• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• Single

Votes: 153 18.9%
  • Double

Votes: 481 59.5%
  • Triple

Votes: 174 21.5%

• Total voters

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking can't with the taste buds of some of you people. Gotta go do breathing exercises and repeat the mantra "They've just been fed trash which informs their trash opinions, it's not their fault, it's not their fault" to lower my BP.
Big mac? Smash burgers being dry? Double patty blanket statement of "disgusting"? Demands for more bread? It hurts. Mind, body and soul.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
A big Mac is like they took a double Patty burger and said "you know what this needs more of? Filler." And slapped a leftover bun in there.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine actually having such a bad take.

Double or nothing plus bacon and avocado. Eat your heart out OP.

That said I eat Whataburger. I think the patties are relatively thin compared to the competition?

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I think double patty is the way to go in a situation where have to cook the beef past a certain doneness (for food safety reasons or whatever). I would agree that past a certain total weight of meat—maybe ~1/2 lb., or even a little less—you've thrown the meat-to-bun ratio out of whack in a way I don't really like, but that applies whether that weight is made up of one patty or multiple. At least with multiple you're trading some overcooked interior meat for extra crust (and probably some extra cheese between).

They do not taste better. They are dried out because they are too thin to retain juices in the meat.

If you have to cook a burger to well-done regardless, I think you might as well have double the Maillard browning and then compensate for the moisture loss with cheese between the patties and/or starting with a higher-fat beef blend.

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All this Big Mac hate hurts my soul. That sauce is just toooo good
It's basically 1000 island dressing. I worked at Pizza Hut in my younger days and we would make Big Mac pizza on occasion by using 1000 island dressing for sauce, topping with cheddar and beef, and then after cooking topping with shredded lettuce, onion, and chopped pickle. It's actually really good and I kind of want to make it now.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Speaking of this they have the Giga Mac back again right now in Japan. Usually comes around once or twice per year. Wish it was regular menu! 1059 kcal of pure goodness.

giga-bigmac2019_ex.jpg

www.mcdonalds.co.jp

ビッグマック | McDonald's Japan

今度のビッグマックはかわいい。「ビッグマックジュニア®」が期間限定で登場! さらに、グランドサイズの「グランドビッグマック®」と数量限定“ギガサイズ”の「ギガビッグマック®」も…!

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP has never had a Freddy's/Culver's/Steak n Shake burger. Double is the standard for them single is too small.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Double cheeseburgers and triple cheese burgers are amazing when the patties are thinners, there is cheese and sauce in between the patties, the buns are the right size and the toppings are right. Thinner patties are easier to cook without having a pink center or burnt surface. Putting sauces and toppings in between patties adds to the flavor of the patties.

Nov 11, 2017
Why does everything have to be either the best thing ever or totally garbage on the internet. 'I like burgers but a when the meat is split into two separate pieces it's disgusting.' Like, what? There are single patty burgers with more beef than some double patty burgers. What is it about the mere idea of a second patty that so offends?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The more patties, the better.

I've never been a fan of the big Mac, but the double quarter pounder with cheese is awesome.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The Big Mac is the only double burger you like? What? Why the hell do want MORE bread with their burgers? Plus McDonald's smaller burger patties suck. Much better off getting a Quarter Pounder with the Big Mac sauce.