• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best kid obstacle course

• Double Dare

Votes: 61 29.5%
  • Fun House

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Legends of the hidden temple

Votes: 136 65.7%

• Total voters

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite in the day. Loved the pixel graphics

Also Guts, loved the Aggro Crag

Double Dare 3rd place. Love the style of Double Dare especially.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Double Dare because at least the final challenge wasn't as much of a shitshow as Legend's of the Hidden Temple's.

Yeah, sometimes people couldn't find a flag in a pile of slime, but at least no one had problems putting together a 3-piece puzzle.
Final challenge for Hidden Temple was so impossible. You also had the temple guard dudes that could just randomly jump out and eliminate you at any time. Although it made it seem more awesome when a team actually pulled it off.

Last edited:

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Even though Hidden Temple was a better show as a viewer, my favorite of the 3 was Double Dare. I even entered the contest where you submit your challenge ideas but I cannot remember what mine was. I am glad Wild & Crazy Kids and especially Guts were mentioned as those were real good, even better than the poll options.

Oct 31, 2017
Legends of the Hidden Temple, because I always wondered how in the hell they would make it out of there. Always got caught up on the silver monkey pieces. Plus the RNG when a guard would grab your partner, trippy.

OP
OP
refusi0n1

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I'd get so salty when they'd fail obstacle 1

Funhouse had that sweet waterfall I completely forgot about until I made this thread and would get annoyed when kids didn't make it that far

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
Didn't they admit that the Temple in Legends of the Hidden Temple was designed to make kids lose? It wasn't impossible, but the odds were stacked real high against the contestants?

Oct 27, 2017
Out of these it is Legends but Wild and Crazy Kids is my all time favorite nick gameshow thing, and you can't find episodes of it anywhere.
No idea why Nick doesn't have a service for the old GAS channel. Would sub to it and watch Guts, WaCK, and Legends.

OT: Legends is the winner hands down.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EXCmYxfXQAIzjx4

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
No idea why Nick doesn't have a service for the old GAS channel. Would sub to it and watch Guts, WaCK, and Legends.

OT: Legends is the winner hands down.
There is a channel on Pluto that is similar to/shows the same stuff that was on GAS (Nick games Ch 716) but I've never seen any WaCK on there.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Guts doesnt count because its "jock shit" LOLOLOL

Sure thing guy!

Guts was awesome but the one I always wanted to do was Wild and crazy kids. That one always seemed like a bunch of fun events, like a field day. I guess that was "jock shit" too though lolll

Oct 25, 2017
LotHT has a good start and end, but everything inbetween is kinda meh. DD's physical challenges and final course were always amusing.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Double Dare was good but Legends was on another level. I remember being legitimately terrified of the guys that would grab the contestants through the wall.

OP
OP
refusi0n1

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Guts doesnt count because its "jock shit" LOLOLOL

Sure thing guy!

Guts was awesome but the one I always wanted to do was Wild and crazy kids. That one always seemed like a bunch of fun events, like a field day. I guess that was "jock shit" too though lolll
utzTCyo_d.webp

But they did have a different vibe for me at least. I was probably a sucker for gimmicks and the aggro crag wasn't enough

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really know about Funhouse, but between Double Dare and Legends, it's pretty close for me. Loved both of these shows as a kid, Legends of the Hidden Temple especially. My favorite edition of Double Dare was definitely Super Sloppy Double Dare, felt like the best mix of 'raw' and 'produced' show production.

Also loved Wild & Crazy Kids when I was a kid too, but I don't think it holds up quite as well watching as an adult, where I think those other two do. Guts also holds up really well and I enjoyed it a lot as a kid too, but it always fell a bit lower in my rankings of these game shows. And with Guts, I definitely think it improved more over time as it found its footing, similar to Double Dare.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It would be impossible, but I'd pay a lot of money for a streaming service that showed entire blocks of 90's shows, in the best quality possible,, with commercials and all.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
It would be impossible, but I'd pay a lot of money for a streaming service that showed entire blocks of 90's shows, in the best quality possible,, with commercials and all.

this already exists in unofficial ways. the big one from a while back was nick reboot.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! That is awesome! That would work today I think.

Much of the original team were involved with making an episode for the Youtube Geek Week a few years ago. It was... okay, but you can tell where the seams are from it being just a one-off and constrained by budget.

Edit: Actually, I probably ought to share perhaps everyone's most memorable 'action sequence' of the show, the Corridor Of Blades.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Legends of the Hidden Temple was the only one of those I watched regularly, along with Guts and Nick Arcade, both of which I'm surprised aren't on this poll.

LotHT was fun, but it pissed me off how rigged it was with the temple guards, because there was no way to actually get by them without a token.