• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
damn vp is good

i'm glad to see them finally win something big, they've been really entertaining for a while now

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all got any more of them patch notes?
6jaQlHz.gif

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Anti-climatic final, but congrats to VP, Lil can back up his silly tweets and interviews now.

Imagine if we had MidOne and EE on the same team.

Shame to compare him to EE as he has way more talent, but he does seem to share his reliability sadly. Can't blame him for his start in this game, but he wasn't at his best that's for sure.

Anyway, patch notes please!

Nablith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Interesting post by v1at on organizers paying for airfare/hotel/food

I hope tournaments do this from now on. Players are spoiled as fuck

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/79hz0i/translation_v1lats_rant_on_tournament_organizers/
While I agree that orgs don't need to pay for hotels, food, and travel. I do think that a practice space is important, however. Cyber cafes aren't popular enough to depend upon, at least in NA. I'm not sure about Europe, CIS, China, and SEA. The comparison v1lat is doing to sports is a little too 1:1 for my liking.

The biggest issue I see with tournament orgs not paying for travel and hotels for teams comes from small teams in regions like South America or other less affluent regions. I worry it could stifle growth in those pro scenes. What do you think?

Deleted member 5545

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watch them continue the HotSification of the game by removing wards and instead adding those control point-type "wards" from HotS

they'll explain it away as 90% of dota players never buying wards anyway, and those who do buy them just stick them at the fucking river rune spots no matter what

they already added shrines why stop there xfd

JawesomeJaw

Oct 25, 2017
wow had no idea major gives so many points
i'd say it's actually better for teams to ignore minors and just concentrate on majors if there's any conflicting schedules with such a big difference

I think that was the original intention and will end up being the case once the season shakes out. Give other, smaller teams a chance to come up.

VALVE gonna VALVE though and they announced this new system without anyone really knowing how it would shake out, and then tied TI invites to it. It's the same stuff that lead to this being a Bo3 grand final.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
watch them continue the HotSification of the game by removing wards and instead adding those control point-type "wards" from HotS

they'll explain it away as 90% of dota players never buying wards anyway, and those who do buy them just stick them at the fucking river rune spots no matter what

they already added shrines why stop there xfd
That's what Dawngate did. Every champion has wards but limited by cd.

I do think the direction of dota is removing complexities and simplifying mechanics.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I think a majority of the tournaments right now are going to end up being pretty irrelevant in the broader scheme of things.

Deleted member 5545

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
u remember dawngate who cares what u think

for real though it wouldn't totally shock me, game is slowly bleeding players and 7.00 did nothing to stem that bleeding, i think when we finally have a TI with a smaller prize-pool than before (assuming they don't just keep hiking prices on premium battle passes to milk the whales a little harder to make up for it) is when the alarm bells will sound

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Whats actually going to happen is that Icefrog will update every hero with amazing new talents

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
That's what Dawngate did. Every champion has wards but limited by cd.

I do think the direction of dota is removing complexities and simplifying mechanics.

they are removing complexities where it makes sense (i.e. orb effects). what other mechanics have they simplified? smokes, scans, map changes, talents have all increased complexity.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i think when we finally have a TI with a smaller prize-pool than before (assuming they don't just keep hiking prices on premium battle passes to milk the whales a little harder to make up for it) is when the alarm bells will sound

ive heard this for like 4 years now

Whats actually going to happen is that Icefrog will update every hero with amazing new talents

there was that goofy rumor where there are five talents instead of four and aghs gives a new ability with old changed ones becoming talents

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Secret vs VP Game 2 was pretty good. Secret was able to get a couple team wipes out of really nowhere.

ChaoPaiLa

Oct 28, 2017
Got my account approved!
Is there a reliable site where I can track every team points?
This point system is rather refreshing. I hope it works out for the better.