• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Cites the time it'll take (months) to get the vaccine into hundreds of millions of people.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah well, that's a pretty safe thing to say.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, by that time won't people start becoming immune too? It took two years for the Spanish Flu to just "stop."

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect longer than that before things are normal in terms of stabalized economy. But I'll be happy when I can stop worrying about social distancing so much. It's so stressful just to go to the grocery store.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising. I do expect/hope masks when being sick to stick around for the considerate individuals even post the "covid era".

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I don't think it'll ever be normal again. We will probably have "COVID seasons" where these social distancing things and mask wearing happens regularly to stop spread every year.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Not if the antibodies only last for 3 months and you can get reinfected.

I'm talking about herd immunity. I'm basing this on the Spanish Flu. Started in February 1918 and ended with no vaccine in April 1920. It just went away. The public stopped paying attention to it due to WW1 also. Let's hope history doesn't repeat its self there.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say it again. We will never go back to 'normal'. A new normal will have to be implemented lest we want to deal with this shit again in our lifetime.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, by that time won't people start becoming immune too? It took two years for the Spanish Flu to just "stop."

Coronoavirus isn't influenza, so no.

We're finding that people who have mild to no symptoms don't even keep their immunity to COVID, and even those who had bad symptomns may not keep their immunity forever either.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With all the anti-vaxxers and mask deniers out there, I don't know if we'll ever get back to "normal" again.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Considering every county in the world will try to get as many doses of a vaccine as possible i reckon most countries won't be able to fully supply vaccines until 2022. even if it is successfully developed in Q2 2021

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how fast the vaccine will be available in Canada. Would think our medical system could get it to people faster since it's all government run and most people are concentrated in a few large cities.....

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yep sounds about right. That nfl kickoff 2021 tho will be sick

Eh probably could have used a better word

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Not if the antibodies only last for 3 months and you can get reinfected.
It looks like re-infections are really, really mild compared to a first-time infection, since there are some improved immune reactions, even if not complete immunity.
So at least the people who survived Covid will have some protection, and are unlikely to get seriously ill again, though they can infect others of course, which makes them pointless for any sort of "herd immunity".

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
That's like the dream scenario isn't it? How many Americans will refuse getting vaccinated?

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
I got at least a year to earn more $$$ and get in shape before the great dating boom of 2021.

Thanks Dr. Fauci!

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
User Threadbanned: Fearmongering over multiple
It will literally never be over. We fucked this up too badly, we just get to live like this forever now.

Also yeah we're probably going to confirm that immunity lasts some stupidly short amount of time, nobody gets the vaccine because Qanon is a major religious belief now, and the whole thing just repeats on an endless loop with no improvement. Oh, and people who catch it and recover have permanent heart/lung damage and will also die in droves. We are beyond fucked.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Expecting more than a year in America at least... the school district in my city is planning to reopen in person fully next semester (they were planning on doing that this semester before the state mandated that they go fully distanced) while we are currently sitting at around 60-70 new cases a day.

Of course, I live in a very conservative and anti-mask/anti-social distancing city in California, so maybe it won't be like that everywhere

Jul 10, 2020
It will literally never be over. We fucked this up too badly, we just get to live like this forever now.

Also yeah we're probably going to confirm that immunity lasts some stupidly short amount of time, nobody gets the vaccine because Qanon is a major religious belief now, and the whole thing just repeats on an endless loop with no improvement. Oh, and people who catch it and recover have permanent heart/lung damage and will also die in droves. We are beyond fucked.
You okay?

It's scary shit, but it's gonna be alright.

OP
OP
shinobi602

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Lol, it's going to be a little while but no, it won't be like this forever. You think a decade from now absolutely nothing will have changed? People will get vaccinated and vaccines will adapt and improve and scientists will continue to learn and have a better understanding of it.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

hey man just take it a notch below. It's healthy to be alarmed but it's unhealthy to give up.

Cause this is the major vibes got off of this post. Here have some coffee.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdanidiplacido%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F09%2Fsouth-park-s21e02-put-it-down_16x9.jpg

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017

pump the brakes on the doom and gloom there, bud

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

We are able to over come TB, polio, and smallpox, we will figure this out.

Nov 6, 2017
If the new normal is wear a mask when out, testing often, and limiting large crowds, I think I will be okay personally. As long as I can see my friends and family in safe situations and I continue to be able to work, this shouldn't be so scary. Unfortunately, not everyone will do this or have this luxury

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It's already back to normal down here in Florida. People are out there with no shirts or masks in line next to each other and really upset that some places are still closed and masks are required when the Democrats virus hoax has been proven wrong.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Another full year is about what I was thinking. Spikes over the winter, vaccines in the spring and throughout the summer, kids in school & sports & theaters back in fall '21.
But even so, it won't be the same. This'll change global culture for a long time.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
The hysteria around here is out of control. Some of you need to get a grip. Things will eventually return to a normal-ish way of life. The question is when.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I find it difficult to impossible to really get a grasp on how long it will take for a real "normal" to be established again, because all the time a significant enough amount of the population spends not taking the virus seriously just extends how long everybody needs to continue taking steps to deal with it. At least speaking to the US here, a united and consistent message about mask-wearing, distancing, and actual effort put into testing and contact tracing early on would have had us in a pretty decent spot by this point in time. Instead, so many people now are totally dug-in on the "I'm not gonna live in fear!" anti-mask rhetoric that properly limiting the spread feels near-impossible and the notion of proper contact tracing is laughable. I don't know how much of the situation can be reversed if there's a change in leadership at the top, but the course we're on right now feels like we could lose a million people in the US alone before the virus feels like it's down to a manageable issue.