• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Looks fun. But whaaaaat is that long cross at the end? Hope Jesus wasn't afraid of heights, if those measurements are accurate

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Holy shit the ship, one of the best moments in the book which has never been adapted to screen strangely. Maybe because it worked perfectly as a diary.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Netflix spent money on the streaming rights.

Sherlock was good cause of the actors, not the creative team.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I know Bela Lugosi's Dracula is iconic but do they have to be copy the look so blatantly? Bring on the moustache, please;
Holy shit the ship, one of the best moments in the book which has never been adapted to screen strangely. Maybe because it worked perfectly as a diary.

Coppola's film did it briefly and it was great, the music was particularly fantastic.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Loved Sherlock, definetely watching this 😊😊
Has an old look to it too, like it!

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
as someone who loves the book, i don't have particularly high hopes. the teasers have done nothing for me.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Well, thoughts?

Definitely enjoyed it, but I don't think it's got Sherlock appeal. Nice twist at the end though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really enjoyed it, pretty great actually and way better than expected tbh.

Claes Bang clearly had a blast playing Dracula, he was a great casting choice. Looking forward to episode 2 and 3. Fingers crossed it doesn't shit the bed like BBC's War of The Worlds did.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Special effects weren't great but overall a good first episode. Nice Sherlock reference btw

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I should check this out when it's released here.

Sherlock s1-3 rather than Sherlock s4, please.

S3 was the worst. The Xmas special and S4 were a step back into the right direction, the bizarre last episode of S4 nearly killed it for me. Others weren't as bad.

Show had nowhere to go after S2.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Sherlock S4 ep 2 was fantastic. Unfortunately the last episode was really bad. This was way better

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I thought some scenes dragged on a little too long but I really enjoyed it. Claes Bang was suitably charming and intimidating. I had a good time with both of the BBC's big shows tonight.

No, not Mrs Brown's Boys.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
3 episodes, one aired tonight, the other two Thursday and Friday.

I'm excited to watch the whole thing by Saturday.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bloody brilliant. Bang was having an absolute ball.

HEAVY Heaven Sent vibes, with the labyrinthine castle crawling with flies- never a bad thing to be reminded of, though!

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Had some good horror moments.

Also managed bad guy puns that actually resonated instead of being cheesy.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The second episode started off a bit tedious, but what a finish.

giphy.gif

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Really looking forward to watching this Saturday when it debuts here, seems like the reception has been positive so far? Saw this billboard post on imgur and it's terrific. lol

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's a dedicated discussion thread for this, so I'm going to lock this one

www.resetera.com

Is anyone else watching BBC’s Dracula?

So this aired yesterday, and it is a pretty loose adaptation of the book but damn was it good. The acting was great, the pacing kept me engaged and the makeup on the undead was pretty great (especially for a BBC production). For those that watched the first episode, what did you think? For...

Status
Not open for further replies.