• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the Family Matters one before and it's great but man that Full House intro is just amazing!

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
This is exactly what deepfakes should be used for, now i want someone to make The full Monty where everyone is Steve Buscemi

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I fully expect vanity / novelty to ensure this tech will be a valid form of entertainment in which families or friends watch themselves as the cast of films / shows.
Give it a few years.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
this is so fuuuuuuucked up i love it

Relevant to Aphex Twin's interests

yes everyone's face should be Richard. fun fact: i saw Aphex Twin back in 2010 and the audience was filmed, and some of us in the front row appeared randomly on a big screen with his trollish face (you know the image) imposed on our bodies :P i think they used Kinect or something, the tracking was not quite 100% but it was amazing nonetheless, combined with the crazy lightshow. i looked really stupid with Richard's face and my cap..

Aphex Twin is the man.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

yes everyone's face should be Richard. fun fact: i saw Aphex Twin back in 2010 and the audience was filmed, and some of us in the front row appeared randomly on a big screen with his trollish face (you know the image) imposed on our bodies :P i think they used Kinect or something, the tracking was not quite 100% but it was amazing nonetheless, combined with the crazy lightshow. i looked really stupid with Richard's face and my cap..

Aphex Twin is the man.

Me and my friends used to crack up thinking about how they must have pitched that music video. "OK dude, like, we're going to put your face onto this little girl, right, and then you're going to go scream in this old woman's face for like 20 seconds, we start filming tomorrow." lol

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I fully expect vanity / novelty to ensure this tech will be a valid form of entertainment in which families or friends watch themselves as the cast of films / shows.
Give it a few years.
Add in the software being made that can replicate someones speech with just small sample sizes and you could digitally have yourself in anything you wanted.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Went to his YouTube channel and saw one with the Parks and Rec's cast. Thought it was impressive. I had to do a double take with Adam Scott as Uncle Jesse:

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aphex Twin is the man.

Aphex Twin fucking rules

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017

This one is actually genuinely impressive. About the only thing off I think is the flatness of the upper lip, but this one is otherwise pretty seamless. He's got 3 others in this series but this one stuck out to me most.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Makes me wonder what Scorsese and the VFX team of The Irishman are thinking now.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Soneone please give me Forrest Gump starring Chris Farley. I've genuinely been dreaming of that forever. But only when you can literally swap out everything.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean there were already games with (bad) face scanning, so why not?
NBA-2K15-face-scan-4.jpg

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know I needed to see three Ron Swansons brushing each others' hair, but I am now fulfilled.