• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.. there is more to this huh
This is going to be a big and messy story overall. It is also going to reveal a lot of people for who they are or are not. Twitch is a job for most people and that unfortunately means they do what needs to be done to protect the job. Lots of fake friendships develop etc. because you got to network and all that but for many there is no real desire to be friends its all about the money.

The GTA RP community on twitch is a great example. So many streamers in that area will be the nicest person in the world to your face but once you are gone or another person is gone the charade ends and the knives come out. Many GTA RP Streamers see their numbers collapse if they don't play GTARP so they play nice when they have to but the will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it boosts their numbers.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Shit got heated between Kaitlyn and Annemunition, lead to Anne dropping this

There is some big threads between the two.

NOTE: At no point Anne says she doesn't believe Kaitlyn about itmeJP allegations. Anne hopes that Kaitlyn can and is allowed to tell her story about itmeJP

I'm confused as to why she dragged Anne into this to begin with; she made it clear she wanted no part in it because of past allegations and Kaitlyn also made it clear that Anne had no idea about her story. Weird.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
More about Kaitlyn. Read it from bottom to top

qHN0iY0.png

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Just read through the whole OP and that is a LOT. This is heavy but it's incredibly brave to be speaking out on this stuff. Job prospects can be harmed. Which is, I guess, part of the issue. I don't know that I could do it.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I will say there are more allegations than just the one person.

edited my post to include that and his response to one of the allegations.

For the record I do not believe EscoBlades at all.

100% put all info you come across there!

More about Kaitlyn. Read it from bottom to top

Yeah, there is a lot there between those three.

It's side-track / derail for most part about itmeJP allegations. I just hope that what ever issues Shannon and Anne have with Kaitlyn isn't used by other parties to keep Kaitlyn silent.

They may hate her guts, but they still want Kaitlyn to be free to tell her story.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
chubigans could you drop this into your post about EscoBlades so people also see his reply?

Wait, am I misunderstanding the timeline here, or did he really have a defense essay with picture "evidence" ready to go within an hour of her original post? Why would you have that ready to go so quickly? Break glass in case of rape allegation?

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, am I misunderstanding the timeline here, or did he really have a defense essay with picture "evidence" ready to go within an hour of her original post? Why would you have that ready to go so quickly? Break glass in case of rape allegation?
Not only that but I've never seen a messaging app that looks like the screenshots he provided.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It's heartbreaking, yet amazing to see these stories emerge. It's an interesting emotional reaction and it is understandably difficult to see those you respected get credibly accused of doing something terrible. We need more than a hashtag. We need to normalize these stories and recognize the disturbing truth that sexual misconduct is a much more common crime than what is reported. I have a ton of respect for those who come forward and reveal their traumatizing past with their abusers and I hope they leave a significant impact on this industry.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Asmongold video caught me off guard. I have always known that who he is on stream is more or less an exaggerated character that he plays up for his chat, but I never really expected that kind of video to come from him.

It's amazing to see though. And this is just me guessing, but I'm willing to bet a lot of his feelings on the subject come from the harassment that he and his girlfriend received awhile back when their relationship was made public.
His stream personality is, as you've said, hammed up, but his vlogs like this one on his youtube channel are almost always way more level-headed, and more or less feature his real self.

I've also got a lot of admiration due to the fact that he knows when to step back and take an extended break from streaming when the pressure starts getting to him. He's one of the biggest streamers on twitch right now (constantly pulling 30k-50k viewers on an average day) and yet he's stepped back and taken around 3 months off when he started to get tired mentally around the end of last year.

And he also allows youtubers to make videos of his streams without ever issuing copyright strikes against them, knowing full well that these people make a living doing so.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
His stream personality is, as you've said, hammed up, but his vlogs like this one on his youtube channel are almost always way more level-headed, and more or less feature his real self.
Yeah I see that now. I saw someone on Twitter say something similar and decided to take a look at some of his other vids like this and it's night and day from his streaming persona. It's cool to know that he is a decent guy behind the scenes.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ man, seeing so many people in the industry I respected be exposed. This makes me sick. I believe the victims

OP
OP
Deathbysound

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
This person called "Mr H Reviews" has released this video titled "Angry Joe Gets Cancelled - This Has To Stop" in support of AngryJoe. I do not have the energy right now to comment on it fully but there is something I would like to comment shortly relating to his statement that "This man right here Antony says it quite right...Don't let these women gaslight men. There is nothing wrong with hitting on women and attempting to sleep with them. Every sex act is a negotiation (statement by the same Antony)." and continues something along the lines of "Are we not suppose to talk to women anymore? How are we suppose to know if she wants sex or not unless we talk to then?" (paraphrased).

• There is nothing wrong with the concept of flirting itself. What is wrong is assuming that every woman wants to either be flirted by or flirted by you. What is also wrong is assuming that every woman might be looking for a flirt and/or sex and that you are entitled to find out if there are looking for that specific thing.
  • A woman wanting to dress up to impress does not mean an automatic invitation to I-am-looking-for-a-man-right-now-to-fuck-me party. A woman wanting to receive complements does not mean the same automatic invitation.
  • The fact that you would treat this situation so lightly and casually, speaks volumes about you as a person, let alone as a reviewer. The fact that you would discredit the other person's writing (you do not even have to say that you did not read a single thing that she wrote because it is blatantly obvious you were never bothered to do so) based on the normality of text exchanges, "I don't see anything wrong with that. Seems everything was concentual." (paraphrased), is beyond human comprehension.
What a clearly clueless person. And this type of person with this type of thinking is an influential Youtube figure with 250K approximately subscribers.

Oct 25, 2017
Always felt witwix was a piece of shit but seeing all this stuff coming out about him just turns my stomach

One of the people coming forward is now dating one of my favorite streamers so when I saw she was one of the people coming forward it was shocking.

Obviously these are people from the internet and you don't know them really at all but it is a completely different side to a familiar face of sorts and really hammered home the perspective of how pervasive this sort of thing is and how we absolutely need to support those coming forward and hold platform holders to an ultra high standard when it comes to who they are platforming.

OP
OP
Deathbysound

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Evil Geniuses - "Effective immediately, Grant "GranDgranT" Harris has been released and is no longer a member of Evil Geniuses. We have a zero-tolerance workplace policy, and take any accusation of harassment, or a violation of our policies handbook, seriously".

Grant Harris has already tweeted about it multiple times.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Asmongold's video is weird considering he hangs out with misogynists like Trainwrecks (who literally e-stalked a woman on Twitch with some of the most insane twitchlogs ever). Or has he disowned that group yet?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching Witwix long ago when it was apparent he was an asshole. A shame because he was entertaining, but couldn't stand his and his chat's bullshit. Him being a close bud to Notch was a pretty big hint too.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
itmejp responded https://twitter.com/itmeJP/status/1275221455874260992

A couple of quotes from it.
I want to be clear about the areas where, looking back, I would have acted differently. And, in light of the events of the last 24 hours, I want to be very clear about the allegations that were and remain untrue.

At the end of 2019, a Cease & Desist letter was sent on my behalf. The purpose of the letter was to ask Kaitlyn to stop making false accusations and personal attacks, directly and indirectly, privately and publicly. Also, Kaitlyn seemed unwilling to reconcile privately, despite her repeated messages to me and to mutual friends. The letter did not ask Kaitlyn to stop speaking about sexual assault or abuse. It was not, and still is not, a threat to stop Kaitlyn from telling the truth — it was an effort to stop her from mischaracterizing it.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Asmongold's video is weird considering he hangs out with misogynists like Trainwrecks (who literally e-stalked a woman on Twitch with some of the most insane twitchlogs ever). Or has he disowned that group yet?

Twitch cliques are weird man. People like Hasan Piker, Slasher are regularly hanging out with Trainwrecks.

I am utterly shocked that no one from LoL has been accused yet.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Gotta say I'm very surprised by Asmongold's video and statement. Props for that, I can respect the intent and for an audience as large as he has, I'm glad he's using it to condemn these pieces of shit.

But for someone who has vocally supported Trump (I believe he confessed to voting for him in 2016) and talks up "both sides" bullshit every chance he gets when it comes to political discussions/current events, it's honestly quite bizarre he's taking this position and not trying to say "but #NotAllMen are bad, slow your roll" or something else equally inflammatory and absurd.

Heon

Oct 25, 2017
Asmongold has changed a lot in the last few years. He started out as your typical WoW edgelord but he's much different now. He was pretty much one of the first to ban many of the perceived racist emotes on his channel. He signaled Trump support pretty hard in his first year streaming but these days he says he likes Bernie and thinks Trump is a dumbass. There is another video he made on his channel on advice to Twitch on how to stop racist chat(of course they didn't do any of it.) So ya he still not perfect but he actually seems like he's maturing. He's also a big advocate for female streamers and bans incels pretty fast in his chat.

He didn't just signal it, Asmongold said he voted for Trump.

He also still likes Trump tweets & conservative tweets to this day, has a friend group of Trump supporters and constantly talks up "both sides" rhetoric whenever a political topic comes up.

He's just better at hiding it.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Not sure if this is the thread for it, but since it seems to be for all the accounts of harrassment lately in the games industry:

There have been a lot of twitter posts and accounts today talking about ex-IGN employees who were total shitbags, and a lot of it I already knew or suspected (RE: Steve Butts and Tal Blevins)

HOWEVER, Kallie Plagge just posted this on Twitter:

Where she also says "and fuck that Reaction Guy you all love so much". Which... is that who I think it is? Because if so, that would really, really hurt. Now, I don't think she's accusing him of anything himself, probably just that he allowed these things to happen, but that's also pretty fucked up if so.

I could be way off base here, and if this is too much speculation and putting too much attention on Kallie I apologize and will delete/change this, but this really got me questioning some things.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
He didn't just signal it, Asmongold said he voted for Trump.

He also still likes Trump tweets & conservative tweets to this day, has a friend group of Trump supporters and constantly talks up "both sides" rhetoric whenever a political topic comes up.
Asmongold is like Destiny, argue for content. It's hard to take anyone in that clique seriously when it comes to these allegations. They've batted for and hung out with some very questionable and proven despicable people. Heck, you bring up gender identity and they all laugh at you.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the thread for it, but since it seems to be for all the accounts of harrassment lately in the games industry:

There have been a lot of twitter posts and accounts today talking about ex-IGN employees who were total shitbags, and a lot of it I already knew or suspected (RE: Steve Butts and Tal Blevins)

HOWEVER, Kallie Plagge just posted this on Twitter:

Where she also says "and fuck that Reaction Guy you all love so much". Which... is that who I think it is? Because if so, that would really, really hurt. Now, I don't think she's accusing him of anything himself, probably just that he allowed these things to happen, but that's also pretty fucked up if so.

I could be way off base here, and if this is too much speculation and putting too much attention on Kallie I apologize and will delete/change this, but this really got me questioning some things.

Who is the Reaction Guy?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, Witwix turned out to be an abusive creep too? Insanity. And of course his fanbase is brushing it aside because he "owned up to" systematically gaslighting and cheating on his girlfriend for a year.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure how to feel about JPs response. I don't know what to do re still continuing to support him or not.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Who is the Reaction Guy?
Well I'm assuming (and big disclaimer here that it's my assumption based on how she phrased it) that she's talking about Peer Schneider. He's one of the four "IGN reaction guys" from the famous picture meme, and is the main one I'd think of as the others I don't really know what they're up to anymore.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Considering how Escoblades has been championing "diversity" and being part of a larger online PoC gaming community, him raping and abusing women are just nauseating. And his response to this is just completely detached from reality.

I also saw that Ubisoft were informed about his behavior, but never acted on the information apparently. Really sickening.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Jp's full response

My perspective re: kaitlyn

There’s been a lot of discussion related to Kaitlyn’s tweets last night, which I want to address with the thoroughness and focus they…

A copy of the C&D to Kaitlyn

Here is some logs that some on Reddit pulled from Twitch, I think: https://gofile.io/d/T54l1c

They are regarding things Kaitlyn has talked about JP and partly why C&D was issued.

Seems like that C&D wouldn't prevent her from speaking and showing the truth.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I'm not sure how to feel about JPs response. I don't know what to do re still continuing to support him or not.

Even without the sexual harassment case, He betrayed his 2 former gm's (Neal and Steven).
We were wondering what really happened back then and turns out he backstabbed them. Jp even made up excuses why Steven left (Steven was upset at the time that the reason given was instead his lack of time to commit to the show)

silent0siris 135 points 14 hours ago
For what it's worth, a few comments from my side:
  • I believe and support kaitlyn, as I tweeted. A C&D from JP is entirely unconscionable. If you're reading this and are a personal friend of his (no internet brigading please, it's harassment and also ineffective), please consider having a heart to heart with JP and asking him to drop the threat of legal action. If you're JP..... come on, man.
  • What Neal describes is, at a high level, my experience of both Adam- who betrayed me very personally when he cut me out of the Rollplay contract- and JP- who believed he owned the IP of the West Marches, despite never having a conversation or a contract about that, and was broadly angry that I was trying to turn it into a standalone rpg. There's more details, but this covers the bulk of it.

Last edited: