• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/downton-abbey-movie

At least that is the takeaway from four new character posters, which show Mary (Michelle Dockery), newly lucky-in-love Edith (Laura Carmichael), Andy (Michael C. Fox), and Thomas Barrow (Rob James-Collier) making a few final touch-ups before greeting guests.

The cast is rounded out by Hugh Bonneville, Brendan Coyle, Kevin Doyle, Joanne Froggatt, Matthew Goode, Harry Hadden-Paton, David Haig, Geraldine James, Simon Jones, Phyllis Logan, Elizabeth McGovern, Sophie McShera, Tuppence Middleton, Stephen Campbell Moore, Lesley Nicol, Kate Phillips, Maggie Smith, Imelda Staunton, and Penelope Wilton.

DA_Mary.jpg
DA_Edith.jpg
DA_Andy.jpg

DA_Barrow.jpg

I loved this show when it was airing. It was just so addicting. I think I lasted 5-6 seasons before I fizzled out. Knowing there is a movie coming out makes me want to finish the series? Is it worth it? How did everyone feel about the show? I'm like weirdly stoked for this and hope it's good.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I dont think I can ever get over the show for how it ended things with Matthew Crawley

dying in a old timey-wimey car accident driving 25 mph probably, while Mary is pregnant... come the fuck on, sooooo laaaame

and generally getting me to weirdly not give a damn about Bates's murder mystery arc. Did he do it? Didn't he? MAYBE. But maybe not. (x8 episodes). How else can we make shit tragic for the Bates to use his and Anna's sad theme song.

.... But I am in for Maggie Smith.

PS: RIP Isis, the most unfortunately named dog to be in a show in 2014. I always loved seeing your fuzzy butt in every opening shot. Good dog.
giphy.gif

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think I can ever get over the show for how it ended things with Matthew Crawley

dying in a old timey-wimey car accident driving 25 mph probably, while Mary is pregnant... come the fuck on, sooooo laaaame

and generally getting me to weirdly not give a damn about Bates's murder mystery arc. Did he do it? Didn't he? MAYBE. But maybe not. (x8 episodes). How else can we make shit tragic for the Bates to use his and Anna's sad theme song.

PS: RIP Isis, the most unfortunately named dog to be in a show in 2014. I always loved seeing your fuzzy butt in every opening shot. Good dog.
giphy.gif
The dog passed away? Aww.

Also, them olde timey cars were dangerous as shit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably the best orchestrated opening theme music ever, and Michelle Dockery deserves all the rewards for those first two seasons.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

giphy.gif
I actually stopped watching just after Crawley left the show. What a lame way to go.

daft_cat

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I always thought Downton Abbey was a spin off of Gosford Park. Apparently it was just inspired by it - different characters, etc.

It's an excellent film. The last great work by the legendary director Robert Altman and similar in feel. If any fans of Downton haven't seen it, it'll definitely hold you over until this.

Nov 27, 2017
I loved this show when it was airing. It was just so addicting. I think I lasted 5-6 seasons before I fizzled out. Knowing there is a movie coming out makes me want to finish the series? Is it worth it? How did everyone feel about the show? I'm like weirdly stoked for this and hope it's good.

There were only 6 total, so you may as well finish it. I was into it for a bit. I'll definitely see the movie.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Let Thomas be gay, happy, and in love, you heartless ghouls.

Also, don't you dare fuck up Edith's marriage.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe they can fix Mary's ending. It would have been so much more fitting if Tom and her ended up together after they both had lost their first loves and they grew together throughout the last seasons of the show.
https://www.hypable.com/in-defense-of-a-downton-abbey-mary-tom-romance/

Introducing this new guy at the end and then having her literally just fall over herself for him and rush to marry him felt so forced and they had no chemistry.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Series 1 was brilliant. Series 2 was drivel. Series 3 was awkward. Series 4 was diabolical. Series 5 was unwatchable. Series 6 was.... was there a series 6???

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Never got into the series much but I've visited Highclere Castle a couple of times.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I never understood why this was even a thing.

I liked part of it, but then it just felt like nonsense when it focused on Master Bates and his lowly bride. Hated those two.