• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Double Posts are

• Horrible, they should be actioned with swiftness after a profuse apology

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not a big deal man, it's cool, no biggie. Not a big deal man, it's cool, no biggie.

Votes: 138 81.2%
  • I'm very serious and think they really should be avoided but just silently judged, forever

Votes: 18 10.6%

• Total voters

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I saw someone apologizing for a double post and I'm kind of feeling like why, what's the big deal? Editing posts is such a drag, if you have a second thought someone probably replied already on this fire and forget discussion board. Do you think double posts should be against the rules?

I'd dare you to get a double post in this thread (that isn't like 10 days later, necrobumping is way more lame dude), but maybe that would sink Era's servers. Please post responsibly and only post quality, deserved content.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
One time on a forum i had like 10 copies of a post made because of bad internet. It was pretty funny.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I used to apologize for double posts a lot, then I realized the apologizing is more annoying than the double posting

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of wish this forum just combined posts made by the same user if they're immediately after one another.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I try to avoid double posting personally but it's not a big deal.

Triple posting though? Quadruple posting?

1kt4n3ljhc451.jpg

Jun 14, 2019
To me, a double post is posting the same thing twice. As in, doubly posting.

In all other instances, barring obviously egregious behavior, I don't give one single fuck if you post back to back on a topic. Not one shit.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Double posting is illegal and any infractions will be swiftly dealt with.

Thank you for understanding.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from older forums, so I think they should be used sparingly, mostly for jokes.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I try not to double post even if I have more shit to say. I'll just condense it all into one big post that is probably way too difficult for one individual to respond to just their part but so be it.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
It's scary to post in this thread. What if the forum glitches and this gets posted twice?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I edit and apologize if it's literally the same post that I accidentally submitted twice because of bad internet or something. But making a new post that's right after my previous, I really don't care about lol.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
If you have two separate things to say, then why not
If someone wants to quote just one of your comments, it's easier on that person if they are separate