• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
2020: Switch Pro, PlayStation 5, Xbox Scarlett

What an interesting year it'll be.

Nov 5, 2017
Damn! And here I thought I could get a Switch Pro for the holidays to play Link's Awakening and Pokemon in silky smooth 60fps...especially for Link's Awakening as people who played the E3 Demo repeatedly noted that the game lags in the open world...

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I kinda wanted them to wait until 2020 for the Pro anyway. It will be a bigger hardware upgrade that way.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I would imagine Switch Pro will be a bigger upgrade than expected since it's releasing alongside PS5 and Scarlett now.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Damn! And here I thought I could get a Switch Pro for the holidays to play Link's Awakening and Pokemon in silky smooth 60fps...especially for Link's Awakening as people who played the E3 Demo repeatedly noted that the game lags in the open world...
They played an unfinished game. Could be smooth 60 by the time it releases.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"Please keep buying the current model and pretend you didn't hear rumors about a better model coming soon."

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Nintendo not making the same mistake of having way too many SKUs on the market at one time. Do you wanna home console? Grab a Switch. Do you want a portable system? Grab a Switch Lite

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
If BOTW2 is launching in 2020 then I could see it being a launch title for Switch Pro.

Nov 5, 2017
I kinda wanted them to wait until 2020 for the Pro anyway. It will be a bigger hardware upgrade that way.

So much hardware rumors for next year, it's gonna be crazy!
  • Nvidia's Ampere architecture
  • Nintendo's Switch Pro
  • Sony's PS5
  • Microsoft's Xbox Scarlett
  • Intel's Xe GPU
  • Apple's ARM-based Macbook
2020 is looking insane, just in terms of hardware announcements alone!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda misleading. We talked about it in another thread, but it's hard to tell what part of that quote comes from the article writer and what part comes from Doug Bowser. If Bowser says "the larger Switch won't get an upgrade right now" that doesn't mean it isn't necessarily happening this year.

Also it's weird that this is the only source of Bowser saying this when a whole bunch of other articles popped up today. I'd be a bit wary about treating this as confirmed info.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think there's a chance they might quietly sneak the new CPU into all Switch units going forward?

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't doubt that the Pro will be released alongside a visually impressive game, like BOTW 2

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Didn't most of us expect this?

Either way, I guess the Switch Pro will probably be next year.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is kinda misleading. We talked about it in another thread, but it's hard to tell what part of that quote comes from the article writer and what part comes from Doug Bowser. If Bowser says "the larger Switch won't get an upgrade right now" that doesn't mean it isn't necessarily happening this year.

Also it's weird that this is the only source of Bowser saying this when a whole bunch of other articles popped up today. I'd be a bit wary about treating this as confirmed info.
Yeah we need a direct quote.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think there's a chance they might quietly sneak the new CPU into all Switch units going forward?

We have explicit confirmation that the Lite uses a new more efficient chip. It's almost certainly the same one that will be in the pro, assuming the pro is indeed being manufactured now.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything new this year besides the Mini. Pro next year with a D-Pad Joycon, finally, please... I know he's said they're not planning to release one, but they really should.
I really hope the Switch Pro is a nice upgrade, I'll retire my current Switch as a portable if so.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
  • Nintendo's Switch Pro
  • Sony's PS5
  • Intel's Xe GPU
Man, thats a lot of gaming hardware. My budget is gonna be tight with just the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Upgraded Switch will just replace the current model - dont think it will have a different name.

Switch (2017)
Switch (2019/20)

Different name would only be needed if they were keeping the regular one on Shelves - i doubt that gonna be the case.

A "real" Switch Pro akin to a PS4Pro or One X probably wont happen before 2021.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
  • Nintendo's Switch Pro
  • Sony's PS5
  • Intel's Xe GPU

Also the Ryzen 4000 Quad-Threading rumour, if that turns out to be true.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I can feel safe buying a regular Switch for Dragon Quest then. That makes me happy. I'd consider the Switch Lite but I've gotta play Smash on a TV or no fuckin' deal.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp... Guess I can finally buy new JoyCon then. It was either that or buying the "Pro" model, but I'm not waiting another year as mine are getting weird.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Pro will be out before Summer 2020, would be suicide to release it near PS5/Scarlett

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so curious what the costs are going to be for tech hardware in 2020. It's going to be a very different landscape with the tax situation applied to most companies and Brexit for the UK.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Once they sell enough Lites, then they release the PRO!