• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
He only retweeted himself for OG's back to back TI win but posts for this upcoming patch? That raises my hype a bit right there.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not actively playing but what the fuck is this patch.

I always love how willing they are to just change stuff.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
"

Added a new neutral building type - Outposts

There are two of these on the map, located where the Side Shops were previously. Right clicking to channel it takes 6 seconds and then you gain control over the outpost. Converts faster with more allies channeling. Having control over an outpost grants you bonus XP upon initially capturing it, and at 5-minute intervals on the game clock. It also provides your team unobstructed vision in that area and allows you to TP to it. Outposts are inactive for the first 10 minutes of the game and cannot be captured then.

• XP bonus is 25*Min XP to each player
  • Provides 500 AoE truesight
  • Only gains XP bonus once per period regardless if you have one or two outposts controlled
  • Takes 6 seconds to teleport to it (shares the delayed TP duration mechanic with T1 towers)"

We Heroes of the Storm now lads.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell, my brain is struggling to comprehend these patch notes, going to take a long time to get used to.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
The Level 30 change...

Everytime I read a new line in the patch notes

giphy.gif

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
While I can't wait to watch pros deal with all these changes, as someone who hasn't really played in a long time the complexities of some of this stuff really makes me not want to jump back in.

All these neutral items have to bring back jungle play right?

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
While I can't wait to watch pros deal with all these changes, as someone who hasn't really played in a long time the complexities of some of this stuff really makes me not want to jump back in.

All these neutral items have to bring back jungle play right?
Yeah, I mean you can get an Iron Talon again. Jungling is back on the menu.

Querilous

Oct 27, 2017
you can get an Iron Talon again.
Not for the first five minutes, and at a fairly pathetic rate after that. 10% base rate to drop one of twelve items? Halved after every drop? You are far from guaranteed to get any specific drop.
(it does make stacking and contesting far more important though)

Seems like an attempt to introduce more randomness and variance to the game without compromising skill or decision making.

Last edited:

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Purge finished previewing both heroes and is JUST about to see the chaos Icefrog unleashed.

www.twitch.tv

PurgeGamers - Twitch

I'm Purge, I focus on Dota 2 gameplay commentaries. If you're new to Dota, check out my Learn Dota video series, or my vods.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes I feel like Cold Toad makes these massive changes so he can continue to be employed by VALVe for years to come since no one else wants to balance this shit.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
*not enough support players and matchmaking becomes a mess*

icefrog: *makes wards and couriers free. no more pos 5*

well that's one solution...

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is going on. This is the biggest patch ever. I'm a little lost with the power on some of the higher tier jungle items, seems like a good drop could be way more of a power spike than it should be. Interested to see how it shakes out though.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
What the fuck at these netural drops
  • HELM OF THE UNDYING
  • Provides +6 Armor. Equipped hero survives an extra 5 seconds after receiving a killing blow.
Hello unkillable carries

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck at these netural drops
  • HELM OF THE UNDYING
  • Provides +6 Armor. Equipped hero survives an extra 5 seconds after receiving a killing blow.
Hello unkillable carries

Prediction: EE will be in the first pro game that has level 30 heroes. He will then lose that game.
🤦‍♀️

Yeah, you can't just rapira and cut waves anymore.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
RIP. Just had a game crash on me that was about to be a win. Guess I'll be playing more when I get home from work later.

Naix is hella good.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Holy shit

I've been fucking around and Dragon Knight Octarine could legit be a thing. Get Aghs and the CD reduc, 9 second downtime on his ult + almost perma stun with his W if you go for +2s on his Dragon Tail. He also gets Lifesteal from the splash damage of his ult.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Theres too many items, I feel like the you need a college degree to play has never been more true :/

Not sure how I feel about the new necro ags also banning nature's and techies seems like a must because map controll is more important than ever.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
wait.. they release Snapfire and Void Spirit without Agh's upgrades?

3x

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
AM's Manta + Blink illusions are fucking strong with that Mana Break buff