• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's good reason why they skipped it, Bowser inside story heavily relies on the duel screen set up and can't be realistically be remade without redesigning the game to work on a single screen. Plus it was the best selling Mario and Luigi game.

Partners in Time, however doesn't really use the whole duel screen set up. So it can be remade on the Switch, should they ever opt to do it.
They skipped it because they would have to make new assets for the baby characters. 2 isn't coming to Switch.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why is he talking about supporting the 3DS when it isn't even sold anymore?
It's in stock on Amazon (US and Canada) right now. Maybe you meant actual "3DS" systems (excluding 2DS models)? If so, yeah those aren't regularly stocked in most places anymore because the 2DS models are more popular due to lower prices.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a little kid who's like 6 or 7 years old, a 3DS at $80 is not a bad option at all to get them introduced to Nintendo IPs. The games are still perfectly fine and the library is massive and the system is durable.

Not everyone can afford to be giving their 6/7/8 year olds $200-$300 dollar birthday gifts.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I fully expect the 3DS to stick around until Nintendo can manage a $199 Switch SKU.

The 2DS is a killer deal. There's a metric fuckton of games for the platform and everyone needs to have owned or played one at least once in their life.

Meanwhile I just wish they'd throw us a Wii U eShop sale every now and again. If the 360 and PS3 are still getting software sales, there's no excuse for the Wii U. Harumph.

I take my 3ds everywhere, something that can't be said about my Switch. I wouldn't be mad if they made some more games through 2020.

Yeah, the 3DS is still king in the portability department. It folds up nice and neat into a small wallet size whereas the Switch is like porting around a cafeteria tray.

The long and short of it is that the 3DS is pocketable, the Switch is not.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I take my 3ds everywhere, something that can't be said about my Switch. I wouldn't be mad if they made some more games through 2020.

Yeah I'm like one of 5 people still actively attempting to collect street passes. Still a bunch of Mii games I have yet to complete since the second and final round of them take a loooooong time. I still also need to get someone from Washington DC (I was there last year too and got nothing...) and need 3 birthdays. I'll keep going with it till then end when it finally goes offline!

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stores can stock 3DS for a couple more years really.

Even at $199.99 a Switch Mini is still likely to be larger than a 3DS folded up and far more expensive. A 6 year old doesn't need a Nintendo Switch, it's more game system than they can handle.

If Nintendo is fine selling NES and SNES' again, there's nothing wrong with stocking 3DS'. Games like Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon are perfectly enjoyable.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Well it's definitely a good deal for kids wanting to play some Mario or Pokemon
You could get a bundle for real cheap

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
The 3DS is dead!

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's amazing how well that machine did despite everyone and their dogs resenting the core gimmick of the system.

Not me though, I sometimes miss the 3D when playing of Switch.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
The majority of my gaming time has occurred on psp/vita and the DS/3DS over the last decade plus.

I've always collected handhelds before but the last two gens really pulled me in and fit my lifestyle.

As a handheld only switch leaves me just not caring to use it much, so it's a bit sad to know the end is coming for the traditional model of a handheld.

Hopefully one of the revisions coming address battery and size, currently it gives me game gear vibes carrying it around and I end up going back to my vita/3ds backlog.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Dissing an entire system when it's on its death bed just because you didn't get a few games on you preferred console is some next-level port begging lol

I hate the 3DS because the hardware sucks while having an amazing library. So, to play said amazing library, I have to deal with godawful, uncomfortable hardware.

This doubly sucks since my favorite franchise got three 3DS installments, which means I have to keep the stupid thing around indefinitely.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I hate the 3DS because the hardware sucks while having an amazing library. So, to play said amazing library, I have to deal with godawful, uncomfortable hardware.

This doubly sucks since my favorite franchise got three 3DS installments, which means I have to keep the stupid thing around indefinitely.

Which system do you have? You should try a 2DS or New 2DS XL if it's a comfort issue.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance. Good run, but has felt old and limited forever. Also, anyone who thought the Switch wasn't replacing it was kidding themselves.

I'm so happy to see Nintendo development rallying behind one, focused platform. Paying dividends already imo.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
This reminds me, I need a replacement system one of these days. My OG 3DS had a good run.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Which system do you have? You should try a 2DS or New 2DS XL if it's a comfort issue.

I have a n2DS XL actually. It is admittedly more comfortable than my OG 3DS but the resolution still sucks obviously and the n2DS XL has flaws of its own like the stupid short stylus.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
The day 3DS is officially dead will be the most glorious Nintendo news day in over a decade. System felt outdated the day I got it at launch back in 2011.

thelostone

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
This isn't surprising at all. Samus Returns was the last big first-party title for the system and that was nearly 2 years ago. Nintendo's just been milking the last few drops they can since.

Bloody good run, though, especially considering how the console started.

Dissing an entire system when it's on its death bed just because you didn't get a few games on you preferred console is some next-level port begging lol
it's a hunk of plastic

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Well, RIP my dreams of seeing a rerelease of VB Wario Land and Mario Clash I guess.

Still love that system. The day they turn off the eShop will be a dark day indeed, though I don't expect that to happen any time in the near future.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
xXE4EQe.jpg

Edit: I came late to the game for 3DS. Already own 30 games (Ebay has some killer used deals) now as well as a handfull of DS games. Its freaking awesome!

Oct 25, 2017
I still bring my 3DS with me in my pocket, in the vain hope of getting the Streetpass Nokos in Yo-kai Watch 3. I've only had two YW3 hits since I got the game on release day....

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway

Well, there is a upcoming new 3DS exclusive survival horror game called Silver Falls, that is still set to release digitally.
It actually looks quite promising, featuring both a story mode and a seemingly quite fleshed out and robust mercenaries like mode with leveling and skills etc.
Just a shame it's a New3DS exclusive. Can't imagine that many people are still on the lookout for digital games on the 3DS. Especially new3DS exclusive ones.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
The guy at the GameStop told me the other day that they no longer get 3DS systems sent to them from Nintendo, they are only getting a slow trickle of 2DS systems. Coupled with not many people trading in 3DS systems they are having a shortage on them right now. A lot of people looking for one, not many that they keep in stock.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
The guy at the GameStop told me the other day that they no longer get 3DS systems sent to them from Nintendo, they are only getting a slow trickle of 2DS systems. Coupled with not many people trading in 3DS systems they are having a shortage on them right now. A lot of people looking for one, not many that they keep in stock.

Has been that way since forever now. "3DS" is 2DS and New 2DS now.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Every now and then I'm tempted to get that yellow & red Mario Maker 2DS bundle. I see a few at Best Buy every time I'm in there, but I have a N3DS I use personally plus a spare in a closet, so it'd be a waste.

Wish that Animal Crossing 2DSXL was released in the states; my wife has been lusting after it for months. Fucking region locking.

Last edited:

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I recently downsized to a New 3DS from a New 3DS XL and randomly scored one with dual IPS screens (most come with the shittier TN screens so yay for me). I think it'll be seeing some periodic use for possibly a few more years to come from me personally, it's still a super practical design for portability.