• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
It sounds like a poorly thought out publicity stunt and I'm glad that Twitch wasn't going to tolerate it.

Dangerous things come about from allowing people to do whatever they want to do for the sake of "entertainment".

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Downplaying racism. History of infractions relating to racism.
Your "most entertaining" streamer is a racist who thinks it's a good idea to film people (and children!) in the bathroom. Think about that for a minute or two.

What has he done that is racist? Is it his mocking chinese accent fiasco? Is that why you are dubbing him a racist?

You make it sound like it was notorious- he went to the toilet and joked about his security peeing. Really silly on his part no doubt but far from shocking in the manner in which you are depicting. Certainly not enough to call him a disgusting piece of shit etc in my opinion. Would any of you actually say that to his face?

Why is that relevant?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What has he done that is racist? Is it his mocking chinese accent fiasco? Is that why you are dubbing him a racist?

Yes, the racist thing he did multiple times is what makes him racist.

This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Why is that relevant?

Because you came into a thread about a man being being banned from Twitch for filming a minor in a bathroom specifically to say, "I hope he's back on Twitch soon!"

I feel like you would need to be one of his very young fans for that to be the first thing you think of.

Laconik

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

You make it sound like it was notorious- he went to the toilet and joked about his security peeing. Really silly on his part no doubt but far from shocking in the manner in which you are depicting. Certainly not enough to call him a disgusting piece of shit etc in my opinion. Would any of you actually say that to his face?
Yes I would say it to his face. How old are you?

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the racist thing he did multiple times is what makes him racist.

This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Because you came into a thread about a man being being banned from Twitch for filming a minor in a bathroom specifically to say, "I hope he's back on Twitch soon!"

I feel like you would need to be one of his very young fans for that to be the first thing you think of.

Asking me how old I am with a view to discredit me instead of my argument isn't exactly the best way to conduct any discussion is it? Perhaps I should be asking you how old you are?

As for him getting banned- we can all agree it was silly but its certainly nothing nefarious or done with that kind of intention. It was silly for him to do that but far from the kind of narrative people are drumming up in my opinion. And the way people are reacting, especially you, says a lot about that.

Anyway- I do find his streams entertaining, the few times that I do watch it.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Asking me how old I am with a view to discredit me instead of my argument isn't exactly the best way to conduct any discussion is it? Perhaps I should be asking you how old you are?

As for him getting banned- we can all agree it was silly but its certainly nothing nefarious or done with that kind of intention. It was silly for him to do that but far from the kind of narrative people are drumming up in my opinion. And the way people are reacting, especially you, says a lot about that.

Anyway- I do find his streams entertaining, the few times that I do watch it.

Maybe ask an asian/chinese how he thinks about people mocking their accent or "imitating" speech that doesnt even sound like chinese but random gibberish/"ching chang chong".

Fuck people for normalizing chinese/asian racism.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Guess I learned today that it's ok to do mocking (read racist) accents if you're a well known popular streamer, according to some users in this thread.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe ask an asian/chinese how he thinks about people mocking their accent or "imitating" speech that doesnt even sound like chinese but random gibberish/"ching chang chong".

Fuck people for normalizing chinese/asian racism.

You might want to ask his cameraman about that:

mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY

I'm not normalising anything, particularly as an asian myself.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
You might want to ask his cameraman about that:

mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY
mAVrXFY

I'm not normalising anything, particularly as an asian myself.

Why should I ask his cameraman about that? Because he is asian or you are asian?

I could ask my wife, who is Chinese how she thinks people mocking it. She hates it. I can ask her parents how they feel when people mocking the language? My wifes friends. They all hate that. They hate if people make fun of their accent when they travelled in europe.
And they certainly would hate it if a streamer with such a huge outreach does "ching chang chong" jokes.

"But my black friend said its okay when a white person says the n-word."

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why should I ask his cameraman about that? Because he is asian or you are asian?

I could ask my wife, who is Chinese how she thinks people mocking it. She hates it. I can ask her parents how they feel when people mocking the language? My wifes friends. They all hate that. They hate if people make fun of their accent when they travelled in europe.
And they certainly would hate it if a streamer with such a huge outreach does "ching chang chong" jokes.

Absolutely fair. That is in poor taste on his part but I dont know if I would outright call him a racist in that regard. Again, I clearly have a higher threshold for tolerance there I don't know. I am not trying to normalise racism or anything though; its just a different point of view of mine that's all.

You have made literally zero argument.

You came into the these to dismiss filming minors in a bathroom as "silly" and downplay factual racism, which others were banned for.

I did a lot more than you did, when you just resorted to attempting to discredit me by asking me my age?

I am just offering my opinion here and trying to discuss this.I know its the internet and all but we can just discuss this properly.

The few times I have watched him, I have found him entertaining. I think it would be a loss for the streaming side of things. Obviously I'm in the minority here. I do think what he did is silly but a lifetime ban on this would be really harsh imo.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I think all of us don't film people in a public bathroom so pretty much all of us.

Of course not and I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Telling people to get a hobby or life because they watch twitch streamers is a pretty rude thing to say, I mean a lot of people (me for instance) has watched him a couple of times and do not condone this at all so it's pretty unnecessary and judgemental to attack people like that just for having watched his stream.

It's like some people lose their senses and lash out when it comes to these discussions, it's really not necessary.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
has he been unbanned or is he still banned on Twitch? Hopefully it's a permanent ban but I'm not holding my breath.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course not and I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Telling people to get a hobby or life because they watch twitch streamers is a pretty rude thing to say, I mean a lot of people (me for instance) has watched him a couple of times and do not condone this at all so it's pretty unnecessary and judgemental to attack people like that just for having watched his stream.

It's like some people lose their senses and lash out when it comes to these discussions, it's really not necessary.

The fact you take it personally when people say why do people watch him SPECIFICALLY is weird. I watch a ton of twitch streamers, but if you can't acknowledge the culture around some of them (the big ones, Lirik, Forsen, etc), how is this stuff going to get better?

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
There's absolutely no other reasonable explanation. Defending shitty celebrities is like the least you want to do as a sane person.
defending companies, movies, games, twitch celebs. People are making communities out of consuming content and even when they do terrible things, they cant let that community go so they fight. Its depressing.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): hostility, backseat moderation, highly inappropriate comparison of victims of racism to a streamer's fanbase
"History of infractions relating to racism."

Always the same with these losers. Unbelievable.

This thread should probably be locked at this point.

On the one hand, you have people defending Doc's more questionable actions such as this stream where he's filming in a bathroom. On the other hand, you have people in this thread calling Doc a borderline pedo and making grossly misplaced generalizations about people who enjoy DrDisrespect's streams.

How are we banning people in this thread who rationalize racial stereotypes and NOT banning people who are stereotyping viewers of any particular streamer?

These kind of threads always devolve into stupidity of all flavors.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
How are we banning people in this thread who rationalize racial stereotypes and NOT banning people who are stereotyping viewers of any particular streamer?

Unlike which streamer to watch people don't have choice of what race to be born as.

Edit: further more the color of your skin says nothing about the kind of person you are. On the other hand, enjoying watching a loudmouth racist being an ass does.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
He's lucky if no charges happen. Filming or taking photos in a public restroom of other people without permission is technically illegal.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that people like this act as industry influencers scares me.
Not to mention, these people get sponsored by a lot of brands, and they keep the money flowing regardless of what they do (most of them). Just watch as nothing happens to the Doc in this case, sponsors keep pilling money on him, Twitch gives his channel back, he returns with a big stream and truckloads of donations occur.

Fuck rewarding bad behavior.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
On the one hand, you have people defending Doc's more questionable actions such as this stream where he's filming in a bathroom. On the other hand, you have people in this thread calling Doc a borderline pedo and making grossly misplaced generalizations about people who enjoy DrDisrespect's streams.

I will agree with you here. He didn't bring a camera into a bathroom (already violating state law) with the intent of filming a minor. He just didn't care if he did.

You lost me here, though.
  • "Making a bunch of ching-chong noises and applying racial stereotypes isn't racist."
  • "Adults who watch a rude, shrieking man in a really bad wig should find something better to do."
"These are the same, to me."

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure he did this on purpose to get off Twitch for a while. He's been burning out, and he's also talked about needing 6 months to just rest.

Amazing plan Doc, hope you enjoy the family time.

Edit

Clarification since I'm getting quoted non stop.

I don't think what he specifically did was amazing, but the plan to sabatoge himself to get off twitch. If you want to know why I actually think that, I've posted more ahead. I think its a possible mental health issue but take what you from it.

Last edited:

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
This thread should probably be locked at this point.

These kind of threads always devolve into stupidity of all flavors.

Well, for starters, I would say that finding enjoyment in watching the antics of assholes with no accountability for their actions doesn't constitute a protected class.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure he did this on purpose to get off Twitch for a while. He's been burning out, and he's also talked about needing 6 months to just rest.

I drop a grenade when I need to get out of things too. Just pull the pin and walk away.....ahhhh sweet release.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While I understand how e-athletes, speedrunners and all kind of performers (no damage run etc) can gain massive web popularity, such streamers is really a mystery for me, it looks like a lucrative variant of real TV, where your only merit is to be popular.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Imagine a take so hot it makes absolute zero look like a Florida swamp in July.

Doc's brand of "shock jock" streaming isn't long for this world and the fewer people learn from his example the better.

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

We found it folks, the dumbest take on the Internet
There's plenty of laws broken around mental health issues and the lapses of judgment that go along with it.

I'm just trying to bring a different perspective to what could possibly have been a growing issue for him.

Do you watch his streams? Or are you just here to talk out of your ass about someone you don't know?

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

Because one is rationalizing attacking people based on who they are, the other is stereotyping people based on a choice which QED puts them in that group being stereotyped.