• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Dr Disrespect is a fictional character that pushes the boundaries and is sometimes racist. If he goes too far or breaks any laws than he should be punished for it.

But don't judge the people who enjoy watching him as entertainment and nothing more than that. The same way people enjoy Family Guy or South Park or Borat.

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dr Disrespect is a fictional character that pushes the boundaries. If he goes too far or breaks any laws than he should be punished for it.

But don't judge the people who enjoy watching him as entertainment and nothing more than that. The same way people enjoy Family Guy or South Park or Borat.

Lmao not the same but whatever makes you feel better about watching that pos Dr Disrespect.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
'Sure, he is racist and broke the law while putting minors at risk, but on the other hand I do enjoy his content.'

This isn't very different from those defending TotalBiscuit on this forum. Be a hateful bigot all you want, so long as you produce content I like, I am a fan. Ya'll have no integrity and your priorities are whack.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Dr Disrespect is a fictional character that pushes the boundaries and is sometimes racist. If he goes too far or breaks any laws than he should be punished for it.

"I enjoy racism for entertainment, therefore it's cool!"

Hazard71

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You'd think that with how over-saturated the market is you'd be able to find enough streamers to enjoy that don't film people in bathrooms.
He isn't the only Streamer I watch and I don't watch him a ton but I have enjoyed what I have watched of him. Like I said the bathroom thing was ignorant and he deserved to be banned for it. Perma banned I don't think so but everyone has there own opinion.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Lmao not the same but whatever makes you feel better about watching that pos Dr Disrespect.

I actually don't watch him, he's too much for me.

But there is a market for that kind of crude humor, as evident by his popularity, and far worse things have been said for humor on television and movies and millions of people watch them.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
I keep reading that minors were filmed in the in the restroom but I thought minors weren't allowed at E3?

Just checked and apparently you need to be 17 and up?

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling, account in junior phase
'Sure, he is racist and broke the law while putting minors at risk, but on the other hand I do enjoy his content.'

This isn't very different from those defending TotalBiscuit on this forum. Be a hateful bigot all you want, so long as you produce content I like, I am a fan. Ya'll have no integrity and your priorities are whack.

Would Etika fall into this description?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I actually don't watch him, he's too much for me.

But there is a market for that kind of crude humor, as evident by his popularity, and far worse things have been said for humor on television and movies and millions of people watch them.

If you watch Borat and think ```lol Kazachstan```, you didnt understand the movie.
South Park episodes have far more to say.
Family Guy episodes have more to say. Heck. McFarlane even apologized about the depiction of homosexual people in earlier FG seasons.

So. What's the humor of mocking a language you do not have any knowledge of?

Oct 30, 2017
User warned: trolling
He isn't the only Streamer I watch and I don't watch him a ton but I have enjoyed what I have watched of him. Like I said the bathroom thing was ignorant and he deserved to be banned for it. Perma banned I don't think so but everyone has there own opinion.
That's a blasphemous opinion!
Permaban and ex communication from society at a bare minimum.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is there more to the Dr Disrespect is racist thing, than him doing a fake Chinese accent years(?) ago? I'm still kind of confused on that point.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
If you watch Borat and think ```lol Kazachstan```, you didnt understand the movie.
South Park episodes have far more to say.
Family Guy episodes have more to say. Heck. McFarlane even apologized about the depiction of homosexual people in earlier FG seasons.

So. What's the humor of mocking a language you do not have any knowledge of?

So it's okay to make racist jokes as long as there's a message at the end or a big picture to the episode? That's not what people remember and the clips that hit the internet.

Has Seth apologized for the decades of racism and mysogyny?

Just admit that there is a market of people who enjoy crude humor.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I didn't know about the racist jokes; making fun of an accent like that is indeed offensive and racist. That being said, we have to keep in mind that even non-racist people can also make racist jokes or comments, sometimes without realizing it or understanding it, and that's precisely why it's important to call them out on this, before trashing them for being racist pieces of shit. Has he given an answer on this?

Regarding him cheating on his wife, it's literally nobodies business and it only concerns the people involved. It shouldn;t even be a matter of discussion on this forum.

I literally don't know anything about the guy except for what I read here sometimes, and that one PUBG video that I watched one day (he was quite funny if I recall), so sorry in advance if I'm missing some crucial information.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Is there more to the Dr Disrespect is racist thing, than him doing a fake Chinese accent years(?) ago? I'm still kind of confused on that point.

kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent ‘Laughable'

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying...

Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent 'Laughable'

"Got friends I can call right now that are multicultural, multiracial, I love it, I love it. Mrs. Assassin, my wife, multiracial, all the way from the small island of Molokai. Lots of Filipino blood. I love it. And you got this idiot on Twitter, this idiot searching for, desperate for attention wanna be idiot, right, trapped in a box, trapped in a gated community, a private school, if you will."

Its not even 1 year old...

I didn't know about the racist jokes; making fun of an accent like that is indeed offensive and racist. That being said, we have to keep in mind that even non-racist people can also make racist jokes or comments, sometimes without realizing it or understanding it, and that's precisely why it's important to call them out on this, before trashing them for being racist pieces of shit. Has he given an answer on this?

"Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent 'Laughable'"

Last edited:

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
So it's okay to be racist as long as there's a message at the end or a big picture to the episode? That's not what people remember and the clips that hit the internet.

Has Seth apologized for the decades of racism and mysogyny?

Just admit that there is a market of people who enjoy crude humor.
I always thought that part of the Dr. D shtick was making fun of the people who took his persona seriously? He goes so overboard that he's basically mocking the wannabees. And most of the audience is in on the joke. Or so I thought.

I'm not dismissing the racism and other behavior as ok. Just to be clear.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I always thought that part of the Dr. D shtick was making fun of the people who took his persona seriously? He goes so overboard that he's basically mocking the wannabees. And most of the audience is in on the joke. Or so I thought.

I'm not dismissing the racism and other behavior as ok. Just to be clear.
But you are kinda dismissing it. Racism and racists shouldnt have a platform, sorry.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
But you are kinda dismissing it. Racism and racists shouldnt have a platform, sorry.
No I'm not.

I didn't know he did the racist stuff until this thread. And it's very disappointing to see.

I'm speaking more to his general shtick rather than his shitty behavior. The debate about his persona v South Park is an interesting one. To me.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Ok wait I've missed something. Can someone fill me in on the racism bit? Havnt heard of this yet.

On the other topics while havnt watched doc much at all since his earliest days I am totally down with breaking the law for entertainment lmfao. Lota of ways to do that without endangering people tho so my issue is the specific law broke not just the fact in general.

Also is e3 open to persons under age 18 now? So I can take my daughter next year?

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
No I'm not.

I didn't know he did the racist stuff until this thread. And it's very disappointing to see.

I'm speaking more to his general shtick rather than his shitty behavior. The debate about his persona v South Park is an interesting one. To me.
It's weird that (to say at least) you split his character from his shitty behavior.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Personally, i like DrDisrespect in the same way i like Eric Cartman, POS characters with questionable opinions, but both funny in the context they are presented. However, filming on a public bathroom is not only wrong, but also illegal, so i think a longer ban should have been applied.
But unlike Eric Cartman, there ain't other characters dunking on DrDisrespect's bigotry so it's just going unchallenged. I don't think South Park with just one character would be as good. Do you even find his racism entertaining? To me it's just boring and so outdated, like back in the 50s or something.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
"I enjoy racism for entertainment, therefore it's cool!"
8180.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

If committing obvious crimes involving minors isn't grounds for a permanent ban from an internet platform for streaming video games, what would be?

Hazard71

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If committing obvious crimes involving minors isn't grounds for a permanent ban from an internet platform for streaming video games, what would be?
From what I'm reading from other posters there was no child in the bathroom because it is 18 and up at E3. If there was a child then yes I could see a perma ban. I have not seen the vid I'm just going from what I have read. So I could be wrong.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From what I'm reading from other posters there was no child in the bathroom because it is 18 and up at E3. If there was a child then yes I could see a perma ban. I have not seen the vid I'm just going from what I have read. So I could be wrong.
Thinking that people under 18 don't get into E3 is pretty naive.