• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
AMLsbcD.png

OP
OP
Kudo

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
No sign of Wahikos game this year, guess Hack9Android is all we get for this year.
Still hoping for that Steam (or something) version of GHost9Solid.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Trolling.
All garbage.

e: all amazing. S+++ solely fot effort

Last edited:

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
These compilation videos are unironically the best part of the holidays for me.

I love watching them and marveling at all that stuff that is coming over there.

And seeing some games from Comiket coming over to Steam and consoles is even more delivghtful -- like that crab action game and Sakuna, rice farmer beat em up.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing these every year. Comiket games are a very interesting side to japanese fan/indie game development that is rarely paid attention to outside of japan.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
They may not be the pinnacle of gaming but the people that make these work hard and are passionate at what they do.
So if that's garbage then you are a irrevocable pile of manure seeing as all you can muster is a shit post.
I can also muster like 15 of these exact comiket trailer threads on here and neogaf. I can all games bad without having there be some implied developer insult attached to it.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
Timestamps for games that caught my eye:

17:20 mirror edge clone!
26:55 hype crimzon clover-style shmup
40:15 impossible machine or more like automachef, factorio

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
The Flying Pancake Octopus in Blackhole and Cambria Sword are getting updates (exclusively?) for C97. Cambria getting 3 bosses it seems like on another separate stage 6? SO gonna be Stage 6, Stage 6+, and Stage 6 - lol. It's already a meaty enough game for a shmup but I'll welcome even more length.

5CWSGNT.png

Appears on the compilation at 41:30 but here's single trailer, looks really interesting, kind of SimCity-like.
Puzzle game by the same developer is being released on Steam/Switch by the name of Treehouse Riddle.

Can you provide timestamp?

Yea that game caught my eye as well.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I can also muster like 15 of these exact comiket trailer threads on here and neogaf. I can all games bad without having there be some implied developer insult attached to it.
You could of just ignored the thread but you decide suck up space with your nonconstructive, completely pointless, and negative comment.
Timestamps for games that caught my eye:

17:20 mirror edge clone!
26:55 hype crimzon clover-style shmup
40:15 impossible machine or more like automachef, factorio
The Mirror's Edge inspired one also caught my eye and that shmup also looks really good! I hope they come to Steam to give them a try.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I still think the Doujin Soft scene is nowhere as awesome as it was in the 2000's, when it was more Arcade-style centric. So many cool games every month in that era, especially in the years 2007/8.

There are some interesting STG here though.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The Flying Pancake Octopus in Blackhole and Cambria Sword are getting updates (exclusively?) for C97. Cambria getting 3 bosses it seems like on another separate stage 6? SO gonna be Stage 6, Stage 6+, and Stage 6 - lol. It's already a meaty enough game for a shmup but I'll welcome even more length.

5CWSGNT.png

Yea that game caught my eye as well.
As a fan of both of those games I'm glad to see them getting updates but I really hope the new content is only a timed Comiket exclusive.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Is Territoire EVER going to come out? I've been waiting since I beat Recettear when it was first released.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, always fun to see these. Would be interested in playing:

Genie Girl STG ver.C97
LightRide
Magic Potion Millionaire
Blue Sabres Early Mission
Archetype of the End
The Flying Pancake Octopus in Blackhole
Rolling Gunner Over Power (Think I saw that this is coming to switch as well a while back, wonder if over power will make it to the physical version)
Cambria Sword
Pianoforte ( think I saw this in last years set of trailers too).

I really don't keep up with this scene very well, I hardly ever end up playing any of this stuff unless it gets picked up for console release. :/

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is the context for these games? Just upcoming Japanese indie games? Are they generally for mobile or consoles/PC?

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
What is the context for these games? Just upcoming Japanese indie games? Are they generally for mobile or consoles/PC?

Basically upcoming Japanese indie games which will be on sale as small print-run titles at Winter Comiket next week, the event which is usually (at least a little unfairly) portrayed as being nothing but a den of amateur comic smut. Some of this stuff will be available online or elsewhere later, some of it probably won't. Mostly stuff made by very small teams as a side-hustle, which is why there is often a bunch of pretty weird stuff.

Hey, I'll probably be at Comiket, so I'm probably try and grab at least a few of these.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Japanese Indies, majority is for PC but there was at least Hack9Android for mobile, which is port of PC game.

See I wouldn't call dojin soft indie because they're more like games built by hobbyist developers working for free. Where as an indie dev is a commercial studio working with a budget.

Which is why calling it garbage is extremely unfair and just plain rude. These are people making games out of passion with no real hope of major sales.

OP
OP
Kudo

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
See I wouldn't call dojin soft indie because they're more like games built by hobbyist developers working for free. Where as an indie dev is a commercial studio working with a budget.

Which is why calling it garbage is extremely unfair and just plain rude. These are people making games out of passion with no real hope of major sales.
Good points and I agree.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Rolling Gunner Over Power (Think I saw that this is coming to switch as well a while back, wonder if over power will make it to the physical version)

The Over Power expansion is currently only going to be available as an expansion to the physical PC version distributed via download code, but they plan to produce new physical versions with all the content. Switch will get Over Power eventually but they're saying it'll happen much later.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The Over Power expansion is currently only going to be available as an expansion to the physical PC version distributed via download code, but they plan to produce new physical versions with all the content. Switch will get Over Power eventually but they're saying it'll happen much later.

Yeah, the reason I wonder is because the switch physical was supposed to be out this month, and there's not much of this month left. Makes me wonder if they've delayed it to put the DLC on cart.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

The games have gotten progressively worse looking every year as more become 3D. Just google the title of the thread and replace the number with a lesser one to see I don't hate every game.

people pearl clutching as if calling comiket games bad is some assault on the solo Japanese developer. keep the same attitude online whenever any piece of multimediais insulted.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The games have gotten progressively worse looking every year as more become 3D. Just google the title of the thread and replace the number with a lesser one to see I don't hate every game.

people pearl clutching as if calling comiket games bad is some assault on the solo Japanese developer. keep the same attitude online whenever any piece of multimediais insulted.
Given how high quality the shmup at 33 minutes looks, I highly doubt you watched the entire video.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Maybe put some effort into your posts instead of a drive-by insult.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually talking about the one that comes right after the Blue Sabres trailer. It's around the 27:40 mark.

Ah, this one?

It's 終焉のアーキタイプ, "Archetype of the End".

Looks like Akiragoya won't be distributing it at comiket as the story and menus aren't done yet. There's a demo on the site if you're interested, and you can buy his previous games on steam.

Just be careful as quite a few of his games are lewd (think one of them had vagina monsters). I _think_ I've linked to one that is not, but....at your own risk lol:

--edit

lol, I just downloaded the Archetype demo and there are risque images of women on the title screen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, this one?

It's 終焉のアーキタイプ, "Archetype of the End".

Looks like Akiragoya won't be distributing it at comiket as the story and menus aren't done yet. There's a demo on the site if you're interested, and you can buy his previous games on steam.

Just be careful as quite a few of his games are lewd (think one of them had vagina monsters). I _think_ I've linked to one that is not, but....at your own risk lol:

--edit

lol, I just downloaded the Archetype demo and there are risque images of women on the title screen.

Thanks. I will pick up Steel Vampire since it's on sale. Unfortunately... I did not read your edit. My partner was next to me enjoying some coffee when that first image popped up. She actually burst out laughing. It went a lot better than I had thought it would play out.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I will pick up Steel Vampire since it's on sale. Unfortunately... I did not read your edit. My partner was next to me enjoying some coffee when that first image popped up. She actually burst out laughing. It went a lot better than I had thought it would play out.

Yeah, looks like even though it's labelled as Archetype it's a joint demo for Archetype of the End *and* "Yakouga 9", which turns out to be one of his pervy games.

ah, the joys of doujinshi

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Maidens of a Hollow Dream is damn good imo.
(Once you get past the fact that nobody wears any pants)

Akiragoya is one of the few devs out there who can work with RPG mechanics in shmups.

Steel Vampire is also great. I'd link to my review, but the Steam store page already has one.