• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
WOOOO! first victory!

game runs like butter on an iPhone X - not sure where the mobile complaints come from

Great for you, not for anyone else who doesn't own a iPhone X I guess... maybe consider that? variable performance across multiple devices/OSs? weird huh? ...maybe some folks don't like the interface on mobile? I mean shit dude, not rocket science.

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Links don't work hmm it's a US link? Search Valve mb, that's how I got it. It went Valve to Valve Corporation

Steam
steam://install/1046930
iOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dota-underlords/id1465996312
Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.underlords
Søg efter Valve og vælg så steam mobile klienten. Vælg derefter valve og så vil du se Underlords. Af en eller anden årsag kan man ikke søge Dota Underlords direkte.

Takker til jer begge/thanks to both of ya!

I found it

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a good guide to playing these? I fumbled my way to victory against bots yesterday, but I would kinda like to actually figure this thing out proper. I have no prior Dota experience either.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tried this yesterday for the first time, I played against bots, and I found the matches to be way too long. Is this always like this or the bot match is bigger than it should be?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
To be fair I don't know what he actually is, but dude's got dog legs and dog/hyena paws. Always assumed he was something not human.
This threw me off too, I hadnt really thought about it until playing this. I figured he would be classified as a beast or demon or something.

I mean, he attacks with claws right? But he's a human. Guy needs to improve his personal grooming.
I never noticed the dog/hyena legs, but he has human hands. He just uses tonfa/blade things.

Ritual_Garb_of_the_Seeker_Set.png

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Tried this yesterday for the first time, I played against bots, and I found the matches to be way too long. Is this always like this or the bot match is bigger than it should be?
Bot matches are super slow because they don't upgrade their units much, which means even if they win they don't do much damage to each other. Normal matches last about 30 - 40 rounds. Bot matches I've found tend more towards 45-55.

Jan 22, 2018
Small gripe but ...why is Bloodseeker listed under Human?
He has taken on characteristics of a hound after hunting for blood for so long, however, he is still human.

"Strygwyr the Bloodseeker is a ritually sanctioned hunter, Hound of the Flayed Twins, sent down from the mist-shrouded peaks of Xhacatocatl in search of blood. The Flayed Ones require oceanic amounts of blood to keep them sated and placated, and would soon drain their mountain empire of its populace if the priests of the high plateaus did not appease them. Strygwyr therefore goes out in search of carnage. The vital energy of any blood he lets, flows immediately to the Twins through the sacred markings on his weapons and armor. Over the years, he has come to embody the energy of a vicious hound; in battle he is savage as a jackal. Beneath the Mask of the Bloodseeker, in the rush of bloody quenching, it is said that you can sometime see the features of the Flayers taking direct possession of their Hound. "

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those concurrent numbers do include mobile to some degree.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Won my first game, my third one online. I did play offline a bit to get the feel of the heroes before.
Didn't get the win screen though, just jumped straight to home :(

Also, I'd love a much shorter game mode, on mobile these things take way too long...

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i think over the last few days I've seen people claim just about every alliance and unit to be overpowered. balance is pretty good in this game.

Deleted member 34388

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
i think over the last few days I've seen people claim just about every alliance and unit to be overpowered. balance is pretty good in this game.
Yup it's pretty good, I won with nagas, mages, and assassins + warriors. A few units are kind of too strong but nothing that makes it broken. Though what matters more is adapting mid game to what others have and what you can change to guarantee victory.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game is amazing. I played it until midnight last night. That may not sound crazy to some people but I got two little kids and am up at 6am... lol

Valve got me by the balls.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah balance is pretty good. There's a couple underpowered and almost useless units/tribals, but nothing that's egregiously overpowered. I won last night with full wild (+45% attack damage) and first tier druid and warrior and didn't lose once except for the first round 4 fight.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Worth noting there's an update in the Play Store on Android which doesn't appear to be required. I played a match without the update just fine, but the update is meant to improve Android performance - not sure if it'll help anyone here.

I'm surprised to see how many more viewers TFT has on Twitch. Do people find it to be a better game to view? Or is it just those League numbers giving the game a boost? For me Underlords just looks far more distinct and interesting, TFT's units all look super generic - like they've come straight out of some Chinese mobile clone (no offence meant to those working on the game's art).

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
This game feasts on phone battery. Had 80% and after 2 matches it is down to 12%. I'm on a fairly new iPhone 8. Settings on low and battery saving acitvated, fairly low screen brightness as well.

TFT's units all look super generic - like they've come straight out of some Chinese mobile clone (no offence meant to those working on the game's art).
From what I've heard TFT seems to be using the LoL heroes (just like UL uses the Dota heroes). And if so, generic Chinese mobile clone is basically LoL's artstyle. Which always turned me off from the game tbqh.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Worth noting there's an update in the Play Store on Android which doesn't appear to be required. I played a match without the update just fine, but the update is meant to improve Android performance - not sure if it'll help anyone here.

I'm surprised to see how many more viewers TFT has on Twitch. Do people find it to be a better game to view? Or is it just those League numbers giving the game a boost? For me Underlords just looks far more distinct and interesting, TFT's units all look super generic - like they've come straight out of some Chinese mobile clone (no offence meant to those working on the game's art).
It's likely Riot has paid big streamers to play the game, and big streamers bring audiences.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
League has always had a bigger streaming presence than Dota, so I don't think it's too surprising and I doubt it will change much. A lot of the top streamers now were once LoL players (if they aren't still) so they go back to what they know. Dota has a strong worldwide appeal and with Underlords being on mobile and TFT not I think it will be just fine.

(That being said TFT is pretty fun)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I will say TFT has a lot of charm and personality. The avatars add a lot to it. That being said, I think Underlords is the better game overall.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I will say TFT has a lot of charm and personality. The avatars add a lot to it. That being said, I think Underlords is the better game overall.
It will be interesting to see the different monetization mechanics these companies employ for the game. I expect Valve to just copy their Dota model after they got burned horribly with Artifact. But will Riot lock heroes or whole tribes/alliances behind a paywall like they do in LoL? Or will they also opt to just monetize cosmetics?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
so it is automatic, as long as you get 3 same units?

Yes

If you have one on the field and 1 in your bench, if you buy a 3rd it auto upgrades to the next level.

EDIT: Also just having 3 on your bench auto combines them into the next upgrade. same if you have 2 of the same on the field.

If you have 2 2-stars and 2 1-stars and buy another 1-star it auto combines all of them into the tier 3.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
I was sitting at 91 hp for the majority of the game. It looked like it would be my first win! It got down to the 1v1 and I lost every round...

tenor.gif
Lol yeah it's why you shouldn't give up early in this game. Sometimes you get your level up or items at the right time then you straight wreck it up with no life left lol.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Tried this on my phone.

Good lord this thing just destroys battery life. 35% in one match. iPhone 8+.

Status
Not open for further replies.