• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
I watched some streamers play TFT and it looks really hard to get into. Some of the presentation is interesting, maybe some more character due to you having an avatar in the world and having more presence and interaction. I feel that Underlords plays better as a game and is more similar to Hearthstone in nailing down the mechanics and UI that matters while still leaving a solid base of systems to work with. I didn't really play AC so I can't speak to comparisons, but I have really enjoyed Underlords so much so it has pulled me away from everything else I want to play.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I won my first game.

giphy.gif

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Won against challenging bots last night with druids and Knights
Haven't played today's patch though

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
The game is perfect for mobile, but Jesus Christ it absolutely melts my iPad Pro 2018 temperature and batterywise....

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So Valve is going to be introducing some sort of Underlords characters that impact gameplay, right?

I wonder if that is where they are going to start with cosmetics. I'm assuming they'll be visible on the board and then you can get different skins for them.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The more I play all three the more I realise I prefer Underlords. The only thing I really miss from TFT is that the fights happen on a shared board.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
OK I tried Teamfight Tactics and I am definitely not gonna play more of it. It has the worst UI out of all the auto battlers and it's really hard to see what/who does what.

So when is the battle pass coming to Dota Underlords? 😅

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I hope Underlords & Battle Pass come soon. Hard to keep putting time in without progression.

Yep! Shocked at myself as I have never been into games with battlepass systems however I would snap one up right now for this...absolutely loving it.

Watched a bit of TFT, it does not particularly interest me. I like playing Underlords mostly on my iPad for a start but I think that Underlords is a much more readable game for someone like me who is much less versed in MOBA games (league characters are a complete mystery to me...with DOTA I at least have a fighting chance having played ~40 hours a few years back).

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Tutorial Match: Okay, not too bad, lets jump in and see how this goes
First match: rekt
Second match: rekt
*takes a day to watch youtube vids*
Third match: rekt, but I think I am getting the hang of it
Fourth match: Okay, moving up...
Fifth match: WIN
Sixth match: addicted

its good. I'm finding success with the 6 assassin strat, which is real fun. The depth to the early/mid/late game as well as the faction composition is HUGE. My only complaint is that I wish matches were around 15-20 min instead of 35-45 minutes.

grosso_modo

Jun 8, 2018
Next patch is live.
https://www.underlords.com/updates said:
I HEAR VOICES
  • Large performance improvements have been done on all platforms.
  • Improved network connectivity and ping time for iOS and Android users outside the US.
  • The following units got their voices back:
    • Doom
    • Drow
    • Enchantress
    • Lina
    • Luna
    • Mirana
    • Shadow Fiend
    • Phantom Assassin
    • Queen of Pain
    • Templar Assassin
    • Windranger
  • Added tooltip to the player's level that shows their XP progress and odds of rolling each tier of hero in the shop. On mobile this is accessible from within the shop.
  • Added mobile icons to party members.
  • Default Camera distance adjusted to a default of 825.
  • Fixed Key Bindings changes not being saved.
  • Added Ability mana cost to season Info panel.
  • Fixed Victory screen not being displayed if you won the game which begs the question: Did you really win?
  • Global Sounds removed with the feature going back in the lab.
  • Improved the quality of the dragging effects when manipulating units.
  • Fixed being able to click on an item you did not earn if you lost a Loot Round.
  • Fixed Sword and Shield icons on the leaderboard not displaying if you were attacking and defending against the same player.
  • Fixed Enigma's ambient FX to work for both bench and on the ground.
  • Enigma midnight pulse updated to be square shaped.
  • Added ability icons to the mobile shop for all abilities.
  • Fixed cooldown multiplier display when inspecting a unit.
  • Many improvements have been done to the Unit Query UI.
  • Fixed not being able to view the inventory of a dead player.
  • Fixed ability tooltip not showing lore.
  • Clicking outside the shop now closes it.
  • Hovering global items that affect specific types of units will highlight those units.
  • Alliance Highlight Mode: Highlight bench units differently if putting them on the board would not advance the Alliance.
  • Fixed in-game Season Info hero page starting empty by default when the user has no units yet.
  • Added info button to units in the PC shop to get more information about that hero.
  • Roshan is back from vacation. He didn't bring anything for anyone.
Gameplay Changes:
  • Medusa: Split Shot extra shot damage reduction changed: [-40, -30, -20 ] -> -40.
  • Kunkka: Ghostship crash cell size changed: [2, 3, 4] -> [2, 2, 3].
  • Basher: Fixed only going off once per battle.
  • Black King Bar: Purges the user on activation.
  • Juggernaut: Blade Fury purges on activation.
  • Slardar: Amp Damage is now purgeable.
  • Knights Alliance: Default damage reduction changed: [ -15, -25, -35 ] -> [ -15, -20, -30 ].
  • Knights Alliance: Adjacent to other knights damage reduction changed: [ -20, -25, -30 ] -> [ -15, -20, -25 ].
  • Human Alliance Silence: Is now purgeable.
  • Blight Stone: Fixed stacking on every hit. It will stack if different units are attacking with it.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Holy shit that update. Underlords has to be the most actively developed game out right now. As it should be from a studio with the resources Valve has. Good work!

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
insane the pace they're putting out updates. this one is much needed too, really glad they're adding voices in and re-added the piece tier chances, and clicking anywhere to close shop.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Good fucking lord at that update. They move so quick with this stuff. They're basically doing like an update a day at this point.

Boo at the Medusa nerf though.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the performance improvements means that my phone doesn't turn in to a hot plate after a match.

Saprol

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Already pulling back on that Knight change. Guess I missed out.

Tried TFT today. Learning / making informed decisions is so much more painful:
  • I right-click benched units to read their stats. If I right-click potential purchases hoping to learn about alliances, instead it's a move order for my useless avatar blob. I have to buy a Gunslinger to figure out the Gunslinger bonus
  • No indication of what units I own or what star rank they're at in the buy menu
  • There's an item crafting system that apparently exists? I equip two items and hope it turns out okay
  • No tooltips presented during the carousel drafts so you need to memorize every unit/item

W1SSY

Oct 28, 2017
Won my second game. I just kept getting Forged in Battle so I couldn't pass them up. Beast had the most health but Juggernaut was not far behind him.

Capture2.jpg
Capture3.jpg

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
How is that primordial global item? The one that spawns ranged units when you die. Never sounded particularly useful but I haven't really tried messing with primordials.

Status
Not open for further replies.