• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's odd to call it "convoluted" and "inaccessible" when they're removing more and more of the inane hidden mechanics that only the most dedicated knew about. Now all that complexity is explicitly on the surface. Sure, it takes relearning, but it's not like if they added a new damage type that only hurts neutral creeps and then never told anyone about it.

A new user today would find Dota far less obtuse than a new user even just a few years ago. Doesn't mean there's not still a wall there, of course, but you don't need to go to a goddamn Wiki to learn shit. (Well, not all of it, anyway.)

Drkirby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold on tenacity being added to Dota and a passive on all Strength heroes. But maybe Icefrog will make it work, Strength cores have almost always struggled. Could easily see it getting mostly scrapped like respawn talents.

Twookie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold on tenacity being added to Dota and a passive on all Strength heroes. But maybe Icefrog will make it work, Strength cores have almost always struggled. Could easily see it getting mostly scrapped like respawn talents.
I dislike it too, tbh. It makes chaining together combos way harder, especially as invoker. It doesn't feel fun to play against either, so I won't miss it if it gets changed.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I dislike it too, tbh. It makes chaining together combos way harder, especially as invoker. It doesn't feel fun to play against either, so I won't miss it if it gets changed.
Yeah, the kind of stuff is the major downside to it

I'm okay with the magic damage amp stuff from int and Kaya, but I think stuns should stick to specific values or rules instead of being based on enemy hero stats. Maybe part of the reason they did this was because of the stun bars, but people pick heroes for the length of their disables sometimes. I get they are trying to not make BKB the end all be all, but it's not an hasn't been. It's become a much more situational item over the years.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
So this new Tiny is almost a good hero, if you play him as a pos 4 roamer. I feel like Icefrog went a bit too far with the lack of agility though. He just straight up melts when anything other than a support hits him. Its like you are playing a CM.

Saying that, late in the game I had so much strength that I became almost unkillable.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God do i hate new Tiny and Morph, new builds add nothing to the heroes and instead just seem like straight nerfs to heroes that really didnt need to.

It also makes it worse that they both had unique playstyles.

New side shop sucks too.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
God do i hate new Tiny and Morph, new builds add nothing to the heroes and instead just seem like straight nerfs to heroes that really didnt need to.

It also makes it worse that they both had unique playstyles.

New side shop sucks too.
The most bizarre thing about the side shop changes is removing Sage's Mask. Now Ring of Protection is there, but Sage's Mask is too expensive to buy with your starting gold (and buy much else). Really screws anyone that would get Basilius over.

mooncakes

Oct 25, 2017
what are you guys thoughts on the hammer so far? I like using it with Rooftrellen's ult as a combo. Sometimes I be hiding in the trees and using it if they don't have any detection.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Mirana, WR, and someone like Clinkz. Maybe makes for a Carry BH? Decent on PL? It at the very least gives SnY a bit of an upgrade path, even if it's not an ideal one.
I would think if it were to be come a thing, it would almost surely have some special function to it. You can't have a trinity of swords and it not do a special thing.

procarbine

Oct 28, 2017
New morphling is really good, idk what you guys are talking about. Free stat shifting, better coefficients on adaptive, separate cds, neato waveform attack one shot talent. Just gotta look last the unfortunate ultimate downgrade.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shotgun damage was buffed but he's less survivable now, which imo is a good thing. It was dumb to jump backlines, shotgun a support then press R.

I have no idea why they nerfed the stun duration though, morph support was almost not used at all.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Morphling went from a hero I don't really enjoy playing to a hero that's extremely up my alley.

I'm a complete goober for spell-stealing mechanics, and even the possibility of a viable support-style.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I have not seen Morphling in a long time.

He's way too complicated a hero to play or play against.
I saw I think it was blitz stream yesterday.
Enemy morphling would use ulti on doom and activate scorched earth+attribute shift made him hard to kill.
Morph is too weird now.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I need to give new Morph a try. I've heard many people argue both sides of whether he's good or not.

I think most universally agree new Tiny is shit though.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand what they did to morph. Morph is a garbage laner, not the greatest mid game farmer either (waveform is fine but means he needs mana regen), but a monster hero if he can snowball or just get to the late game (see liquid vs LFY game 3 at TI7).
His old ult meant he could farm way more dangerously since he just needed to be able to press R to get to safety. Is his new ultimate supposed to help him in the mid game ? It's just so weird and doesn't help that much in many situations, it's kinda like rubick but you can't steal ults.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently 343 is going to fnatic

looks like that team is being reformed lul
misc-fEEd.png

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
Abed replacing Xcalibur was expected I guess. Still don't have super high hopes for this team, and I say that as someone who likes rooting for Envy.

Drkirby

Oct 25, 2017
It could work. I don't have high hopes, but its both a new patch and a new player, maybe the team will turn around.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/928398214662782976 said:
Today's update reduces input latency from various components in the Dota command processing system. We've reworked how the dedicated servers handle incoming messages and how the engine processes user commands, resulting in more responsiveness and less delay on your actions.
Interesting

Demonstration of the new faster input

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Love the new responsive update. Creep blocking is were I noticed it right away.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dreamleague at least care, BTS are garbage now its like they don't give a fuck

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Captain's Draft is coming up in (I think) January. Any other minors/majors on the east coast or even midwest that we know of right now?