• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hear about any claims that were made public? I don't think we should conflate cheating with sexual abuse or harassment. They are absolutely not the same.
There's no way he was perm'd for cheating. Cheating isn't great but there's no way one should get deplatformed for it. Perhaps someone reported credible sexual harassment or assault claims directly to Twitch?
What a damning statement about Twitch.
Ok boomer.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Video game streaming business is a fucking cesspool. There are some diamonds there but do you really want to dive in a shithole to find them?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I trust slasher. Twitch permabanning not just a partner but one of their big contracted streamers is huge. What the hell did he do if his past did'nt get him perma'd?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
He was openly talking about Mixer closing down on stream and what twitch would do now. Didn't seem like something that would get you a ban, though.
Oh yeah, I don't mean that. I just mean the guy loves to talk about it. It makes me think behind-the-scenes he does more than just talk about it. I don't know what his contract stipulates, but if he actively reached out to say Facebook Gaming or another service to see what they could offer him that might be a breach of contract.

Obviously everything is pure speculation, but Twitch banning him for comments/actions that took place years ago seems very unlike them. They let their biggest streamers get away with so much.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see them finally apply the rules to a big streamer, but who knows if that will actually matter going forward. It's possible something happened that they couldn't ignore this time. Or they went after him on older violations which seems unlikely, but who knows.

Now I'm just curious what happens to him now. I imagine Facebook wouldn't hesitate to sign him. Ideally, he'd try his own thing and fade into irrelevance, but I don't see that happening.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He signed his new contract very recently. There is no way that this is to do with past indiscretions. It's something new.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the end of his broadcast last night and he was telling people to open their eyes and listen to David Icke, whom from a quick Google search is a conspiracy theorist.

Oh, Icke's not only a conspiracy theorist. He's a batshit crazy conspiracy theorist. He's been known to peddle theories about the English royal family being shapeshifting reptilian aliens (everyone knows they're vampires), served with some antisemitism on the side.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh, it must have been bad if Twitch gave the axe to one of their cash cows. Won't see me cry.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Definitely need to get witwix out next. Apparently twitch hasn't even asked the people who came forward about their outing him either. And they haven't responded to the people who tweeted about him abusing them directly trying to talk to twitch staff.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Good fucking riddance. This guy has been a blight and horrible influence on far too many people including children. I pray he never shows his face online again. I could never believe how he made a career of being a trashy personality and people somehow thought it was ok because it was an "act". It was never an act, he was enabled by this excuse.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I have no clue what has happened here. Sounds serious, though. One thing is for sure, you sure as hell don't get banned for cheating lol

Status
Not open for further replies.