• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

?

• Single

Votes: 153 18.9%
  • Double

Votes: 481 59.5%
  • Triple

Votes: 174 21.5%

• Total voters

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PracticalGrippingCanine-size_restricted.gif

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
McDonald double-cheese-burger is the perfect fast food burger.

'Uh the mcdoubles the same thing'. No it isn't pay attention.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Most fast food patties are so thin you pretty much need two to really call it a burger.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I can't answer the poll because it depends on the size of the patties

I'd rather have a ¼ pounder from McDonalds than a double ¼ pounder yet 4x4s from In-N-Out are pretty dope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
You said the "except the Big Mac" but the Double Double exists and is so so much better.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Always double. Sometimes I'll triple diwn at Wendy's or Steak & Shake. Typically just a single from road side family restaurants if I'm not familiar. The last time I had 5 guys I had two doubles.

I don't go for most toppings besides cheese though. Maybe ketchup, maybe tomato.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who goes triple patty or higher on the regular is probably a serial killer tbh

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4x4 mustard fried patties chopped grilled onions chopped chilies w/ spread

dont @ me

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I hear you with some burgers out there, OP.

But In N Out's Double Double alone makes your absolute statement false.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
it really depends

in n out you get at least a double double, that's the law
but something like mcdonalds i enjoy their basic cheeseburger

Deleted member 18192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big Mac? Seriously?

Big Macs are basically about the sauce anyway lol. They're that terrible. Test it out. Remove the beef patties and have the burger without them. You would not be able to tell the difference lol.

The trick with big Mac's is too eat them in two halves, tastes completely different than eating as a whole

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Double Double from In-N-Out is the only one I get these days. I've tried the 3x3 from there too when I found out about the secret menu but that felt excessive

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Double patty burgers are the way to go. I think triple patties or anything more than that is excessive though. When there's more meat than bread it's too much.

Oct 27, 2017
A single patty is enough. More is just adding unneeded calories.
When I eat out (which isn't often) I get a hamburger at McDonald's because at 250 calories that'll do.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like all places serve the same size. Mcd are razor thin, you need double to get what it used to taste like. The slice of bread is thicker than the patty on the Big Mac.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer single as well. Better flavor, closer to what the original the burger was intended to taste like if that makes sense.

And op is right about the big mac. Even the mega mac tastes weird.

I would rather eat 2 mcdonalds cheeseburgers than a double cheeseburger.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Double? Give me a triple any day. I want my hands just soaked in grease by the end of it. The McDonalds double and triple cheeseburgers are the only reasons I sometimes go there.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too many exceptions. The problem with double patties is when the patties are thick, that's what throws off the balance, but any burger with thin patties works just fine with two or three. McD's double cheeseburger is great, so are In-N-Out's double double and Jack's Triple Bonus Jack.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree. Double cheeseburger is my go to at McDonalds.

Bacon double cheeseburger from Burger King is my ultimate guilty pleasure though. I usually only get it in airports when I'm exhausted travelling, and it's always so fucking good.

But I will say though that I found a burger joint one night that let you add an extra patty for $1 (or something minimal anyway). I got a turkey burger and went for the double and... it was gross. It really depends on the type of patty but it was far too much turkey.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
The vast majority of things from McDonald's are disgusting

Except for the M&Ms McFlurry

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Only time I want a single patty is if it equals your usual two.

Double patty all the way

Triple on those days I feel like scum.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
1) All McDonalds burgers are terrible compared to fast food counterparts
2) A double patty is real fine sometimes

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me want burgers. Now I'm gonna go pick up some patties and make a couple doubles. You couldnt have been more wrong OP.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Mostly agree, but some places do it well.

five guys comes to mind.

Typical fast food, though? absolutely not.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the place. At Shake Shack or In-N-Out I like double patties. In many places that use thicker patties then I agree that one is often better than two.