• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I find that incredibly hard to believe. One of the biggest streamers on Twitch doesn't get permabanned without any direct communication from Twitch on why he's been banned.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking it was an accidental ban by Twitch but it doesn't take longer than 24 hours to fix.

They offered refunds for subscribers though? Is that just something automatic? I have a hard time believing there's not firewalls for this kind of stuff.

Not that I care about DrDisrespect coming back or not.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Twitch is under a microscope right now. It is entirely possible they are sending a message to all streamers. No one is safe.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking it was an accidental ban by Twitch but it doesn't take longer than 24 hours to fix.

would accidental bans result in sub refunds and emotes being removed?

"Innocent until proven guilty" and all, but the current process implies Twitch is done with him 100%, and they must've had justifiable reason for it.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Don't believe that for a fucking second. Take a look at the last few minutes of his last stream. He's his usual self, checks his phone, and then his entire demeanour changes in a microsecond.
Could be his agent saying "hey apparently the moment you end this stream Twitch is permanently banning you and we're still trying to find out why."

I get we like drama on this forum but not every shocking thing needs to implicate someone of some heinous shit.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Requested a title change but if he knows the reason and is just telling people 'twitch hasn't told me' that's pretty dumb lol.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like his lawyer wrote that, seems Familiar like how his wife's Instagram post was written, rather vague and not really saying much

Oct 25, 2017
Like someone said. It COULD be a buildup of everything and twitch just said "Fuck it, get rid of him"

But even that doesn't make sense.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Well, I think that eliminates the possibility of a platform move tbh. Him not announcing it/whatever company picked him up being so quiet are being quiet at the worst possible time.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I still say there is no specific reason. He got nuked for ALL the piled up infractions over his career, of which the past week + Method Drama made Twitch decide to cut their losses with him and other maverick streamers who were potential AdPocalypse risks.

He wasn't the only streamer to suddenly get permabanned with no public explanation this past week, just the most visible.

I dont trawl the twitch sphere but does this mean more are likely to come? Who are the more prominent types that could get the hammer if it comes down.

Like someone said. It COULD be a buildup of everything and twitch just said "Fuck it, get rid of him"

Yeah, their mo for this kind of stuff(infractions) does not make sense. They always deal with this stuff with kid gloves, why now the sudden turn.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I still say there is no specific reason. He got nuked for ALL the piled up infractions over his career, of which the past week + Method Drama made Twitch decide to cut their losses with him and other maverick streamers who were potential AdPocalypse risks.

He wasn't the only streamer to suddenly get permabanned with no public explanation this past week, just the most visible.

I don't know how big those streamers are but Doc is one of the biggest streamers on the platform, I don't think it's just accumulated infractions. Plus at least one person on your list has a sexual assault (?) allegation against them.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How did doc himself give an update and still leave everyone else not knowing a damn thing

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

Dude was a cash cow for Twitch. I doubt they'd have axed him without something concrete

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thread title is inaccurate. Those words are so carefully chosen and have clearly been thru a lawyer first. He does not claim he doesn't know why. He only claims Twitch hasn't said why. Sounds like he knows exactly why, but Twitch haven't said those words yet.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Utter nonsense. I come from a family of lawyers. They signed a legally binding contract with him, which means they'd be opening themselves up to some really bad litigation if they breached it. As with almost any contract there's likely a clause in there which specifies the conditions under which Twitch is legally allowed to sever the contract. Those conditions are probably extremely dire.

This is theater.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Holyshit as a fan of Soulbrandt I was wondering recently what happened to DreadedCone. YIKES.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitch should just say something but not go into specifics, if Dr wants to make people believe that he got banned for nothing, Twitch might as well let people hear the truth from them.

No way he would wait a whole day from saying anything if he actually thought twitch fucked up somehow.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's weird. If twitch was protecting his privacy that's not a statement he'd make. Though if he was permabanned without knowing why I'd figure he'd throw much more of a ruckus

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

didn't all of these streamers have sexual assault allegations

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This is a carefully crafted statement where every words are carefully chosen to mean one thing but to allow people to think another, and overall a statement that says nothing about anything and doesn't help in the slightest to parse what happened and is still happening between Twitch and Dr. Disrespect.
Honestly a pretty frustrating update if you ask me.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018

I can't imagine that would be allowable under the contract he just signed not that long ago. If so, Twitch would owe him a ton of cash. Can't see twitch going this route either because a large portion of the top streamers would be toast if it was retroactively based on previous infractions.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This is a carefully crafted statement where every words are carefully chosen to mean one thing but to allow people to think another, and overall a statement that says nothing about anything and doesn't help in the slightest to parse what happened and is still happening between Twitch and Dr. Disrespect.
Will be particularly dumb if the reason ends up being insanely egregious and obvious. "They never told me the reason I was being honest!!"

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Utter nonsense. I come from a family of lawyers. They signed a legally binding contract with him, which means they'd be opening themselves up to some really bad litigation if they breached it. As with almost any contract there's likely a clause in there which specifies the conditions under which Twitch is legally allowed to sever the contract. Those conditions are probably extremely dire.

This is theater.
I assume that what he really means is that they won't give him the exact information he wants.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Twitch, if you want to stop looking like bumblefucks when it comes to moderating your platform, just actually get this story out there.

I'm not even going to bat for Dr Disrespect here, he's an asshole... But this lack of transparency is real stupid and still isn't setting a great example of anything as far as Twitch enforcement goes. What the fuck is the hold up.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
C97FE4947CBBC92AE4ECAD2E8D95FA856713C61E

The confusion won't wind down anytime soon, lol

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

This is theater.
Not to be pedantic, but are you a lawyer yourself? The phrase "come from a family of lawyers" sounds funny to me because I don't know what that means for you.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Exactly this.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in my experience a firm handshake gets you at least entries into giveaways, a web browser, and winamp skins.

this is big

Status
Not open for further replies.