Final Fantasy stuff so I'll be looking out for that
Golbez, Gilgamesh, Kefka, and tram of Judges form 12.
Thanks for the suggestions. Check out the new stuff!

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man.. Sephiroth looks a bit to much advent children for my taste, but that snake shirt will be mine.
And damn some of this art really makes me wanna get another tattoo.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preparing to order the Metroid one with Samus shooting Ridley, The Castlevania one with the Cradle of Filth font and Mega Man. These are all awesome, I'm all over it!

Getting large...I just hope the cut is good, I'm not in the best shape but usually Large do the job. I'm having this shipped to Canada so I hope they'll do just fine. :P

draculabyte, if there is an issue with size, can I return to ask for a larger size if there's a problem? Shouldn't happen...but who knows.

Last edited:

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Man.. Sephiroth looks a bit to much advent children for my taste, but that snake shirt will be mine.
And damn some of this art really makes me wanna get another tattoo.
Well I'm happy to see this thread. I want just about all the Ghost designed ones.
I am loving that snake design. The drk one is great too. Awesome!
Dayum, that Kefka shirt!
Loving the new designs!
What about the sword on Cloud? But the snake looks cool. Do more misfits I say but not sure what.
Preparing to order the Metroid one with Samus shooting Ridley, The Castlevania one with the Cradle of Filth font and Mega Man. These are all awesome, I'm all over it!

Getting large...I just hope the cut is good, I'm not in the best shape but usually Large do the job. I'm having this shipped to Canada so I hope they'll do just fine. :P

draculabyte, if there is an issue with size, can I return to ask for a larger size if there's a problem? Shouldn't happen...but who knows.

I have made a version with 7s game sword. I just haven't had a chance to get it up yet so some of you may find interest in that. I'm getting it up as soon as I have a chance! Glad the new designs are having positive feedback. Not to be byast but I think they're pretty rad! And unfortunately I can't do exchanges because every shirt is custom printed. We may can work something out to help you though. And hey, if it only inspires you to get a tattoo...that's still art! Hope to have something for everyone's taste at some point!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
OMG! Thread was made in June and I am seeing this for the first time. All of the designs are incredible!

I would love to know the behind the scene processes on how these are made. Absolutely incredible work.