• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
The JP stuff hurts. Whatever happened between him and Kaitlyn, hope we will find out. But hearing the behind the scenes concerning some contracts and the Dungeon Masters puts him in a bad light for me alone. Since I didn't watch the Rollplay with Kaitlyn, who was in the party with her during their sessions?

She was in a series called Ehbon with JP, Neal and Ryan from the original show, as well as a Starcraft pro player named Catz. She has previously said that Catz had treated her badly on twitter some years back. It could be from that show or it could be a one-off from a different time.

Also, Shannon used to be a community manager for Twitch before she left to become a full-time manager for Sacriel.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
She was in a series called Ehbon with JP, Neal and Ryan from the original show, as well as a Starcraft pro player named Catz. She has previously said that Catz had treated her badly on twitter some years back. It could be from that show or it could be a one-off from a different time.

Also, Shannon used to be a community manager for Twitch before she left to become a full-time manager for Sacriel.
Thank you very much.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the EEOC investigation into harassment at Activision has gotten any results? Not sure if the current administration's rot has affected it. Though I think many of these complaints might be out of the statute of limitations, we need to pressure the government into protecting vulnerable workers.

Wont help with Ubisoft though...ugh

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
The JP stuff is tough. A lot of money--and fights about money--is mixed up in the controversy. People should try and separate the business stuff (pay, ownership of ip, fights about contracts with GMs) from the abuse stuff. Right now they're being mixed together in an unhelpful way. Where there's money there's conflict. But conflict about money is not evidence of abusive behavior.

I never followed RP, but I was a big fan of state of the game back in the day. Makes me sad tho think that JP was potentially abusing people.

----

A C&D is just a letter--Evidence that you've consulted a lawyer. I don't think it's fair to hold using a C&D against someone unless they have truly no basis for issuing it in the first place. It doesn't have any legally binding effect. (Source: lawyer) in fact a cease-and-desist letter can do more to the sender than the receiver, binding the sender to a specific position based on estoppel. If someone accused you of being racist in public and you believed it was totally false you would probably send a cease-and-desist letter too.

Slightly offT: Kaitlyn using logs from Geoff, without context makes me nervous. Geoff can't speak anymore. I wish she would just lay out her case in one place and let it speak for itself.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
"But C&D! Threats of suing!" etc.... like... okay? JP could sue Kaitlyn for slander even without ever having sent her C&D so it's pretty catch 22, isn't it? She is afraid of being sued because itmeJP sent her C&D to stop what he perceived as slander, but logically she would be afraid of being sued even without it if JP is still as big asshole as he was back then.

Personally I dislike it how she is dropping bits of info here and there into different channels and being selective about evidence that she shows and clearly has. I wish she would put it all together into one and tell her story, get it out there. Let that RollPlay castmember have his or hers moment and drag itmeJP too if he was involved beyond what Kaitlyn already revealed about him.

And she already said some damning stuff... She should just laid it "all" out now in a clear straightforward manner.
It's really getting weird with all the people getting involved now.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wish she would just lay out her case in one place and let it speak for itself.

I posted earlier in the thread being confused about what to do re continuing to watch/support JP in light of all this and I think this is why I'm so confused about it, it's very unclear what's actually being stated right now.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Hearthstone player Amaz was removed from Blizzard's Hearthstone tournament today probably because of this tweet about a tournament he once organized

Chess player Alexandra Botez speaks about being sexually assaulted at chess tournaments when she was 14

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Ryan Morrison aka Video Game Attorney (CEO of @EvolvedTalent, Founding Partner of @MorrisonRothman, VP of @EsportsBar) outed as asshole and gaslighter with hints of racism. Making fun of trans people, having room with 1 bed for 2 people for duration of con by "accident" etc.

Full write up from her about him in next tweets link

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
The Hearthstone player Amaz was removed from Blizzard's Hearthstone tournament today probably because of this tweet about a tournament he once organized

Her face says it all, she's uncomfortable a

Ryan Morrison aka Video Game Attorney (CEO of @EvolvedTalent, Founding Partner of @MorrisonRothman, VP of @EsportsBar) outed as asshole and gaslighter with hints of racism. Making fun of trans people, having room with 1 bed for 2 people for duration of con by "accident" etc.
Some good news:

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very small update re JP. Cohh on his stream has just stated that Dropped Frames is cancelled this week and until further notice basically. Says JP is "having some issues". He says he doesn't want to talk about it any more until more information is available, which is fair, says he doesn't want to muddy the already muddied waters.

Gutted re Dropped Frames, see what happens.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Very small update re JP. Cohh on his stream has just stated that Dropped Frames is cancelled this week and until further notice basically. Says JP is "having some issues". He says he doesn't want to talk about it any more until more information is available, which is fair, says he doesn't want to muddy the already muddied waters.

Good. I like(d) Dropped Frames but I was already disappointed by the non-response to the Rape-Roll-Play session that JP managed. (A GM of his made a scenario were a robot, played by a female player, got raped)
At least Cohh takes action.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Seems like Kaitlyn "moved on", she hasn't talked about any of allegation she made and/or wanted to make since JP's statement. About JP and/or that RollPlay cast member.

I hope she does speak up and this thing doesn't just get brushed to side.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Two people speaking out about Twitch (Smite) streamer DMBrandon:

DM is such an asshole that he lost a commentating gig with Smite Pro League for telling one of the viewers of his stream to kill himself. I wouldn't call this a surprise, but it's certainly unfortunate. I've been a fan of Smitten for years. I'm glad she decided to step forward.

Arsenic

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Victim blaming. Account in junior phase.
Two people speaking out about Twitch (Smite) streamer DMBrandon:

Coming as an outsider who knows none of these people or their personalities:

I don't know. Her story is rough but it isn't "dark". She traveled hoping to see the guy shes having an affair with. The guy ended up not going, but his friends were there, who she agreed to hang out with, while drunk, and agreed to cuddle with, knowing he was flirting, and rejected his kiss.

She agreed to everything leading up to that kiss.

It's the other friend that decided to smear her name probably after hearing what happened that night.

Truth is they probably looked at her as easy ass, when she was willing to chest on her bf with a guy in their group. This unfortunately happens all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
ppl really need to read up on the zyori story

this was a really good video. Highlights the impact that power dynamics can have on people and how they see situations.

This is one of the reasons I only date people away from work or the membership of organizations that I have been involved in the leadership of. There is a real and credible fear that not reciprocating interest could mean a glass ceiling For your career aspirations. He seemed genuinely interested, be she felt immense pressure in the moment as from her perspective he was the only reason she was there at all. Him probably never being in a position of power like that before clouding his vision.

Both of their perspectives are believable. Zyori I think just didn't understand the power he had in the moment, coupled with the lack of critical communication (Which she didn't feel safe to share her perspective on). The result is two wildly different understandings and interpretations on a series of events (assuming both are telling their honest stories which seems to be the case).

Again: I recommend that you young people do your best to wisely navigate situations where you have a lot of power compared to someone else. Consider whether the other person may be responding to your power rather than you.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Giant Bomb friend-of-the-site Matt Pascual is on the spreadsheet. What's the story there?

Oct 25, 2017

Twitch and the gaming industry at large will continue to be shit when you have notable people in the community treating these serious events like this.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Keep them falling like flies...

Something I was thinking is how prevalent this is among all industries, but at least entertainment people have a platform to voice their experiences... People in other areas dont have any type of exposure... Terrible all around.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
A smaller streamer talks about her past, she isn't accusing anyone in the streaming world, more about her past growing up. Really sad read.

Stainless

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville,TN
I can't imagine how difficult it has been for the victims holding this in. It must have been so painful and stressful. I am in awe of your courage sharing your stories and hopeful that so many others doing the same gives you strength and lets you know you are not alone. I believe you and support you

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Twitch and the gaming industry at large will continue to be shit when you have notable people in the community treating these serious events like this.

He's right, but he doesn't even understand why : women are innocent of the accusation of lying until their claims have been proven false (or truth).

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
These are courageous people speaking up. I'm glad they feel that people will finally listen and not automatically downplay their allegations or say they are liars. "Won't someone think of the accused's job" has no place in these type of these conversations.

Reading these stories, it sickens me how wide spread of an issue it is...

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kasper accused of lots of things:

This hits particularly hard. I thought he was a good guy and as recently as August at PAX West I gave him a hug as we caught up on stuff. Fuck him and ban him off Twitch.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amaz is the person behind this?

The event was hosted by Team Archon at their gaming house. Amaz was the co-founder of Team Archon and the tournament organizer or at least the public face of it. May have not been his decision but I would still say he is partially responsible.

Also at the same event

Method - "We are eMethod - "We are ending our relationship with Josh effective immediately.", (click second link for full coverage)

Method knew and ignored it because he was one of their best players

Last edited:

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
This thread is simultaneously humbling, sickening, and encouraging (in the sense that these women are finding their voice).

Now, if something comes out about Lobosjr, I give up on the internet completely.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus the Method Josh stuff is sickening. Method in general seems like a real dumpster fire of enablers.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017

Full write up from her about him in next tweets link

Holy shit. This one actually floored me. I've been following him on Twitter for ages now. I noticed he had kind of up and disappeared from the site about a year ago, at least on his @Morrison account.

This one is truly shocking to hear.

Fuck Summit. That's one of the absolute most vile things I've seen from people. "BUT INNOCENT! COURT OF LAW" Shut the actual fuck up. The courts have failed so many of these women for far too long.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017

Chess player Alexandra Botez speaks about being sexually assaulted at chess tournaments when she was 14

I would have straight up walked out after they sent me to the mall.

Just look at her face, that's terrible .

Oct 25, 2017

Slasher is going in on Summit

Good. Far too long people have not called out these big streamers for their enabling shit. It wasn't that long ago streamers kept saying the "N-word" and people made every excuse for them.

So I'm glad their being called out now. It's the only way this shit is going to change. Everyone needs to be better. Summit should have kept that one in the drafts.