• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Gotta say that for as glad as I am that all these games are now available in English, the supplementary materials in this collection are seriously lacking. I think a lot of these games need more explanation than what the Control Manual menu section provides.

For example, the description of the changes for the Quality Up version of Nekketsu Dodgeball Club talks about all these changes to what shots you can do depending on what your shot tech stat is, but there is no way to see those stats anywhere in this game that I can find (I assume the original game's manual listed this). It also mentions multiple types of shots that the control manual says nothing about.

Other games could use additional explanation of mechanics, such as what each stat means, or certain things you are able to do that might not be evident just from knowing the controls (for example, in Dunk Heroes, plugging up the opponent's basket with the stepladder so they can't score, or breaking off a hoop and stacking it on top of one of your own hoops to get extra points).

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying this despite the overlap with some of the games being just regional re-skins.

Also, I really like the enhanced mode that removes the severe flickering that plagued so many of these games. It's nice to have the option to play them as they were back then or slightly enhanced.

I'd really like to see a 16-bit collection next so hopefully this does okay.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So a lot of the games in this collection were just released individually on Xbox for $4.99 each.

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
So a lot of the games in this collection were just released individually on Xbox for $4.99 each.
www.gematsu.com

Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle and Jake Hunter Detective Story: Prism of Eyes titles due out standalone on April 16 in Japan

Arc System Works will mass release titles from its Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle and Jake Hunter Detective Story: Prism of Eyes collections as standalone digital games on Apri…

They're releasing the games in the collection individually on PS4 and XB1 in Japan. I guess that's how they planned to release them in the west for the Xbox.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Lineup should be the same. Japanese home screen background for comparison (has all the same games):

b9YJJua.gif
Awesome!

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Just saw that on Xbox Live, THEY ARE CRAZY. I'd much rather play the original version of the DD games.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I kinda hope Steam gets the games standalone too. Didn't the JP compilation get announced for steam, but nothing happened? Wonder if they'll fix that with these. Still, a bit of an oddball choice to do standalone releases since I'd figure most would just buy the compilation for the all-in-one deal.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I kinda hope Steam gets the games standalone too. Didn't the JP compilation get announced for steam, but nothing happened? Wonder if they'll fix that with these. Still, a bit of an oddball choice to do standalone releases since I'd figure most would just buy the compilation for the all-in-one deal.
I am curious if it'll stealth drop soon.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Yeah they're perfect ports of the NES versions.
They also have an additional "arranged" mode that tweak the difficulty, removes original NES glitches, etc.

Very good to hear, I'll pick these up. Out of interest are these only available individually on XB1? What about steam or switch or are those bundles only?

BuddyC

Oct 27, 2017
Very good to hear, I'll pick these up. Out of interest are these only available individually on XB1? What about steam or switch or are those bundles only?
Yeah, the individual games hit PlayStation 4 and Switch this week as well.

Actually, today.

www.nintendo.com

Games – My Nintendo Store – Nintendo Official site

Discover new video games for the Nintendo Switch™ system and the latest in sales and deals in the My Nintendo Store. Shop physical or digital games.
blog.us.playstation.com

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for April 14, 2020

Embark on an adventure of espionage, evil, and romance in Blind Men.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo World Cup alone makes tis a must buy. I would hope some of the flickering issues are fixed, makes NES dodgeball almost unplayable imo

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Seeing these released separately makes me a bit concerned the collection isn't selling well which means it could be far less likely that the physical version will come out.

I just hate how long it takes for some games to come out physically. Like I bought Blackbird the day it came out and now LR announced a physical copy 2 and a half years later and I would have bought that instantly instead. But I don't have money to buy these games multiple times. I get that it's not like they'd been planning it the whole time but it's frustrating. I mean I already spent the last year and a half debating on buying the physical Japanese version, I would just like to support the damn game without regretting it.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Seeing these released separately makes me a bit concerned the collection isn't selling well which means it could be far less likely that the physical version will come out.

I just hate how long it takes for some games to come out physically. Like I bought Blackbird the day it came out and now LR announced a physical copy 2 and a half years later and I would have bought that instantly instead. But I don't have money to buy these games multiple times. I get that it's not like they'd been planning it the whole time but it's frustrating. I mean I already spent the last year and a half debating on buying the physical Japanese version, I would just like to support the damn game without regretting it.
I wait now on EVERYTHING for physical. Everything I've wanted has come eventually, no matter how long a shot it seemed (eg Fairune, Golf Story, Yono, Snake Pass).

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad everyone gets a chance to play these classic games at an even better price! Here's hoping they bring the Xbox version over this way with a proper translation sometime soon. :(

Oct 25, 2017
This is the sale I was waiting for. Just played through all day. Now this is how you do a retro collection. Honestly this is even worth the full price to me but obviously I'm glad to get it for half off.