• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
How do you combine to three stars in this? I made two two star Drows and two two Pudges but I couldn't see how to combine them. Or is it different in this?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
How do you combine to three stars in this? I made two two star Drows and two two Pudges but I couldn't see how to combine them. Or is it different in this?
It auto combines you also need 3 two stars to get your 3 star.
------------
I played a couple of rounds and am I crazy or is the balance really wonky right now? I don't feel like there are enough viable strategies in the game right now for it to be long term interesting vs the actual auto chess during the time I played it felt better.

Maybe I'm bringing prior experience bias into this but I didn't feel like there is really a point to trying to transition from early setups vs just going straight for what you want in the end game.

Mages and Hunters right now felt the most busted from the couple matches I played.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
MID-WEEK UPDATE
  • Enabled Tutorial.
  • More improvements to PC UI and styling.
  • Tweaked default camera positions and angles. Also added sliders to the Game Settings UI to tweak these two further.
  • Tweaked the time bodies stay on the board before sinking.
  • More work on DPS meter design.
  • Victorious units now celebrate for longer before returning to their starting positions.
  • More music has been added to the game.
  • Play at your own pace will pause the clock when selecting items after a Loot Round.
  • Fixed Font of Creation Eidolon's doing damage to the player on a loss.
  • Unit AI now knows about formations: If other units provide benefits for standing in range, the AI will attempt to move to those cells and attack from there.
  • Knights will now try to stay in formation with other Knights.
  • Units will now try to stay in formation with Trolls if the player has Coordinated Assault.
  • Units will now try to stay in formation with Warlocks if the player has Soul Sucking Syphon.
  • Added a friend code system to the Friend panel.
  • Added colourblind mode for Healthbars.
  • Adjusted shop reroll mechanic to mitigate duplicates.
  • When finding an enemy, ranged units give higher priority to units closer to them.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
  • Unit AI now knows about formations: If other units provide benefits for standing in range, the AI will attempt to move to those cells and attack from there.
  • Knights will now try to stay in formation with other Knights.
:o that seems really good. knights seemed strong but the bonus only being 1 tile away meant they separated too easily. good update. curious about the tutorial as well.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I messed up then, I thought it was only two two stars. I was steamrolling a game with about 80 health compared to ~40 for the next highest, but then I never managed to make any three stars.

It seems like trying to get three two star of the lower tier heroes like Drow could be hard since once you level up they don't show up as often?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mobil wen?
gaben 🙏

Oh I messed up then, I thought it was only two two stars. I was steamrolling a game with about 80 health compared to ~40 for the next highest, but then I never managed to make any three stars.

It seems like trying to get three two star of the lower tier heroes like Drow could be hard since once you level up they don't show up as often?
Yup, if you want to go early game/cheap heroes it's best to spend all your gold before turn 15-17 trying to get matches

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
That's probably a needed buff to Knights.

Also they added some ranks and medals to prepare for later this week:
8NNIAfF.jpg

Yup it is particularly difficult late game if you're not close to a $1 or $2 three star. But this is also mitigated by the fact that you're seeing $1 units the entire game and hopefully your economy is strong so you can roll more than you were early game.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
I am getting very excited for mobile release. Especially because its so soon.
The turnaround time on this is crazy.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably a needed buff to Knights.

Also they added some ranks and medals to prepare for later this week:
8NNIAfF.jpg

Yup it is particularly difficult late game if you're not close to a $1 or $2 three star. But this is also mitigated by the fact that you're seeing $1 units the entire game and hopefully your economy is strong so you can roll more than you were early game.
I like the street gang theme they are going with this game.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Loving this so far, and finally beginning to not get my ass handed to me every game. Just won with the demon/demon hunter (and four paladins) combo, my favorite synergy so far paired with that passive item that I don't know the name of.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Happy to see the update came out already to address my main complaint. Looking forward to playing more tonight.

CMP

Oct 27, 2017
United States of America
Underlords Keys. Posting as image to lower chance of being sniped by bots. Let everyone know which ones you have taken.

Removed

Last edited:

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Has anyone figured out some basic strategies? I feel like I do well early and mid game and then just get lost/overwhelmed in the late game. Is it best to focus on one unit and try hard to make them level 3?

A common situation I find myself in is around level 7 I have a setup like 3 hunter + 3 warrior + demon/bloodseeker/good solo unit. Then I just start picking up pieces hoping to upgrade my current ones, make a level 3, or make a level 2 hunter or warrior then level up to add them. But nothing really happens and I eventually start losing every battle. Should I be focusing more on trying to build a strong level 3 piece or should I rush the 6 piece alliances faster?

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First two that PMs me gets a key no more keys. Also I'm getting pretty hooked, can't wait to see how the game evolves overtime

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out some basic strategies? I feel like I do well early and mid game and then just get lost/overwhelmed in the late game. Is it best to focus on one unit and try hard to make them level 3?

A common situation I find myself in is around level 7 I have a setup like 3 hunter + 3 warrior + demon/bloodseeker/good solo unit. Then I just start picking up pieces hoping to upgrade my current ones, make a level 3, or make a level 2 hunter or warrior then level up to add them. But nothing really happens and I eventually start losing every battle. Should I be focusing more on trying to build a strong level 3 piece or should I rush the 6 piece alliances faster?
Try focusing on getting 50 gold asap to use the 5+5 gold interest/turn to get better matches and level up faster. You lose early, but you will win late.

Get mechs/warriors to make sure you aren't completely dead and by turn 14-20 you should have 50 gold. Spend as much or as little as you want, but try to keep above 50 so you always have the bonus.

You also get a losing bonus streak.

From there you can try strategies in-between and see what works best.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
MID-WEEK UPDATE II: WE ARE THE UPDATELORDS

• Enabled Ranked Play: We are enabling this today for a final round of testing. Once Open Beta starts all ranks will be reset.
  • Bot games: Fixed manual advance mode during non-Loot rounds.
  • Unit outlines can now be turned back on via settings.
  • Fixed end game screen not displaying total damage dealt.
  • Fixed Round 1 not playing correctly on the client after you've played a bot match.
  • Fixed Windranger and Keeper of the Light interrupting their abilities if their target died.
  • Fixed Venomancer's Ward growing legs and walking towards a friendly aura.
  • Slightly smaller item icons during prepare phase on PC, with rank above item icons in case they overlap.
  • Fixed selecting units from the bench not working reliably if you changed the default camera angle.
  • Healthbars are now consistently sized across all resolutions.
  • Notifications for Winning Streaks now have FX.
  • Fixed AI pathfinding issues when traveling towards a friendly aura.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MID-WEEK UPDATE II: WE ARE THE UPDATELORDS

• Enabled Ranked Play: We are enabling this today for a final round of testing. Once Open Beta starts all ranks will be reset.
  • Bot games: Fixed manual advance mode during non-Loot rounds.
  • Unit outlines can now be turned back on via settings.
  • Fixed end game screen not displaying total damage dealt.
  • Fixed Round 1 not playing correctly on the client after you've played a bot match.
  • Fixed Windranger and Keeper of the Light interrupting their abilities if their target died.
  • Fixed Venomancer's Ward growing legs and walking towards a friendly aura.
  • Slightly smaller item icons during prepare phase on PC, with rank above item icons in case they overlap.
  • Fixed selecting units from the bench not working reliably if you changed the default camera angle.
  • Healthbars are now consistently sized across all resolutions.
  • Notifications for Winning Streaks now have FX.
  • Fixed AI pathfinding issues when traveling towards a friendly aura.
VOLVO CRUNCH
You getting that open beta OT ready? Feels like it's coming soon.
I think just use this thread with a retitle. We did separate ones for Artifact. mb we jinxed it

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Codes left, gave one to logan

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is arc's tempest double considered a summon and thus affected by summoning stone buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.