• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Rock Paper Scissors!

If you're connected to the internet and have a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can show your training results in the game's rankings and compete with friends! We also plan to hold regular World Brain Training Championships**. Please check back soon for further information.

The Brain-lympics!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Guess they decided to wait an extra week to reveal it in English because it was releasing a week later? lol

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how much they'll charge. In the age of cheap mobile games I don't think would pay more than £15 for this.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. That's like a million times better than the 3DS Brain Training.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Happy to see a Western release at least be close to the Jaoanese one (especially after the last Dr Kawashima game...)

Release date may seem strange but at a decent price it could be quite an impulse "got a Switch for Christmas, what else can I get" buy

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
The ad shows some minigames that use the Joy-Cons so us the game not compatible with Lite?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Good release date. Target new year's resolution people - and actually maybe help them

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
There's no way that rock paper scissors game will read clearly, you'll have to do the hand gesture like five times in a row. It's Brain Training tradition.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Interested to see if the game is able to differentiate when you have a Switch Lite. My partner would love this, but I'm getting her a Lite for Xmas. If it just suddenly comes across games that aren't properly playable that would be pretty frustrating.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, how I liked it back when I had my DS Lite...
Edit: Literally scanning ebay right now for used DS's :/

Last edited:

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
I'm glad there's a retail version. No, seriously I'm happy that this is coming. I have fond memories of playing that game in summer 2006 (The time it came out in Europe). It came out around the same time as the DS lite. It was the time when the DS really took off.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see if the game is able to differentiate when you have a Switch Lite. My partner would love this, but I'm getting her a Lite for Xmas. If it just suddenly comes across games that aren't properly playable that would be pretty frustrating.
It doesn't need to. The game will just tell you there aren't enough paired controllers.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I still have fond memories of my mom claiming my ds for a couple months when the first Brain Age came out. I might get her a Switch lite with Brain Age.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hell yeah. Without brain training games, my brain has been shrinking for years. It's probably the size of a tennis ball by now.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Ain't no old ladies holding the switch like that longer than a minute, shit is too heavy to hold comfortably in one hand.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
They should've done January 1st, see how smart people are after getting FUCKED up the night before hahahaha

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the number recognition worse than past entries or is it because of the touch being multi instead of the single?

Aug 2, 2019
Is the number recognition worse than past entries or is it because of the touch being multi instead of the single?

It's been a long time since I played the DS version but I would say it depends. There are (so far) 2 exercises where the answer could be a double-digit and this is where the software struggles the most in my opinion. For example I wrote a 4 and on screen came something like 23 or 12.

4s and 8s, sometimes 2s are the most difficult for the game with my handwriting. After practicing a bit it gets better because I get used to "what the game wants" but it shouldn't be like that.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the game a downgrade from Devilish training? Does it include anything from that game?