• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Inciting harassment lol
So you don't think literally making fun of the appearance of someone on twitter while you have an audience of incredibly impressionable children, teenagers, and adults is inciting harassment? Especially in the context of the gaming audience which repeatedly goes after games journalists for the egregious crime of using critical skills and acknowledging that video games and the target audience of video games aren't perfect.

Lol you guys have had your jimmies rustled today, I have no retort as I've just realized how poor my logic so LOLOL YOU MAD
Honesty is good, be more honest.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol you guys have had your jimmies rustled today
It's a serious question. You're taking offense to people calling somebody out, who I assuming is a streamer you watch. What's the difference between what Dr . Disrespect is allowed to say when he harasses somebody and what people on this forum are allowed to say when you feel harassed by them?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Trolling over a series of posts, antagonizing members. History of similar infractions.
So you don't think literally making fun of the appearance of someone on twitter while you have an audience of incredibly impressionable children, teenagers, and adults is inciting harassment?

Honesty is good, be more honest.

Oh wow, we've gone down to editing peoples posts, this is quality entertainment, haven't you got a Ubisoft thread to shill in?

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching another streamer who had mediashare on last night and someone donated and requested the youtube video of him doing the fake Chinese and it went on and on and on and it was like holy shit at what point in your head do you not realize that this isn't okay and just keep going on with it. I had never seen it before and it was pretty disgusting.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
No I'm not, but you obviously are having to resort to silly childish comments like that.
Mate, we know is an act, we are not stupid. Point is, the "Doc" is coming like an asshole using his "act" to act like a manchild and shield behind it, using the Kotaku situation to make it all worse instead of moving forward with his "brand".

We are adults, we know is a character, sadly, young impressionable kids don't. He's a role model for the thousands of young people who follow and idolizes him, and he's a step away from going full gamergater, and with his immense pull, that could bring another shitstorm just because the media believes your act is (rightfully so) shit.

Please, let's stop this whole "it's a character" to defend incredible stupid bullshit.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, we've gone down to editing peoples posts, this is quality entertainment, haven't you got a Ubisoft thread to shill in?
I'm literally just a character, especially the Ubisoft astroturfing part, so it's ok to bully and belittle people. 😃 👍

How ironic that the guy defending harassment is harassing people himself 🤔
He's obviously in character as he's using the exact amount of critical thinking skills that Daffy Duck would.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
The guy is a racist piece of shit that breaks the law and goes personal on twitter but hey guys dont worry he is just a character, he gets a pass because of it 🤣

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a serious question. You're taking offense to people calling somebody out, who I assuming is a streamer you watch. What's the difference between what Dr . Disrespect is allowed to say when he harasses somebody and what people on this forum are allowed to say when you feel harassed by them?

I watch him occasionally. I don't feel harassed by what people are saying to me...

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Twitch is snooze fest without the doc. I literally cant watch anyone play games other than him because of the comedy he brings to it all.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I watch him occasionally. I don't feel harassed by what people are saying to me...
The difference is that we don't have tons of followers who are impressionable children, teenagers, and manchildren. Who will see those tweets, and think "LOL GAMES JOURNALISM IS BAD"

The point being that someone "in character" does not absolve someone of all responsibilities.

If the dude were to film himself spitting on a random stranger in public during a stream, "for the brand," he would still be responsible. Dr. Disrespect is not real, he does not agency, the person behind him decides EVERYTHING he does.

Y'all be acting like he's the green goblin and the dude's sitting at home with multiple personalities talking to each other.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
it screams levels of Hulk Hogan's "I'm sorry I got caught" and using the brand/character as an excuse for his actions

As I've said before (in the context of Hogan no less), you either live the gimmick or the gimmick lives you, and it's clear from this thread the gimmick's been living this guy for quite some time, if he's reduced himself to a fucking brand now

Lol you guys have had your jimmies rustled today

and FWIW I think it's funny that the sort of people who'd defend this guy can only speak in ancient memes

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't even say anything mean to Kotaku. "I wrote a book. I hate myself" wtf that's such a light jab for the internet it barely even registers.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I've said before (in the context of Hogan no less), you either live the gimmick or the gimmick lives you, and it's clear from this thread the gimmick's been living this guy for quite some time, if he's reduced himself to a fucking brand now

and FWIW I think it's funny that the sort of people who'd defend this guy can only speak in ancient memes

O rly

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Adults know it's an act. Unfortunately, kids will think it's cool.
His audience is much more mature than Ninja's or Forsen's. Look at his chat, look who's taking pictures with him at EA Play or other events. Lots of 25+ people. You think kids are interested in someone who acts like he's from 80s?

Of course this is childish and of course some kids watch/read him but thinking that he's a role model for kids, I dunno.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Anyone that controls a digital army has a responsibility to use it judiciously and with forethought. You don't get to sick the dogs on people. I get that he feels like Kotaku did just that to him and he feels hurt about it but he needs to exercise more restraint.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Internet drama is the fucking worse. I can understand not liking the guy because of his type of humor, but pissing in the bathroom? How does that offend you at all? It was dumb, he deserved the ban (a longer one to be be honest) but this whole story is turning ugly for no reason.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok well I thought you took offense by some of the posts here like the one questioning your age. Regardless of that, I just hope when you do watch this guys Twitch channel you aren't mimicking his behaviour on display. It's my opinion that online personalities should set better examples for the young impressionable minds who tune into their antics.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He didn't even say anything mean to Kotaku.
Again, stop trying to absolve him of responsibility. Just because his insult was incredibly weak and easily refutable, (that tends to happen when a manchild tries to insult well adjusted adults), does not mean that he wasn't inciting harassment against game journalists.

Filming not just adults but also minors pissing in the bathroom during a livestream with thousands of people watching? How does that offend you at all?
Answer your own question. 🤔

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it looks Dr Disrespect started it with this shitty comment:

Imagine resorting to insults about appearance because a news outlet covered your bullshit apology. It's like Trump standards.

Dunno if DrDisrespect started that whole scene.
The timeline says that Jason started for no reason with his "the toilet streamer" comment and dragged DrDisrespect into that discussion who only replied to that callout stuff from Jason. That given reply was bad, but the bait from Jason wasn't much better. Jason should remain more professional with higher standards imho while DrDisrespect never really had those high standards. That bait was a dumb but successful move.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't Twitter ban him for bullying now?
HA!

Twitter, banning him?

Good one.

Even if it did happen, and that's the biggest IF in the world, he'd be unbanned faster than when he gets banned on Twitch.

People know he's an act right?

That's why those tweets are the way they are.
Oh shit, so I can just insult whomever and call them whatever so long as I say "lol, jk" afterwards?

That's not how the real world works.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
His audience is much more mature than Ninja's or Forsen's. Look at his chat, look who's taking pictures with him at EA Play or other events. Lots of 25+ people. You think kids are interested in someone who acts like he's from 80s?

Of course this is childish and of course some kids watch/read him but thinking that he's a role model for kids, I dunno.

I'd argue that maturity doesn't come with age. But hey, you do you.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok well I thought you took offense by some of the posts here like the one questioning your age. Regardless of that, I just hope when you do watch this guys Twitch channel you aren't mimicking his behaviour on display. It's my opinion that online personalities should set better examples for the young impressionable minds who tune into their antics.

The one questioning my age is just such a low effort comment, like seriously that's the best they've got? May as well go a step up with a your mum joke

Dude I'm 37, I'm not mimicking anyone's behaviour.

Oct 25, 2017
The timeline says that Jason started for no reason with his "the toilet streamer" comment and dragged DrDisrespect into that discussion who only replied to that callout stuff from Jason. That given reply was bad, but the bait from Jason wasn't much better. Jason should remain more professional with higher standards imho while DrDisrespect never really had those high standards.

You make mistakes you better own them. If you can't handle someone referring to you as the "toilet streamer" three weeks after the fact, you need to grow some thicker fucking skin. If you have to resort to inciting harassment against people because they call you out on your bullshit, you need to be deplatformed immediately.

Oct 26, 2017
UF_C Sozzled_Bucket benzopil

Lemme guess, riling up his fanbase to harass game journalists, (aka, someone who's not a character and someone who ALREADY gets harassed frequently), is just "part of the character" because he's doing it from a different twitter account right? Right? Hello?
🤔 🤔 🤔
Those tweets are honestly really funny and classic Doc insults, lmao. He's being petty and using childish insults, which in the context of the Doc, will always make me laugh. Schreier dealt with the Doc in the best way possible by giving it right back to him, which is also hilarious. Not that hard to comprehend breh, get a sense of humor

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HA!

Twitter, banning him?

Good one.

Even if it did happen, and that's the biggest IF in the world, he'd be unbanned faster than when he gets banned on Twitch.

Oh shit, so I can just insult whomever and call them whatever so long as I say "lol, jk" afterwards?

That's not how the real world works.

And that's not what he's doing..but whatever.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Those tweets are honestly really funny and classic Doc insults, lmao. He's being petty and using childish insults, which in the context of the Doc, will always make me laugh. Schreier dealt with the Doc in the best way possible by giving it right back to him, which is also hilarious. Not that hard to comprehend breh, get a sense of humor

Boy, if those are classic Doc insults, I'd hate to see him on an off day.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

So he's just a trash person.

Got it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I meant by impressionable adults btw. ☝

Boy, if those are classic Doc insults, I'd hate to see him on an off day.
👏

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Those jokes got tired when I was still in elementary school.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, don't mind me if I harass you, when I do that I'm just playing a character called "Oheao". When am I playing a character and when am I not? Well, I decide that myself when I see fit, based on whether or not it benefits me.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't think I will ever understand the type of person that looks at Dr Disrespect and says "yes, this is someone I can get behind"

Maybe if you're a kid (which is a whole problem in and of itself), but an adult watching this racist, cheating, bullying asshole of their own free will?

Oct 26, 2017
Those jokes got tired when I was still in elementary school.
tenor.gif

He's been described as the WWE of the gaming community. Not to say he doesn't make mistakes and take things entirely too far at times, but he's literally there to piss you off and so many of you are falling for it hook, line and sinker 😂

Sone of these posts are quality content, man.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He's been described as the WWE of the gaming community.

That's actually incredibly accurate, given how tired, out of touch, and formulaic the current WWE product is.

Not to say he doesn't make mistakes and take things entirely too far at times, but he's literally there to piss you off and so many of you are falling for it hook, line and sinker

This isn't good heat, though. This is X-Pac heat.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
No I'm not, but you obviously are having to resort to silly childish comments like that.
The timeline says that Jason started for no reason with his "the toilet streamer" comment and dragged DrDisrespect into that discussion who only replied to that callout stuff from Jason. That given reply was bad, but the bait from Jason wasn't much better. Jason should remain more professional with higher standards imho while DrDisrespect never really had those high standards. That bait was a dumb but successful move.
He streamed from the toilet, it's an accurate description. If you don't want to be referred to as "the toilet streamer", don't livestream in the restroom.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This streamer guy is a fucking loser. Imagine spending your valuable time stanning for this guy.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

He's been described as the WWE of the gaming community. Not to say he doesn't make mistakes and take things entirely too far at times, but he's literally there to piss you off and so many of you are falling for it hook, line and sinker 😂

Sone of these posts are quality content, man.
You realize they're all actors playing characters, right?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The one questioning my age is just such a low effort comment, like seriously that's the best they've got? May as well go a step up with a your mum joke

Dude I'm 37, I'm not mimicking anyone's behaviour.

You sure don't act like you're 37, you dumbass!!
--
48897.jpg

He streamed from the toilet, it's an accurate description. If you don't want to be referred to as "the toilet streamer", don't livestream in the restroom.

Seems like it should be a pretty easy line of thought to follow, too:

2019-06-12_092537.jpg
'

Especially since it's actually the specific thing he did that is of relevance. It's barely an insult because it's a reference to his actual bad behavior and is 100% true.

Oct 27, 2017
Again, stop trying to absolve him of responsibility. Just because his insult was incredibly weak and easily refutable, (that tends to happen when a manchild tries to insult well adjusted adults), does not mean that he wasn't inciting harassment against game journalists.

. 🤔
lol i dont know if my anxiety is playing up or what but I literally have no idea how to respond to this. I keep getting banned with no warning or explanation for disagreeing with the most random things so I'll just back out with 'I disagree' and the shit that people are saying about DrDisrespect is FAR more brutal than anything he said about Kotaku.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What does it make you if you spend your valuable time hating on him? Instead of just moving on with your life.
Time spent on making a comment is equal to watching (presumably) hours of this guy's content and coming to his defense over reprehensible behavior?