• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
They made Silencer's int steal temporary, I'm not happy.
I like Doom changes and I want to give Treant a try, he seems like a completely different hero almost.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That fucking Helm change with Lycan's passive is CRAZY WTF

XO34IxV.png

unknown.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that even worse though? Now you need to remember all this shit you'll never encounter or just get caught completely off guard when your opponent has some insane new effect from a drop.
its possible, but ive played hundreds of games, only a few that went over 70m.

Feels kinda like 70m just prepare to die if you get initiated on

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
its possible, but ive played hundreds of games, only a few that went over 70m.

Feels kinda like 70m just prepare to die if you get initiated on

Sure, the tier 5 items are basically rejected Dota Imba suggestions, but even starting at minute 10 you can have a pretty big advantage from 5 seconds undying or the surprise burst of a free crit or magic resistance debuff/spell amp.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that only really has the time/energy for Turbo, I think the Level 30 change is a buff to all heroes with +% XP talents, especially early ones, I mean I don't know how hard it is to get to 30 yet but stuff like the +30%XP gain on Dazzle at Lvl 10 is what I'm beelining for.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Given how big the patch is it's kind of surprising/disapointing that the new heros don't have an agh.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just played a Lone Druid turbo, man I both like him but also hate him in a way. The spirit link change is so fucking nice but all of that doesn't matter if your bear dies and your fucking CD on it is 100 seconds

Querilous

Oct 27, 2017
They made Silencer's int steal temporary, I'm not happy.

Just tested, it's still there. He has both permanent and temporary steal now, like slark.

You know now that I think about it, Void Spirit is kind of .... disappointing? They hype up the fourth spirit for so long but his skills just make him look like a rebalanced, ultless Ember Spirit. There's not a whole lot original there.

Lol at snapfire being strength though

Last edited:

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Watching Gorgc, the special items from the neutral camps appear a lot more than expected. In one game, a semi-jungling WK played by Madara had like 3 of them.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like RNG elements in MOBAs, crits and the river runes is about as far as I like it to go

so a bunch of random drops being in the jungle is gonna be hard to adjust to, especially as the concept of jungling has been dead in Dota for a while

Feels like the next TI Grand Final will be decided on one of those really strong Neutral items

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Mm'yeh that animation feels rushed

Purge is only on D in the alphabet after like 5 hours of streaming the patch notes btw

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like RNG elements in MOBAs, crits and the river runes is about as far as I like it to go

so a bunch of random drops being in the jungle is gonna be hard to adjust to, especially as the concept of jungling has been dead in Dota for a while

Feels like the next TI Grand Final will be decided on one of those really strong Neutral items
ChrisR brought this up, what if it was a Tier X token instead and the token could be exchanged for an X level item in the Secret Shop.

I think it's going to end up something like that. Especially if some team goes all melee and then get the range item like ballista.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just played a Magnus normal as a 1 lol, this shit felt like a fucking Turbo lmfaoo

People weren't joking when they said the neutral items drop so often

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
Neutral drops are an interesting choice since the game has been gradually shying away from pseudo random chance through the years

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
As a Support, Cookie Grandma is kinda meh.. like, I think she's quite strong but her abilities don't have the best synergy (the cookie ability is very situational) and she feels half-baked.. ha

I kinda dreamed she'd have 5 abilities and her D would be like Torbjörn's armour drops in Overwatch, except it'd be a droppable cookie to buff teammates.. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
void spirit is wild.

euls feels like an absolute must because the setup with q is so good and he'll likely need the dispel for slows/silences/roots.

comparing him to magic ember is very valid.

also played a game of am and picked up the early regen buff consumable, the +14 to secondary stats and + 22% magic resist/status resist/base damage increase nearly as soon as they were possible to get. gonna need some tweaks so the rng doesnt fuck up the balance.

cookie's gonna need some buffs methinks

edit: I wanna see something like sacrifice 3 or 4 items of same tier to get a random item of the next tier up but make it so you can only do that after the first tier's time is up. would present some interesting choices for teams to make

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: I wanna see something like sacrifice 3 or 4 items of same tier to get a random item of the next tier up but make it so you can only do that after the first tier's time is up. would present some interesting choices for teams to make
I tried to give my supports the neutral items I didn't want, but they were like fuck off, I'm not taking your leavings.
You can't sell them either, they just sat in fountain

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say that I like the new clinkz, permanent damage and basically another good skill is great.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Expected the news since Topson was playing on SEA servers earlier so I assume he's still on a break. Twitter video might be hinting at a CSGO major or something? Would be weird to field a random Dota team just for the sake of doing it.

Also, just noticed that NiP saw sense and are playing in the NA qualifiers now. :p

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected the news since Topson was playing on SEA servers earlier so I assume he's still on a break. Twitter video might be hinting at a CSGO major or something? Would be weird to field a random Dota team just for the sake of doing it.

Also, just noticed that NiP saw sense and are playing in the NA qualifiers now. :p
🧂

There was a chance that they didn't qualify in the open qualifiers if they didn't beat Nigma or Secret. Only 2 slots lul

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Synd echoing my concerns on the patches effect on pro games

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Site is being hammered but OG.Seed

Rasmus Johan "Chessie" Blomdin
Omar Mohammad "Madara" Dabachach
Peetu-Elmeri "Peksu" Väätäinen
Andreas Per "Xibbe" Ragnemalm
Zakari William Lee "Zfreek" Freedman
Coach: Back-to-Back TI8 & TI9 Champions

I have a feeling that current Alliance was supposed to be the seed team.

Nov 8, 2017

Hey, definitely not a pro (nor nowhere near that, currently at 100 hours), but I've seen this concern...and I feel like people (pros/commentators/randos) keep pointing at these powerful items.

Tier 5, the most powerful items (obviously) drop at minute 70.

Looking at win percentage by item this week, only one appears to have a really high win percentage - Phoenix Ash has dropped 171 times so far with an 85% win rate. Desolator 2 has dropped 848 times with a 63% win rate.

So, from a win percentage standpoint, no item so far via neutral drops appear to equate to a really high win percentage.

(I know, very low data set).

But I think it just adds to the interesting part of this patch - you can't just own one area. You can't roam around with just one group of 4-5 heroes. You need to be at either (or both) sides of the map for outposts, farming, rosh, etc. It's interesting to me.

I don't think SynderN is WRONG. But If your team is winning vision and the map at level 70, you deserve a 'drop' to help you finish the game.

My two cents! Just an opinion. I can't wait to watch more pro games and see how it actually changes things!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019

Why not make these crazy 70 minute items only purchasable at the 70 minute mark to help end these long drawn out games instead of RNG.

Unless the intent is to actually help the losing team that is turtling with a huge gold deficit to make a comeback instead of getting the winning team to go end it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not make these crazy 70 minute items only purchasable at the 70 minute mark to help end these long drawn out games instead of RNG.

Unless the intent is to actually help the losing team that is turtling with a huge gold deficit to make a comeback instead of getting the winning team to go end it.
feels like losing team going to be stuck farming waves and winning teams reward will be farming both jungles

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Looking at win percentage by item this week, only one appears to have a really high win percentage - Phoenix Ash has dropped 171 times so far with an 85% win rate. Desolator 2 has dropped 848 times with a 63% win rate.

So, from a win percentage standpoint, no item so far via neutral drops appear to equate to a really high win percentage.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised how close to 50% WR many/most of the neutral items are. Apart from Ash the other one I'm concerned about is the true sight item Third Eye which has a 73% WR and is arguably better than gem since you don't lose it on death (well until 3rd death).