• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my friends in high school was expelled for taking a video in the public washroom, so I'm not surprised or upset with his ban.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
I would take this post more seriously if you didn't have an alleged rapist in your avatar. And no Doc isn't the victim. Stop making him out to be one.

This a picture of an incredibly special moment for my country, the greatest sports achivement for Portugal. The moment where they lift the trophy. Just so happens that Ronaldo was the captain and the one to first lift the trophy, and it also shows all the other players.

Are the people who watch and interact with his stream also "just playing characters"?

Are the people he filmed in the bathroom playing characters?

This is an absurd defense that hand-waives how he's actually impacted other people.

Its not a defense, and I'm sorry if it was interpreted that way. Even more since if you read my whole post you would see I agree with a perma ban. But I can't agree with pilling on him, referencing the cheating and saying that he is an absolute POS when he plays a character. Of course the character is created by him, but people who know him would say that he is not the asshole DrDisrespect is. My post was to offer some kind of nuance for the person behind that whole costume. I know what he did is very serious and he should be punished.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Unfortuntely, his ban will be lifted eventually then he will have a "returning back" stream and make RIDICULOUS money, and break records like last time.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Uh I mean theres a lot of black people in the world, and they don't all have the same accents, or speak the same language. Not saying it cant have racist intents behind it. Just that its not inherently linked to race all the time.
...Do you not think that ignoring the cultural of diversity of black to claim they all sound the same because they're black is inherently linked to race? Like, it's straight up more linked to the concept of race than the other way.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Like i said i dont know anything else about the situation, i was just saying calling some one a POS for cheating isnt fair especially if you dont know whats going on in their relationship.

Now invading someones privacy is a whole other thing. The right there is a no no.

Yeah people really need to stop with the cheating jokes. The dude was clearly remorseful over that and it just brings others into the situation that had nothing to do with this latest incident. The Lewinsky scandal really warped people's social etiquette when it comes to infidelity.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah people really need to stop with the cheating jokes.
I have no idea how that got mixed into this. Maybe it is just the pile-on effect, but that is unrelated to this dumb move.

Granted, that itself is just sad but how that is related to Dr. Disrespect walking into a public washroom, purposely might I add, during a IRL live-stream is beyond me.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been an official statement from DrDisrespect?

Didn't this guy cheat on his wife too?

Deleted member 21186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Dr Disrespect is brilliant and the character he plays is funny, I hope it's just a short term ban. The people in this thread having a go at the cheating on his wife etc. are no better a person than they are accusing him of being.
Maybe I am in the wrong place for this sort of opinion however

M_A_C

Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory False Equivalence; Account in Junior Phase
I think Dr Disrespect is brilliant and the character he plays is funny, I hope it's just a short term ban. The people in this thread having a go at the cheating on his wife etc. are no better a person than they are accusing him of being.
I agree 100%

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
yes everyone here has cheated on their wife or anything even remotely equivalent

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So calling someone who cheated on his wife, a cheat. Speaks in a racist Chinese accent, racist. Walks into public toilets with 60K people watching him 4 times, a moron and plays a "character" (it might have started like that, but well evidence point's to it being how he is) who is a PoS asshole every day, a piece of shit, makes you a pos, asshole, racist, who cheated on their wife and walked into a public toilet 4 times?

Last edited:

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

I am absolutely shocked that someone who previously trolled a thread about CDPR's transphobic jokes would think a racist is a brilliant person.

Deleted member 21186

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing Racism and Trolling Over Multiple Posts; Previous Severe Infraction; Account in Junior Phase
I am absolutely shocked that someone who previously trolled a thread about CDPR's transphobic jokes would think a racist is a brilliant person.

I like his character, I don't know what he's like as a person. So because he done the whole accent thing he's racist? He hates a whole race of people? Madness.
That was not trolling that was my opinion

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I like his character, I don't know what he's like as a person. So because he done the whole accent thing he's racist? He hates a whole race of people? Madness.
That was not trolling that was my opinion

The whole "accent thing" is a method of mocking how minorities and how people different than you talk. In this case, it is especially racist because he is mocking in a way that has been traditionally be used to make fun of how Chinese people speak.

I don't know why I'm bothering to educate you since you'll be banned soon, but hopefully you learn something from the people trying to tell you why it was racist.

Deleted member 21186

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The whole "accent thing" is a method of mocking how minorities and how people different than you talk. In this case, it is especially racist because he is mocking in a way that has been traditionally be used to make fun of how Chinese people speak.

I don't know why I'm bothering to educate you since you'll be banned soon, but hopefully you learn something from the people trying to tell you why it was racist.

I've seen his explanation and I'm confident that he as a person is not racist.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Hahaha. Why is the go-to Streamer Defense always "OH YEAH? WELL, I BET YOU'RE NO ANGEL, EITHER!"

ProTip: If you think cheating on your spouse, being very publicly racist, and streaming a public washroom and everyone in it (potentially including a minor) four separate times, violating California state law, is the baseline, have I got news for you.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've seen his explanation and I'm confident that he as a person is not racist.

That's a pretty low bar for considering someone "brilliant". The guy has had multiple "second chances" and continues to prove he is a piece of shit (like a lot of streamers, tbf)...and yet you think he is "brilliant". Maybe just sit back and think on it for a while and you might get why people are calling you out on this.

Oct 28, 2017
What if they actually didn't cheat on their wives?

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing Racism

I also do not believe him to be a racist based on his "Doc-anese" accent.

I think it's in poor taste and insensitive and something that is no longer acceptable. I equate it to how people, when I was growing up, would said durrrr and imitate handicapped people. That's just not cool and very unacceptable now. But I don't believe he is a racist because of that specific example.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Im not racist the character is racist!!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's in poor taste and insensitive and something that is no longer acceptable. I equate it to how people, when I was growing up, would said durrrr and imitate handicapped people. That's just not cool and very unacceptable now. But I don't believe he is a racist because of that specific example.
Hmmm... And I wonder why those things are no longer acceptable these days

It's because they're racist....

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

You people will go through hoops to defend this guy. Unbelievable.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

Hint: If someone does racist things, that person is probably racist. It's not hard.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Hmmm... And I wonder why those things are no longer acceptable these days

It's because they're racist....

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

His accent is insensitive and not funny and immature. I do not find it to be any of the above.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
8ubGFLt.gif

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

His accent is insensitive and not funny and immature. I do not find it to be any of the above.

Did you just play yourself?

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
You people will go through hoops to defend this guy. Unbelievable.
Reminds me a lot of people, myself included, that refused to believe that famous athletes like Sammy Sosa, Jordan, or Farve were complete assholes in person even though we had people like Barkley and Jose Conseco as glaring evidence that the days of "idols" are dead and gone

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Erm, it's not just an "accent". Sure, he makes racist sounds, but he also clearly specifies that he's doing it in response to people he perceives to be Chinese.

How does he identify people as Chinese? "Bad driving", in one instance.

He also clearly bemoans the presence of Chinese people in the game, and expresses desire that they be removed.

But nah, "he was speaking Doc-anese". You fell for an excuse a six-year-old would come up with, dude.