• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Couple of things. DrDisrespect is a character. That whole personality is not the guy himself.

The chinese accent is not ok and he hasn't done it at least for a couple of years. I would say if he kept doing it he would have been banned long ago.

I did not watch the stream but it seems he told the camera man several times to not follow him and to go film the convention outside. I would say it was hard for him to detach from the character while doing this and was not assertive has he should have been. Still its illegal and his responsability, but it is far from "he went to the bathroom to film a child peeing like a fucking pervert".

I agree it should be a perma-ban from Twitch. But for him to be jailed or suffer enormous damages for this I can't agree. He is a father of a little girl, I don't see how that would be good for anyone.

Finally, bringing up that he cheated on his wife really shows how petty and holier than thou some people can be. The fucking guy came to a stream crying and saying he was going to work on his family life, which he did. His wife is still with him and they seem happy and she actively works on stream related stuff as well. Seems more pilling on than anything else.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nope, seen it myself on clips of his streams. Another poster on here mentioned it too.

It's quite a leap from "person complains because they're bored of their job" to "person is an imminent suicide risk who knowingly commits a crime to have an excuse to stop doing it."

Especially because absolutely none of that comes across in the bathroom footage in question.

And chinese isnt really a language, theres mandarin cantonese, hakka etc.. Language isnt race. Theres plenty of white people born in china who speak mandarin etc. Is it racist to mock the way they speak?

I'm sure Dr. Disrespect was always very clear to establish that "actually, anyone can speak Mandarin" before making a bunch of ching chong noises.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
You are literally saying over 3 million people know he made those videos making fun of asians. You really dont think most of these people are casual viewers or people that subscribe and barely watch him?
Any controversy like that when it happens either on twitch or youtube usually follows with thousands or miliions or people unsibscribing. These are people who had no idea that person was racist or homophobic or a general POS and after learning it, they dont follow them anymore. I judge the people who know and defend these terrible actions, but I am unwilling to group 3 million people together in one box without context.

I am glad he is out of twitch. I hope its permanent. But I agree with the sentiment that it will be temporary, unfortunatey he will be back in some form or another.

I don't see ignorance as an excuse no. If I'm a big fan of someone I generally learn more about them. A quick internet search would do the trick.

Oct 30, 2017
Wat?
So if me, out of malicous intent, mock how I perceive black people talk or how I perceive Aborigines talk, its not racist, because "language isnt a race"?

Uh I mean theres a lot of black people in the world, and they don't all have the same accents, or speak the same language. Not saying it cant have racist intents behind it. Just that its not inherently linked to race all the time.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
And chinese isnt really a language, theres mandarin cantonese, hakka etc.. Language isnt race. Theres plenty of white people born in china who speak mandarin etc. Is it racist to mock the way they speak?

You think mocking how a language is spoken isn't going to be perceived as racist? And i am sure when someone makes sounds immitating chinese or another similar asian laguage they are thinking of white people speaking it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
How are we banning people in this thread who rationalize racial stereotypes and NOT banning people who are stereotyping viewers of any particular streamer?
I'm just going to let this ridiculous sentence speak for itself.

Yeah. Drink THAT nonsense in. Let it marinate in your head for a second.

The utter lack of any sense of perspective is almost breathtaking.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people here are super easy and early on calling all kinds of people a POS.
Moderation seems to be totally fine with that toxic behavior. I don't know why.

Calling pieces of shit like DrDisrespect a piece of shit is fine. He is one. He creates toxicity with his attitude. Why aren't you calling him out?

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Couple of things. DrDisrespect is a character. That whole personality is not the guy himself.

The chinese accent is not ok and he hasn't done it at least for a couple of years. I would say if he kept doing it he would have been banned long ago.

I did not watch the stream but it seems he told the camera man several times to not follow him and to go film the convention outside. I would say it was hard for him to detach from the character while doing this and was not assertive has he should have been. Still its illegal and his responsability, but it is far from "he went to the bathroom to film a child peeing like a fucking pervert".

I agree it should be a perma-ban from Twitch. But for him to be jailed or suffer enormous damages for this I can't agree. He is a father of a little girl, I don't see how that would be good for anyone.

Finally, bringing up that he cheated on his wife really shows how petty and holier than thou some people can be. The fucking guy came to a stream crying and saying he was going to work on his family life, which he did. His wife is still with him and they seem happy and she actively works on stream related stuff as well. Seems more pilling on than anything else.
Cool i can break the law as long as i have a child

Oct 30, 2017
You think mocking how a language is spoken isn't going to be perceived as racist? And i am sure when someone makes sounds immitating chinese or another similar asian laguage they are thinking of white people speaking it.

It definitely could be perceived that way. Thats why I said someone doing it around people they dont know makes them an asshole. If they are joking around with friends it may be perceived a different way.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I would take this post more seriously if you didn't have an alleged rapist in your avatar. And no Doc isn't the victim. Stop making him out to be one.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Some people here are super easy and early on calling all kinds of people a POS.
Moderation seems to be totally fine with that toxic behavior.
A reminder that this dude cheated on his wife and is generally a really toxic person who normalizes toxicity. I seriously wonder what the metric for POS is for some people here?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I don't see ignorance as an excuse no. If I'm a big fan of someone I generally learn more about them. A quick internet search would do the trick.
Cool, idealy everyone should do that. most dont, so I judge based on the information I have and not assumptions. When someone defends this POS thats information. So I judge then.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Uh I mean theres a lot of black people in the world, and they don't all have the same accents, or speak the same language. Not saying it cant have racist intents behind it. Just that its not inherently linked to race all the time.

Im pretty sure if I mock how I perceive how African Americans speak, it would be seen as racist by most of them.

I dont watch dr. disrespect or any streaming. I wasnt responding to him directly but to a comment someone was making in general about making fun of accents.

Its not just an accent. He mocked the whole language in a "ching chang chong" fashion...

Besides that whole debate: I wonder if the people defending him and his cameraman going into a public restroom to be filmed would be okay if he would just go into their house when they take a shit or pee as a "fun prank" for thousands and ten thousands of viewers to see.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Reinforcing Harmful Stereotypes
It's quite a leap from "person complains because they're bored of their job" to "person is an imminent suicide risk who knowingly commits a crime to have an excuse to stop doing it."

Especially because absolutely none of that comes across in the bathroom footage in question.

I'm sure Dr. Disrespect was always very clear to establish that "actually, anyone can speak Mandarin" before making a bunch of ching chong noises.

I wasnt implying he was at risk. I was saying that no one here will consider the possibilities of mental health issues until something more serious and stereotypical behaviour of suffers is reported.

I'm not defending him, I'm not telling anyone what happened, I simply wanted to bring another perspective to a discussion with everyone stuck on repeat. I've seen the man discuss burnout on his channel, feeling tired of it, and needing time away from it. Maybe its nothing, or maybe it's something. These same types of comments from people in every day life have lead to problematic events. Sometimes it's nothing, but sometimes it's something...

I've witnessed multiple behaviors from a streamer that made me question his mental health. I brought it up to share, and people decided what they wanted to take from it. Majority took it as just excusing his actions. But it was never my intent.

I've seen a lot of people in my life with mental health issues. Self destructive behavior is pretty common. Considering his life as a streamer, the stress of protecting his family (house being shot up) and the repetition and boredom of such a job isn't hard to think maybe he finally just had enough and made bad choices in an attempt to get out. Again, to be clear, I'm not saying this is fact. I'm just sharing a perspective to think about.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wasnt implying he was at risk. I was saying that no one here will consider the possibilities of mental health issues until something more serious and stereotypical behaviour of suffers is reported.

I'm not defending him, I'm not telling anyone what happened, I simply wanted to bring another perspective to a discussion with everyone stuck on repeat. I've seen the man discuss burnout on his channel, feeling tired of it, and needing time away from it. Maybe its nothing, or maybe it's something. These same types of comments from people in every day life have lead to problematic events. Sometimes it's nothing, but sometimes it's something...

I've witnessed multiple behaviors from a streamer that made me question his mental health. I brought it up to share, and people decided what they wanted to take from it. Majority took it as just excusing his actions. But it was never my intent.

I've seen a lot of people in my life with mental health issues. Self destructive behavior is pretty common. Considering his life as a streamer, the stress of protecting his family (house being shot up) and the repetition and boredom of such a job isn't hard to think maybe he finally just had enough and made bad choices in an attempt to get out. Again, to be clear, I'm not saying this is fact. I'm just sharing a perspective to think about.

"I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just relaying the elaborate headcanon I've devised to rationalize his admittedly dumb, illegal act!"

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just relaying the elaborate headcanon I've devised to rationalize his admittedly dumb, illegal act!"

"you really have to excuse him, his mental health is such that he doesn't know that recording people in restrooms is not allowed"

Its crazy the takes we are seeing in this thread, to defend Z-list internet celebrities.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart

Don't fucking diagnose strangers over the internet. "Maybe he has mental health issues?" is really fucking insulting to those of us with actual mental health issues.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
A reminder that this dude cheated on his wife and is generally a really toxic person who normalizes toxicity. I seriously wonder what the metric for POS is for some people here?

Because he cheated on his wife makes him a POS? We are not in these people lives 24/7 to know whats going on.
This guy plays a character, you guys have to understand that. Now anything else i dont know anything of.

JoyFreak

Banned
Apr 10, 2019
UK
Wow. I thought it would have been a totally different reason but I did not expect that. Imagine getting banned for going into a toilet Gaming Forums

Last edited:

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Violating people's privacy is part of his character?
Like i said i dont know anything else about the situation, i was just saying calling some one a POS for cheating isnt fair especially if you dont know whats going on in their relationship.

Now invading someones privacy is a whole other thing. The right there is a no no.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Like i said i dont know anything else about the situation, i was just saying calling some one a POS for cheating isnt fair especially if you dont know whats going on in their relationship.

Now invading someones privacy is a whole other thing. The right there is a no no.

So you posted in a 22 page, thread about DrDisrespect getting banned from invading the privacy of people at the restrooms of e3, without reading or knowing anything about what happened.

Just to defend his honor at not being called a POS?

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
So you posted in a 22 page, thread about DrDisrespect getting banned from invading the privacy of people at the restrooms of e3, without reading or knowing anything about what happened.

Just to defend his honor at not being called a POS?

I heard about the situation, but I thought that was by accident because his camera man came in. If he intended on doing that, then yea i can see why someone would call him a POS. If he purposely went in there doing that to have people on camera then yes thats a POS

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Did disrespect say anything/comment on the incident yet?
His lawyers right now:

giphy.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found him generally inoffensive, but I only caught his stream a few times and was not privy to some of the shenanigans mentioned in this thread. Unfortunate for him, but his loss will be others gain.

He'll be back and will get $50k in donos on his first day back.

Twitch won't perma one of their biggest celebrities.

I have nothing to say about DrDisRespect since I'm not a regular viewer, but what kind of lapse in common sense allows you to think that filming in a public restroom is a good idea? Is he insane?

I suspect he wanted to be banned and is possibly losing his mind or something

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao, yeah I figured he was on lockdown. Just the lack of response is interesting - most of the time these fools comment and get a meltdown. Was hoping for some drama lol

He's older than most of the streamers on the platform. Even if he wasn't aware enough to realize filming a bathroom is illegal, he's probably aware enough to lawyer up when his career is at stake.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This DrDisrepsect guy... Seems like a jerk, gaming doesn't need him.

How is this 22 page thread? This guy really have a defense force?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
He'll be back and will get $50k in donos on his first day back.

Twitch won't perma one of their biggest celebrities.

I have nothing to say about DrDisRespect since I'm not a regular viewer, but what kind of lapse in common sense allows you to think that filming in a public restroom is a good idea? Is he insane?

I suspect he wanted to be banned and is possibly losing his mind or something
while you might be right, the illegal activity that was filmed is certainly no laughing matter. I don't expect a slap on the wrist here. And that downtime will be someone else's gain. It's not like people won't tune into Twitch; they'll go to someone else's channel.

Deleted member 19996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure he will be back and his fan base will shower him with money. If that happens, I'm done with Twitch. All money, no morals.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Havent seen any vid. But did he film himself of was someone else filming him? If so the person who filmed is in most trouble right?