• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's plenty of laws broken around mental health issues and the lapses of judgment that go along with it.

I'm just trying to bring a different perspective to what could possibly have been a growing issue for him.

Do you watch his streams? Or are you just here to talk out of your ass about someone you don't know?

It really really bothers me when people think they know people because they watch their streams. In this case it's even worse because he self admits to playing a character on his stream!

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
That comment was dumb, yes, but it's also true that DrDisrespect hates what he does and is burned out from streaming, you can find in multiple streams where he clearly shows that he miss his old job of multiplayer level designer, so i think this ban may help him somehow.

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine a take so hot it makes absolute zero look like a Florida swamp in July.

Doc's brand of "shock jock" streaming isn't long for this world and the fewer people learn from his example the better.

You obviously don't watch him, if you consider what I'm saying improbable.

Burnout, and mental health are real things that lead to these types of situations.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I'll remember the next time I do something shitty to say I'm burnt out so strangers on the internet will come to my rescue.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Let us hope it's permanent.
Most likely won't be, he's too big on that platform, I guess they will lift the ban once some dust has settled.

That said, it's beyond stupidity do live stream in that kind of way, he isn't even allowed to film anyone without their consent and filming a public toilet is completely out of the picture, that guy has no tact.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure he did this on purpose to get off Twitch for a while. He's been burning out, and he's also talked about needing 6 months to just rest.

Amazing plan Doc, hope you enjoy the family time.

I could really use a break from this thread, brb filming a minor in a bathroom. What could go wrong!

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
DrDisrespect hates what he does and is burned out from streaming, you can find in multiple streams where he clearly shows that he miss his old job of multiplayer level designer, so i think this ban may help him somehow.
Yeah, so do millions of people working their 9 to 5 jobs, do you see them live streaming from public toilets? That idiot should just take a break, but I guess all the $$$ he would miss out on from children using their parents prime membership is just too much to bear?

Oct 30, 2017
I'll remember the next time I do something shitty to say I'm burnt out so strangers on the internet will come to my rescue.

Look, I'm just trying to bring another perspective. You all do a good enough job shitting on people here at Era. So that's perspective is more than taken care of.

He's not using it as an excuse. We haven't even heard from him since the issue, as far as I know. And most people that have lapses of judgment due to mental health, yes, including burnout aren't running around proclaiming it was the mental illness.

Whether mental health is a factor or not, I have no clue. I'm just saying based off his streams where he's miserable as fuck, talking about how hes feeling towards streaming, the boredom, missing the old work he did and now this stuff he pulled, sounds like mental health.

But you all want to laugh at the idea that someone could be suffering. Doesn't excuse what he did, but it never does for anyone that suffers and makes bad choices. But usually you all have more sympathy for those people as long as their not in the spotlight. Maybe it would take suicide for you all to realize the desperation of some people's actions.

However, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Just trying to throw this out there for people to chew on. Take what you want from it.

Last edited:

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so do millions of people working their 9 to 5 jobs, do you see them live streaming from public toilets? That idiot should just take a break, but I guess all the $$$ he would miss out on from children using their parents prime membership is just too much to bear?

I'm really positive that my comment doesn't endorse any of his actions, i'm just stating a fact.

Oct 30, 2017
Nah. Pretty sure that committing a real-world crime in order to take some time off from your very lucrative, relatively low-effort job (that you apparently can't otherwise just.. stop doing?) is pretty dumb.

I clarified that in another post. I didn't mean the actual law breaking, I meant the plan to get off twitch for a bit. So that was my bad.

People do desperate things in crisis. Doesn't excuse it, but people should consider it an issue that's happened.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
User banned (5 days): misrepresenting people’s arguments, modwhining, accumulated infractions
What has he done that is racist? Is it his mocking chinese accent fiasco? Is that why you are dubbing him a racist?

You make it sound like it was notorious- he went to the toilet and joked about his security peeing. Really silly on his part no doubt but far from shocking in the manner in which you are depicting. Certainly not enough to call him a disgusting piece of shit etc in my opinion. Would any of you actually say that to his face?

Why is that relevant?
Some people here are super easy and early on calling all kinds of people a POS.
Moderation seems to be totally fine with that toxic behavior. I don't know why.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You obviously don't watch him, if you consider what I'm saying improbable.

Burnout, and mental health are real things that lead to these types of situations.

I've watched Doc plenty. I don't think the average person deals with the issues you're mentioning by propagating racist stereotypes and committing felonies.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Could you give a few examples of this?

Anyone in this thread making statements about viewers of DrDisrespect being pathetic losers, despicable, needing to find something better to do with their time or assuming they are children, is stereotyping viewers of a particular stream. The examples are on every single page of this thread.

I think it's awfully hypocritical to stereotype twitch viewers as a particular type of person while also attacking posters in this thread for rationalizing racism or defending DrDisrespect. I'm just commenting on a pattern I see a lot in threads like these where the ban hammer comes down on individuals making questionable comments about what is or isn't racist but the ban hammer doesn't come down on people posting non-racial based stereotypes about a particular group of people.

I don't think it's wrong or misguided to say something like "I hope the Twitch ban is permanent" in this case because, hey, that's your opinion. But I do think it's wrong for people to say that DrDisrespect's viewers are human trash.

Oct 25, 2017
This thread keeps delivering. The show of support logic pretzels are Escheresque. Keep on contorting beyond the legally allowed limits.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Anyone in this thread making statements about viewers of DrDisrespect being pathetic losers, despicable, needing to find something better to do with their time or assuming they are children, is stereotyping viewers of a particular stream. The examples are on every single page of this thread.

I think it's awfully hypocritical to stereotype twitch viewers as a particular type of person while also attacking posters in this thread for rationalizing racism or defending DrDisrespect. I'm just commenting on a pattern I see a lot in threads like these where the ban hammer comes down on individuals making questionable comments about what is or isn't racist but the ban hammer doesn't come down on people posting non-racial based stereotypes about a particular group of people.

I don't think it's wrong or misguided to say something like "I hope the Twitch ban is permanent" in this case because, hey, that's your opinion. But I do think it's wrong for people to say that DrDisrespect's viewers are human trash.

Saying something negative about people who choose to watch a racist streamer is not the same thing as defending a racist streamer.

You should rethink how you are looking at this situation.

I would still like multiple examples of what you're referring to, by the way.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Dr disrespect's viewers are not a monolith, so grouping them and criticizing them as a whole is juvenile. But the viewers who excuse what he did by any specific reasons, hes playing 4dchess with twitch, there wasnt a minor, etc, these are the subgroup within his viewership who deserves criticism, as they either dont get the point or are choosing to ignore it because they lost (temporarely it seems unfortunately) their favorite guy who streams games.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
You might want to ask his cameraman about that:

mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY

I'm not normalising anything, particularly as an asian myself.

I know you are already banned but seriously you need to take a step back and listen to what you are saying. My wife is asian and my kids are half asian and I can assure you that they would not be OK with this even if the hired cameraman is OK with the things his employer is saying.

What this man does is disgusting and the fact that his audience contains many impressionable kids who might in turn harass MY kids with the "ching chong" fake accent makes it doubly disgusting. You may not be offended by him but I am. And I will tell you as the father of 4, if it had been me and my son in that bathroom a ban from Twitch would be the least of his worries. If your ban in not permanent and you do return here, please take a moment to consider the feelings of other people before posting.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Some people here are super easy and early on calling all kinds of people a POS.
Moderation seems to be totally fine with that toxic behavior. I don't know why.

-Imitating chinese accent and chinese "ching chong" speech
-Cheating on his wife
-Filming a minor in a bathroom as a IRL "prank" (even without being a minor you dont just go to a toilet where people are taking a piss)

Not a POS.

People calling a streamer out and might call him "bad names": The real toxic ones.

Last edited:

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
That comment was dumb, yes, but it's also true that DrDisrespect hates what he does and is burned out from streaming, you can find in multiple streams where he clearly shows that he miss his old job of multiplayer level designer, so i think this ban may help him somehow.

He hates streaming on twitch and playing the games he's playing. He doesn't hate streaming. If he missed being a level designer, he'd go back to it. Plenty of studios would hire him.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Dr disrespect's viewers are not a monolith, so grouping them and criticizing them as a whole is juvenile. But the viewers who excuse what he did by any specific reasons, hes playing 4dchess with twitch, there wasnt a minor, etc, these are the subgroup within his viewership who deserves criticism, as they either dont get the point or are choosing to ignore it because they lost (temporarely it seems unfortunately) their favorite guy who streams games.

So his viewers that don't defend him are ok? they are still ok watching a casual racist and I feel no need to separate them into sub groups due to this fact.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
-Imitating chinese accent and chinese "ching chong" speech
-Cheating on his wife
-Filming a minor in a bathroom as a IRL "prank" (even without being a minor you dont just go to a toilet where people are taking a piss)

Not a POS.

People calling a streamer out and might call him "bad names": The real toxic ones.

bedtime-i-sleep-morni1dk2s.png

Using this Shaq meme may not be the best idea....lol. He is notorious for doing offensive voices.

Also, what a dumbass. His streams are entertaining, but cmon man. Also, I thought he went in the bathroom to film a minor based on some of these posts. I am glad it wasn't that, still a big fuck up.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
He hates streaming on twitch and playing the games he's playing. He doesn't hate streaming. If he missed being a level designer, he'd go back to it. Plenty of studios would hire him.

Would they though? They guy is a millionaire who probably doesn't need to work, and he's also a somewhat famous person. I mean I guess there might be a place that would take a chance. But I see companies being hesitant.

Oct 30, 2017
Why should I ask his cameraman about that? Because he is asian or you are asian?

I could ask my wife, who is Chinese how she thinks people mocking it. She hates it. I can ask her parents how they feel when people mocking the language? My wifes friends. They all hate that. They hate if people make fun of their accent when they travelled in europe.
And they certainly would hate it if a streamer with such a huge outreach does "ching chang chong" jokes.
"But my black friend said its okay when a white person says the n-word."
I make fun of my canadian cousins accents all the time. And they make fun of how I say bagel among other words. Race has nothing to do with it for us, so I dont know how it would automatically indicate racism. Doing it around people you dont know would certainly make you an asshole however.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I make fun of my canadian cousins accents all the time. And they make fun of how I say bagel among other words. Race has nothing to do with it for us, so I dont know how it would automatically indicate racism.

Making fun of how you say the word "bagel" is not the same thing as what he has done on Twitch multiple times.

How are you people typing these ridiculous false equivalences and not immediately hitting the backspace button?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Look, I'm just trying to bring another perspective. You all do a good enough job shitting on people here at Era. So that's perspective is more than taken care of.

I love how anytime someone posting on Era disagrees with someone on Era, or a group of people on Era, this somehow makes them not part of Era.

He's not using it as an excuse. We haven't even heard from him since the issue, as far as I know. And most people that have lapses of judgment due to mental health, yes, including burnout aren't running around proclaiming it was the mental illness.

You sure seem weirdly dead-set on using it as an excuse, though.
  • A guy who "plays a character" that is themed around "disrespect" thinks livestreaming from a public washroom is entertaining and doesn't consider other people or the ramifications of his actions.
  • An anguished man, tortured by his inability to escape his success, discovers that filming people in bathrooms is illegal in California. He then concocts a plan to go to E3 specifically to stream from the washrooms, saving himself from the job he doesn't want to do anymore.
Which is more likely?

Whether mental health is a factor or not, I have no clue. I'm just saying based off his streams where he's miserable as fuck, talking about how hes feeling towards streaming, the boredom, missing the old work he did and now this stuff he pulled, sounds like mental health.

This sounds like stuff you're pulling out of your butt in a tortured effort to excuse the guy.

But you all want to laugh at the idea that someone could be suffering. Doesn't excuse what he did, but it never does for anyone that suffers and makes bad choices. But usually you all have more sympathy for those people as long as their not in the spotlight. Maybe it would take suicide for you all to realize the desperation of some people's actions.

I'm all for mental health, but I have much less sympathy for millionaires who can easily voluntarily escape their situation at any time.

Also, total class on your part for just weirdly invoking suicide.

The dude did some comedy bits from a bathroom. This isn't some Machiavellian cry for help.

However, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Just trying to throw this out there for people to chew on. Take what you want from it.

That wasn't even chewy. It was just Jello.

Oct 30, 2017
If he hates streaming then quit. Refund the remaining subs and move on with your life. The guy is rich beyond his means, would likely never have to work another day in his life again, but people are in here justifying his behaviors as if he's some tortured artistic soul.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely won't be, he's too big on that platform, I guess they will lift the ban once some dust has settled.

That said, it's beyond stupidity do live stream in that kind of way, he isn't even allowed to film anyone without their consent and filming a public toilet is completely out of the picture, that guy has no tact.

He is in the top 5 (probably top 3) of Twitch's earners. He could hump a corpse while yelling racial slurs and it still wouldn't be a perma ban. Rules are different for these guys.

And if you think that is depressing, here is some else. When he comes back, he is gonna make crazy bank in the first stream he does. Like insane numbers. Guaranteed.

Entirety of Twitch decision making management and a large chunk of the watching population are absolute garbage.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing racist behavior with inflammatory false equivalencies over over multiple posts in this thread; previous severe infractions
I mean...it shouldn't. Canadian isn't a race.
And chinese isnt really a language, theres mandarin cantonese, hakka etc.. Language isnt race. Theres plenty of white people born in china who speak mandarin etc. Is it racist to mock the way they speak?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
So his viewers that don't defend him are ok? they are still ok watching a casual racist and I feel no need to separate them into sub groups due to this fact.
You are literally saying over 3 million people know he made those videos making fun of asians. You really dont think most of these people are casual viewers or people that subscribe and barely watch him?
Any controversy like that when it happens either on twitch or youtube usually follows with thousands or miliions or people unsibscribing. These are people who had no idea that person was racist or homophobic or a general POS and after learning it, they dont follow them anymore. I judge the people who know and defend these terrible actions, but I am unwilling to group 3 million people together in one box without context.

I am glad he is out of twitch. I hope its permanent. But I agree with the sentiment that it will be temporary, unfortunatey he will be back in some form or another.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
And chinese isnt really a language, theres mandarin cantonese, hakka etc.. Language isnt race. Theres plenty of white people born in china who speak mandarin etc. Is it racist to mock the way they speak?

Wat?
So if me, out of malicous intent, mock how I perceive black people talk or how I perceive Aborigines talk, its not racist, because "language isnt a race"?