• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
If im being honest the only thing that feels off is that I would imagine Doc would go nuts on twitter if he were to be banned let alone perma so something must be up but for now....

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be unresolved and he'll just start streaming on Youtube or something. Has nearly 2 million subscribers there.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
wWue0rCDOphOE.gif

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
His statement strains all credibility.

Dr Disrespect, are you saying that you signed an exclusivity contract with Twitch that they can exit without giving a reason?

Just ridiculous. Anyone even remotely familiar with contract law or negotiations knows that this can't possibly be accurate.

I think he's trying to force Twitch to make a substantive statement first.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like people are reading way too much into his final moments on stream. He was clearly shocked about something, but if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you be shocked if you got a text from your management saying "hey Twitch is shutting you down FYI we're looking into it"? I really don't think it'd be that far fetched.

I get people don't like the guy but can we just let the situation unfold and calm down with the speculation?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch, if you want to stop looking like bumblefucks when it comes to moderating your platform, just actually get this story out there.

I'm not even going to bat for Dr Disrespect here, he's an asshole... But this lack of transparency is real stupid and still isn't setting a great example of anything as far as Twitch enforcement goes. What the fuck is the hold up.

Pretty much standard fare for them tbh

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Twitch, if you want to stop looking like bumblefucks when it comes to moderating your platform, just actually get this story out there.

I'm not even going to bat for Dr Disrespect here, he's an asshole... But this lack of transparency is real stupid and still isn't setting a great example of anything as far as Twitch enforcement goes. What the fuck is the hold up.
and if they can't legally say why at least say that. the silence and all of the clout chasing around this has been bad

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
The fact that Twitch has been quiet on this would lead me to believe that they're in on it or incredibly incompetent and both of those are completely possible given their past.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like we've all seen this before somewhere else... Twitch will probably make a statement on Monday most likely

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Dude was a cash cow for Twitch. I doubt they'd have axed him without something concrete

He's only a Cash Cow so long as big-ticket Advertisers are willing to let their brand be visible on the same site as him.

It only takes one large-scale ad-buyer to say "[these guys] go or we go." His viewcounts don't mean shit anymore if they're not putting eyes on ads.

My chips remain down on Twitch AdPocalypse, either speculated by Twitch or directly threatened.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Requested a title change but if he knows the reason and is just telling people 'twitch hasn't told me' that's pretty dumb lol.

Or it's a power move to publicly force Twitch to state their exact reason for banning him under the scrutiny of his thousands of followers, while Twitch may or may not want to make it known for now, for different reasons including legal ones.
Just speculating here but the way this tweet is worded feels very "legalese" to me.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Or it's a power move to publicly force Twitch to state their exact reason for banning him under the scrutiny of his thousands of followers, while Twitch may or may not want to make it known for now, for different reasons including legal ones.
Just speculating here but the way this tweet is worded feels very "legalese" to me.
Yeah. This is him and his lawyers trying to get an accuser's identity, or some details on exactly what law enforcement is investing him for.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gamerevolution.com

Dr Disrespect sponsors reinstate ad campaigns despite Twitch ban - GameRevolution

Dr Disrespect sponsors GameFuel and Razer have reinstated their ad campaigns with the streamer despite his Twitch ban, once again promoting their affiliation with him.

Dr Disrespect sponsors GameFuel and Razer have reinstated the ad campaigns they ran in unison with the streamer, despite his mysterious Twitch ban. Both sponsors previously removed the campaigns from their site and social media pages, though they have now reappeared and caused further confusion among those still questioning why Twitch severed ties with the internet personality.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I still say there is no specific reason. He got nuked for ALL the piled up infractions over his career, of which the past week + Method Drama made Twitch decide to cut their losses with him and other maverick streamers who were potential AdPocalypse risks.

He wasn't the only streamer to suddenly get permabanned with no public explanation this past week, just the most visible.

Have you been under a rock for the past week? Those are a few of the streamers accused of sexual harassment in the past week; the streamers listed in the tweet are streamers who admitted to what they did. That's why they were permanently banned.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
PR stunt doesn't make sense. No way he would burn those bridges when switching platforms. You don't let yourself get permabanned from the biggest streaming platform there is. Who knows if you need to come back at some point.

On the other hand you can definitely hear a "hands up lets go" at the end of his stream but there are no arrest records. I don't know, shit just doesn't make sense

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. If that was the move, would the reason be something that doesn't make him seem that terrible then? Something more mundane like a contract issue? Assuming he knows the reason anyway.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing How that last stream ended, this is 100% playing dumb.
Not really, no. You're inferring things that aren't necessarily there.

He could have been simply told he's being perma'd. That would explain his emotional change. The reason isn't necessary to you being upset. Example, if you were told a family member died, you'd be upset, right? You'd want to know why, but you'd be upset before you knew what happened.

The same is true for all the people saying he's trying to be clever with wording saying "they haven't told me yet," versus "I don't know." They're the same thing--not having been told is the same is not knowing. "Violating the Tos," for example, is not a clear reason that actually tells you anything of value. Twitch is known for that.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Dude just read the message on his phone that he got a permanent ban from Twitch and that's what his reaction was all about.

Reminds me of the pre-Nintendo Direct phase where everyone reads too much into anything and everything.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Not to be pedantic, but are you a lawyer yourself? The phrase "come from a family of lawyers" sounds funny to me because I don't know what that means for you.

My mother is a lawyer, my uncle is a lawyer, my aunt is a lawyer, my other aunt is a lawyer, my grandmother was a clerk, I studied law before the military. This is bullshit and is probably what his lawyer instructed him to say.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Have you been under a rock for the past week? Those are a few of the streamers accused of sexual harassment in the past week; the streamers listed in the tweet are streamers who admitted to what they did. That's why they were permanently banned.

No, you could say I've been doing the exact opposite of living under a rock - You'd have to be living under a rock to even hear about these names in the first place. That tweet I found in Knockout threads about this are literally the first time I've ever encountered those names.

The only time I've watched anything on Twitch in recent history was for a Valorant Closed-Beta key, otherwise Streamers in general are far outside my range of things I care about in my life.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, no. You're inferring things that aren't necessarily there.

He could have been simply told he's being perma'd. That would explain his emotional change. The reason isn't necessary to you being upset. Example, if you were told a family member died, you'd be upset, right? You'd want to know why, but you'd be upset before you knew what happened.

The same is true for all the people saying he's trying to be clever with wording saying "they haven't told me yet," versus "I don't know." They're the same thing--not having been told is the same is not knowing. "Violating the Tos," for example, is not a clear reason that actually tells you anything of value. Twitch is known for that.
He's Dr.Disrespect. He must have at least 12 Twitch contacts on his phone alone, how could he not know what's going on?

Oct 3, 2019
Oh please explain this bit of gossip

IIRC he started dating his ex gf Candace when she was 16, he being 24 and he would basically pimp her out to his friends. Also tried to hook up with a lot of said friends gf's behind their backs, including Oroboro.

Dreadedcone used to be one of my favorite streamers and it was genuinely shocking when that shit came out. He seemed like a good dude.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i don't have any dog in this fight but i thought this reply was pretty funny, both from the perspective of someone who can't imagine caring enough about a streamer to think this way as well as this not credible contention that drdisrepsect doesn't know why he's banned

Status
Not open for further replies.