• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• Single

Votes: 153 18.9%
  • Double

Votes: 481 59.5%
  • Triple

Votes: 174 21.5%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Single patty only. Encapsulates the right taste with the bread, toppings, and the meat itself.

Double patties - the double meat just drowns out all the other aspects of the burger. I don't understand how people enjoy this. (The Big Mac is the only exception though, but probably due to how it's structured.)

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed; every time I do Five Guys, I get a Little Burger because of the better topping parity

Also because, not having a gall bladder, it is often too much meat to take in otherwise

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
In n outs double double animal style is the bees knees.

Heck, even a double meat protein style is yummy.

And like you said, the Big Mac and double quarter pounder...

too many great tasting double meat hamburgers to support your "disgusting" theory

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed; every time I do Five Guys, I get a Little Burger because of the better topping parity

Also because, not having a gall bladder, it is often too much meat to take in otherwise

Yeah just had Five Guys today. It's what prompted this thread. The double patty messed it up. Would have preferred just a single patty.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Double burgers are amazing, Five Guys have shit buns which makes the whole thing fall apart. That's a fault with Five Guys not with double patties.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
You are just wrong. A burger designed around one patty that just has another slapped in there...okay. That is a sin. But a double patty burger built around two patties is the fruit of the gods. You admit it yourself, as the Big Mac is such a burger. You just haven't had enough of such burgers.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I always get the double double when I go to In n Out. Soooo yummy. In fact, I might go there tomorrow now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
smash the patties, caramelize the meat, slice of cheese on top of each patty, place one on top of the other

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
wherethebeef.PNG

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Going home to have a KFC Triple Stacker to spite this thread.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mar 27, 2018
I don't mind the standard (double burger) from Five Guys, I think the individual patties are thin enough that the ratio between bun and meat is preserved.

That being said, I often get their single patty burgers because I'm not hungry enough for two patties

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Double patties - the double meat just drowns out all the other aspects of the burger. I don't understand how people enjoy this.
1-Whether this argument makes any sense in the first place depends heavily on unstated factors such as the thickness of the patties.

2-If the burger is designed around two patties, rather than being a single-patty burger with an extra patty, there's no reason that this should be the case.

3-If the patties are good, their domination of a burger isn't necessarily a problem anyway.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Big Mac? Seriously?

Big Macs are basically about the sauce anyway lol. They're that terrible. Test it out. Remove the beef patties and have the burger without them. You would not be able to tell the difference lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Go to Shake Shack, Whataburger or Culvers, the meat to sandwich ratio is more right

Also reminds me this is a thing right now

Jack-In-The-Box-new-Quad-Bonus-Jack.jpg

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Screw that! More meat! That's the old me that used to be 230 pounds talking lol. The new 160 pound me misses the quad stacker from Burger King.. but knows there is no way I could eat that much and not puke.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
There's room for both. Baconators and Big Macs are built around 2 patties. 1/2 lb fast food burgers being 2 patties with the same amount of other stuff is lame. Five Guys double is good because of the strong condiments they offer like lots of raw onions and mustard. For some reason I like my value menu burgers to be doubles. I can't handle triples.

Grilling at home, I prefer to form one thicker patty over two thinner ones that get stacked.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just trying to picture what kind of life you lead that you decided to make a thread titled "Double patty burgers are disgusting (except the big mac)".

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
A triple I can understand, as I only eat those when I want a pick-me-up of meat and nothing else. But the double? As if single is a sane option for anyone wanting more than a sandwich with a sliver of meat strewn through it?

It's a hamburger. I expect to find hamburger inside of it, not a potato chip's worth of protein alongside wheat and whatever basic, barely fresh toppings you've got going on top of it it. Get your priorities straight, people...

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
The only reason I eat double patties is because I'm hungry. But I think single patties get you the perfect balance of the designed flavor of the entire burger, unless the burger was designed with two in mind, or you go to a bad burger place.

So if the two patties are bad they become good?
I think if you go to a crappy place, the flavor of the 'single patty-designed burger' doesn't matter at all so just get as much meat as you want to get full and forget savoring the taste like what op wants.

Last edited:

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
People want thicc meet but not two beefs. Some people smash the meat and other prefer two meats. But I like to smash two beefs rather than one thicc smash.