• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I would be surprised if this becomes a big hit, feels a little too late and doesn't seems to be the kind of mobile game that is a huge money maker these days.

Then there is also the business model which they will probably botch it much like Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.
Nah, it's not going to be huge but it should do it reasonably well

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
A world of disease.

Interesting that this is in collaboration with LINE. They have a big catalogue of games, but I wonder if this will have any LINE app integration.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it fares better than that Puzzle Fighter game we got last year. I still can't believe how fast that game was dropped and pulled from the store.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to try out any of Nintendo's non-Miitomo mobile offerings, but I sincerely doubt a Candy Crush Saga clone is going to be the game that finally wins me over.

Still, this sounds like it could be fun for the audience that likes mobile puzzle games. I have never been much of a Dr. Mario guy myself, and I figure its actually too skill intensive for the target market segment that they'd be trying to go after, but I still see a good deal of value in this project.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really want them to make a Brain Age mobile since I'm actually the age this would be useful for now.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
The partnership with Line is both a great news for Japan and a terrible news for the rest of the world if the game is going to crash every single time because of Line integration like Disney Tsum Tsum on Android.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what this being announced means for Mario Kart Tour

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
probably the first nintendo mobile thing i'll check out. surprised it wasn't one of the first things they did really

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Huh. So it's Nintendo, LINE, and NHN Entertainment (who has developed multiple LINE games) all working on this.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
How did I not think of this before
It's perfect for mobile

Line partnership is pretty big too

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, okay lol.

Sounds like a good idea.
I was never good at Dr. Mario tho...

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it took this long. Dr.Mario is probably the most obvious Nintendo franchise to adopt for a mobile release.

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
There was a recent interview that Nintendo is keeping their mobile ventures at 2 games per year. If next year is Mario dominated as well, that would suck big time.

Oh ok, it was meant as two mobile Mario games. I was thinking of it more as Mario games overall, which would count the Nintendo Switch games. Not sure if releasing both close together in the summer will be good, but I believe both games are perfect for the smartphone model.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Finally they are picking games conducive to mobile. Keep Zelda and give me Wario Ware or Rhythm Heaven next. And if you really want to make money, Brain Age or Nintendogs.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Christ, hope my mother doesn't see this news. She put in over a 1000 hours on the Wiiware game.

Nov 8, 2017
Dr. Mario will work well on mobile.

The partnership with LINE is super interesting. I was recently looking for an app for group messaging and LINE was in my top three...

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Mario will work well on mobile.

The partnership with LINE is super interesting. I was recently looking for an app for group messaging and LINE was in my top three...

And Nintendo has been releasing more and more LINE sticker sets recently.

1.png