• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love watching Dota, five sequential Bo3 in a day is taking the piss.

Nigma may have got some good placements leading into and at TI, but they still don't look great and haven't for a while. Early days yet, so I hope they can work it out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bukovel Minor Jan 9-12
wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/WePlay/Bukovel_Minor/2020

format: Four day, eight team LAN. Two groups of 4 teams. GSL Bo3's eliminates bottom 2 teams in each group. Top 2 teams in each group advance to Bo3 double elimination playoffs with Bo5 Grand Final. Winner advances to Leipzig Major

strim:
https://www.twitch.tv/weplayesport_en

today: four Bo3 matches, one elimination, on one stream
t1578744000z1.png

UB1
1. RNG vs Nigma (Winner to UB Final, Loser to LB1)

2. Spirit vs Geekfam (Winner to UB Final, Loser to LB1)

LB1
3. Loser 1 vs Loser 2 (Winner to LB Final, Loser eliminated)

UB Final
4. Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (Winner to Grand Final, Loser to LB Final)

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly I'm impressed by how well FP did despite dropping out. They didn't have a boot camp but managed to take games off Nigma and Gambit. As Aui says, I think they really might be able to get to the next level if they can secure a sponsor.

As for Nigma, I really don't see them going to the major. RNG have looked stronk.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
RNG 1-0 Nigma

Setsu with the Puck of his LYFE, Nigma might not actually get to the major LULW

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
These games have been so good. This patch has been great. Nigma vs Gambit (assuming RNG win here) to close the day out though...

f42.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bukovel Minor Jan 9-12

wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/WePlay/Bukovel_Minor/2020

format: Four day, eight team LAN. Two groups of 4 teams. GSL Bo3's eliminates bottom 2 teams in each group. Top 2 teams in each group advance to Bo3 double elimination playoffs with Bo5 Grand Final. Winner advances to Leipzig Major

strim:
https://www.twitch.tv/weplayesport_en

today: Bo3 LB Final, Bo5 Grand Final

Times may change as the games went late.
There is also some kind of Russia caster vs English caster showmatch.
t1578834000z1.png

LB Final
1. Geekfam vs Nigma

Grand Final
2. RNG vs Winner 1

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Godlike lmfao. Clip isn't properly titled, it's shaker that forces him. It kinda looks unintentional too with the last millisecond turn.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope kky doesn't have visa issues getting into murica for LA Major.
They might need to do really well in the last 2 majors or even region shift to qualify for TI10 if OG is in the same boat

puppt.jpg

🤯 🤮 🙈

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly grats to Nigma, they looked shaky at the start but you could tell they started finding their stride after that game versus Pandas. They picked Abaddon in 3 of the 4 grand final games played (it was banned by RNG in the first).

This minor was fun tbh. Onwards to the major in a few days. I don't want to rule them out but I'm not expecting much from them (though playing all these games has probably given them a better feel for the patch.)

I'm sure most of the teams attending the major will be taking a look at their various drafts in this tournament so if they happen to come across Nigma they'll know who to pick and who to ban.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
It was hard to get excited for any of those Tier 5 items when I didn't have a clue what any of them did.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
The casters really did a shit job explaining the impact of neutral items, other than saying they have made some heroes more viable. I needed a browser to look them up.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neutral items have been out for a while now, they assume you know them
One thing to remember: it makes alchemist complete dogshit as the hero's gimmick is getting 4-5-6 slotted super fast, but when the enemy carry gets 2 free items, it doesn't matter anymore (plus alch can't use the strong neutral items, at least not for long)
Stop picking alch