• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I'm frequently matchmaking and loading into Underlords matches in less than 10 seconds. Saving a lot of time over AutoChess matchmaking and slow loading. All the game tech feels solid. They've built a proper foundation now they need to keep expanding features and putting on the polish.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm frequently matchmaking and loading into Underlords matches in less than 10 seconds. Saving a lot of time over AutoChess matchmaking and slow loading. All the game tech feels solid. They've built a proper foundation now they need to keep expanding features and putting on the polish.
Cross play is going to make matchmaking super fast once it's on all platforms.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I never gave auto chess a chance, but I'm going to play the shit out of this! Especially since it's going to be on Android next week!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
basics
- memorize the amount of gold you get in a turn (5) and the amount of exp needed for each level 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40
- memorize the heroes, items, and hero types (I needed a second monitor and a spreadsheet for the first week)
- have a calculator nearby so you can calculate the prices
- watch streamers and check reddit
- don't fall in love with a strategy/hero type or else you will only be looking for that
- constantly check your opponents boards because heroes/types that they do not pick are more likely to appear in your choice list

fiend reddit
watch what streamers do
tonnes of youtubers have videos for Autochess basics
Trump
Amaz
BSJ

thank you, this is helpful. we'll see if the game is worth doing all this homework

I wish there was some kind of carrot.

Winning with no reward feels empty.
In DAC I get muh 20🍬 ez 👏

100% real here - why play & lose a 40 minute game if you don't earn progress towards a cosmetic

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Just a question for those playing it, it's possible to invite friends to play with you like in the mod version? I really enjoy doing that while chating on Discord

Yes you can create a part and invite friends. I know you can fill the extra slots with bots, not sure if you can get other random people into the lobby though without inviting them.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. An Auto Chess without laggy as fuck inputs and god awful animation stuttering. Best part is I can play it on any device via Steam Link, so no need to wait for a mobile version in order to play it away from home. Needs ranking system ASAP though, but I'm sure that's coming sooner rather than later.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. An Auto Chess without laggy as fuck inputs and god awful animation stuttering. Best part is I can play it on any device via Steam Link, so no need to wait for a mobile version in order to play it away from home. Needs ranking system ASAP though, but I'm sure that's coming sooner rather than later.
Ranking supposed to come next week with the open beta.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Change Log Update 2

UI AND BUGFIXES
  • Added new Game Option: Interface Mode. Select from PC or Mobile.
  • Fixed end of match screen not displaying buttons.
  • Improved presentation of free units in the shop.
  • Improved styling of the settings panel.
  • Fixed treant health bar being too high.
  • Made the shop combine brighter and more obvious.
  • Made it so that when a party has 8 or more players, new members will come in as spectators.
  • The bot difficulty button is now hidden for parties with eight players.
  • Added a menu to the party allowing the copying of party codes, hiding or showing them, and for the party leader, enabling or disabling the party code.
  • Fixed several misspellings.
  • Fixing several cases of text overflowing.
  • Fixed main menu button being hidden in party games.
  • Fixed the countdown ropes being off by about a second.
  • Removed the need to specify -vulkan on the command line for Linux.
  • Updated localization for multiple languages.
  • Added list of hotkeys to game options page, though they cannot be changed at the moment.
  • Doom now has cosmetic upgrades for each level.
  • Removed character outlines on PC.
  • Play at your own pace button now remembers your previous selection.
  • Fix DPS charts sometimes not updating or showing the wrong teams.
  • Added a new effect for the Druid Alliance that upgrades the star rating on a Druid.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhhh watching streams is making me really want to say fuck it and buy the pass to play early but the other side of keeps telling me, NO JUST WAIT.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Man, if they implement some sort of cross-game cosmetic sharing with Dota 2 it's gonna be fucking wild.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to spend a lot of money on this game, cosmetics everything

Auto Chess is the perfect genre for me, seems to combine the best parts of MOBA and card games. Its the right time for it as well with the stagnation of those 2 genres.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
basics
- memorize the amount of gold you get in a turn (5) and the amount of exp needed for each level 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40
- memorize the heroes, items, and hero types (I needed a second monitor and a spreadsheet for the first week)
- have a calculator nearby so you can calculate the prices
- watch streamers and check reddit
- don't fall in love with a strategy/hero type or else you will only be looking for that
- constantly check your opponents boards because heroes/types that they do not pick are more likely to appear in your choice list

fiend reddit
watch what streamers do
tonnes of youtubers have videos for Autochess basics
Trump
Amaz
BSJ
Just came here to ask for resources, thanks for this! Excited to try this next week.

.....Slay the Spire finally got me

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Bit the bullet and bought the pass. Love the items system, the look, how fast everything is. Clicking on other boards is instant. I hope they can pull that off on phones.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So they removed the league of legends outline and remade the UI. Its perfect now.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never tried AutoChess even though I've heard so much about it. Already got the BP, I could give it a try. It looks pretty interesting

Kalina76

Banned
Nov 20, 2018
Wait, so they just took the entire balance and mechanics from the real auto chess?
Will they just update it whenever Auto Chess is updated?
I don't really get what kind of value this adds... at least when everyone was making MOBAs they were all different games.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so they just took the entire balance and mechanics from the real auto chess?
I don't really get what kind of value this adds... at least when everyone was making MOBAs they were all different games.
They redid some mechanics (like items) and rebalanced the game. Not a 1:1 copy.

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss being able to select PC or mobile UI is so good for Steam Link.

It feels about a trillion times better to play even compared to the Drodo mobile version, for one.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit snooped around the main site and screenshotted some stuff that was taken down.

Link

Can see an avatar and some features we mostly know about.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

The change to control and items make a huge difference. Its a much better game already

TrashFuego

Nov 21, 2017
I tried the mod in Dota and didn't really get into it. I tried the mobile autochess and I was confused, you can definitely pick out what Dota equivalent character is, but their art style causes a lot of the characters to look similar and its hard to differentiate between them. I did enjoy what little I played.

But now that I've played the underlords beta, I officially get the appeal. I'm totally hooked. I'm also happy that all this competition has forced valve to get off their ass and get shit done. Hopefully Epic, Riot, and Tencent make Valve improve their efforts. I'm liking what I see so far.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
But now that I've played the underlords beta, I officially get the appeal. I'm totally hooked. I'm also happy that all this competition has forced valve to get off their ass and get shit done. Hopefully Epic, Riot, and Tencent make Valve improve their efforts. I'm liking what I see so far.

this is such tired and lame rhetoric - Underworlds is great and its to no credit of Epic, Riot etc...

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
This is the Valve vs Epic fight ive been waiting for

Epic might have the OG AutoChess team on their side, but Valve has DotAs massive roster of heros and items to pull from, plus thousands of cosmetics. Also DotA as a property already has such huge midshare in the market, its going to be hard for anyone else to compete

Plus Valve runs the two biggest Esports events in the world, TI and the CSGO Championship, so I see a Valve Autochess Esport event being held within the next 3 months

I expect a big Underlords announcement at this years TI as well

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This is the Valve vs Epic fight ive been waiting for

Epic might have the OG AutoChess team on their side, but Valve has DotAs massive roster of heros and items to pull from, plus thousands of cosmetics. Also DotA as a property already has such huge midshare in the market, its going to be hard for anyone else to compete

Plus Valve runs the two biggest Esports events in the world, TI and the CSGO Championship, so I see a Valve Autochess Esport event being held within the next 3 months

I expect a big Underlords announcement at this years TI as well
It's Valve vs Epic vs Riot, they're doing a LoL version as well.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had money left over from steam cards and finally said screw it and bought the damn pass. Played my first match and we almost got to round 50 and I won. Actually really liking the new item system, it's pretty neat.

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was a fast update and the improvements are nice. Just a little anoyed at the moment that they translated the Hero and Item names when Dota 2 is only available in English and not German. So its a little confusing seeing a "Shadowfiend" beeing named "Schattenunhold".

Oct 25, 2017
How involved Epic actually is in Drodo's Auto Chess? More than the usual "we'll pay you X amount of money if you keep your game off Steam"?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Been playing it for a bit and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely benefits from being a fully fledged game rather than just being a mod of Dota 2 since a lot of small annoyances are gone, and on top of that I like the changes that have been made for Valve's take on it. Looking forward to seeing what else they'll be doing, but the base is a great one to build off.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
That was a fast update and the improvements are nice. Just a little anoyed at the moment that they translated the Hero and Item names when Dota 2 is only available in English and not German. So its a little confusing seeing a "Shadowfiend" beeing named "Schattenunhold".
Well they're preparing for the mobile release. Will definitely download the game for my mother as she enjoys mobile games quite a lot, so them translating everything is pretty nice, even if some of the translations seem pretty bad right now.
Also quite nice to see how fast they actually reacted to suggestions by the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.