• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
After 35 hours, finally won my first match. I can finally call it quits.

5IUGJ6K.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
How is that primordial global item? The one that spawns ranged units when you die. Never sounded particularly useful but I haven't really tried messing with primordials.
Maybe if you pair it with a summoning build and the item that buffs summons it would make it better but in my experience it's been pretty useless.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
as a hardcore dota fanatic, i keep myself awake at night thinking of the heroes they need to add and how to implement them

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Maybe I'm a bit burned out on the genre, but Underlords isn't grabbing me like the original mod did. I guess I could try going back to that for a bit and see if it's just that I don't like Underlords as much.

Last edited:

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
xznb1jb.jpg

Third win! Got 2 of those items that instantly refresh your ult and give half mana, so had those on Razor and Lich most of the last quarter.

Then I got a tier 3 Mirana.... 1800 Damage. 1800 damage. TWICE.

So yeah, I put one on her and every round BLAP BLAP. Probably would've been better where it was on good AOE ults but man was it satisfying to see super tanky 3 star units drop dead instantly like she had written their names in the death note.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
And a win on the third game.

xr68yGT.jpg

What's the benefit of winning early on? Seems like a losing streak is a lot easier to accomplish considering you're not going to die that early.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Am I going crazy or did the update break some things?

I can no longer see a unit's abilities under their profile. Unless it moved somewhere else?

D6EOexP.jpg

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
👍
Yeah, it doesn't matter early.

All about gold and getting the right comp

That very much depends on the comp you are going for. Some comps need you to hit certain level thresholds faster and others need you to have stronger units but fewer levels (ie scrapping inventors)
Especially after the recent balance patch use of economy and positioning matters a ton more and is highly dependent on what comps/items/auras you have.
The depth of this game once you go below the immediate surface is quite impressive.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Is there any stat page online to go through recent matches? Had an insane run yesterday where I won 4/4 after previously having two wins total, but I can't remember my first game, haha.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Man, lvl10 mages are still amazing.

My demon hunter build only won once thanks to a 3 star disruptor. It went until round 47 before I won.

Knights+Troll ain't a problem but these mages wrecks me.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awwww, poor Medusa, to pure for this world. The nerf seems reasonable though, I hope she's still almost as good as before, just not playing Sniper Elite while everyone else is playing Street Fighter.

Also, fuck that boat.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
This was a fun one:

20190627031825_1lpjsf.jpg

20190627031755_1bok2f.jpg

Was a rough start, but by this point suuuuper tanky. IIRC villain here was full mages kotl + kunkka spam. Pretty sure. Was only yesterday or the day before, I don't remember perfectly though so many matches!

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can't break into boss as much as i try, stuck at lieutenant 5 rn. Evasion seems like the go-to counter for knights. It's easier to get than demons at least.

Nov 15, 2017
This seemed kinda interesting and I'd kinda like to get into some of the popular stuff out there. Especially if it works on my phone but I wish it took like 15 minutes instead of half an hour to play because I don't think I'll find the time to play it otherwise.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This seemed kinda interesting and I'd kinda like to get into some of the popular stuff out there. Especially if it works on my phone but I wish it took like 15 minutes instead of half an hour to play because I don't think I'll find the time to play it otherwise.
There seems to be a turbo mode in the works, so the game time should be significantly shorter. When we'll get that remains to be seen though.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Since the new patch I've had afk units a few times. One time the enemy didn't even interact with them and the round ended once everyone else was dead.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game is addictive. I finally made Big Boss I after around 40 hours (would've been significantly earlier if I hadn't completely botched a couple of games around Boss IV and got deranked to III). Might be time to take a break for bit so I don't get burned out.

For a free to play game in beta, I couldn't ask for a whole lot more... Valve seems to be responding to feedback and quickly releasing updates. Though I'm still wary after Artifact... At least I'm not out $20 with Underlords.

The RNG is heavy but you can mitigate it through responding appropriately and playing well... Top 4 is reachable in almost any game even with a bad start. Though that might change now that I'm closer to getting matched with people closer to my skill bracket.

Experience with a card games helped my learning immensely... Concepts like (card) economy, how to determine the best move through analyzing the odds, understanding win conditions, etc. really translate well to auto chess games. This is my first auto chess game and I'm surprised how deep the genre is, even if it puts out a casual appearance at first.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Is anyone else getting bugs on Mobile where the "YOU WIN" screen goes away instantly? I wanna take screenshots to show off haha!

I'm finding a ton of success with Either a 4 or 6 knight strat, mixed with either Trolls, Warlocks, or Dragon comp. Trying out more stuff with knights, they are pretty fun especially if you're able to build a fast 2/3 star batrider. Once you get those formation bonuses, enjoy your winstreaks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was apparently addressed in the last patch
  • Fixed Victory screen not being displayed if you won the game which begs the question: Did you really win?

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I really wish it would just throw any unit down if you have an extra space(except for demons). I keep swapping dudes instead of placing them on mobile.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I had a DK just stand still several times in a game yesterday, anyone else experience this? Wasn't stunned, just sat there.. taking it for a long time since he was pretty buff.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually curious about this, and I don't know of you want to add a poll to the thread shira , but how many of you playing this were regular Dota players first, or just got in on Underlords and are unfamiliar with Dota?

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
I'm actually curious about this, and I don't know of you want to add a poll to the thread shira , but how many of you playing this were regular Dota players first, or just got in on Underlords and are unfamiliar with Dota?
I haven't played dota 2 in like 5 years. I vaguely follow the tournaments still. I watch TI though.

I got into dota autochess and played that for a few weeks. Then picked this up a few months later.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

I played Dota 1 religiously, barely touched 2. I actually prefer League when it comes to Mobas, but this is the better autochess.

Status
Not open for further replies.