• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they improve the iOS version. Auto Chess feels a lot better at 60 FPS. Also, not being able to get racial bonus pop ups on mobile really sucks for learning the game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So any general tips? Like when to roll, when to use gold for exp?
I use a variation called Lazy Fortress in which I don't care if I'm winning or losing till turn 14, but if I'm winning - try to keep winning. If I'm losing try not to lose too badly - but don't win either. You get gold for either keeping a winning or losing streak going.

turn 1 - level 1: hold
turn 2 - level 2: hold
turn 3 - level 3: hold
turn 4 - level 3: hold
turn 5 - level 4: hold
turn 6 - level 4: hold
turn 7 - level 4: hold
turn 8 - level 5: hold
turn 9 - level 5: hold
turn 10 - level 5: hold
turn 11 - level 5: buy 1 exp
turn 12 - level 6: hold
turn 13 - level 6: hold
turn 14 - level 6: hold - I usually have 50 gold saved up by now
turn 15 - level 6: hold
turn 16 - level 6: buy 3 exp
turn 17 - level 7: hold
turn 18 - level 7: hold
turn 19 - level 7: hold
turn 20 - level 7: hold
turn 21 - level 7: buy 4 exp
turn 22 - level 8: hold
turn 23 - level 8: hold
turn 24 - level 8: hold
turn 25 - level 8: hold
turn 26 - level 8: buy 5 exp
turn 27 - level 9: at this point I can buy up to level 10 or just use the 5+5 gold from turn and interest to search for the final hero piece or upgrade

I almost never roll before turn 10.

If this is the rough % chance of drops then it's waaaaaay better to be at rank 9 or 10 as fast as possible to get the 5 cost AOE damage heroes like Tidehunter, Lich, Techies.
Untitled.jpg

I hope they improve the iOS version. Auto Chess feels a lot better at 60 FPS. Also, not being able to get racial bonus pop ups on mobile really sucks for learning the game.
mobile optimization required

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
losing badly 10-20m
middle pack 30-40m
long even match top 3 40-45m

There is a cap at turn/minute 50 where the creeps are just too strong.

Ok. Just have to make sure to dominate every game (or be dominated). Then it's a reasonable time!

Going to give it a shot this weekend. 30-40 min average matches though sounds rough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Just have to make sure to dominate every game (or be dominated). Then it's a reasonable time!

Going to give it a shot this weekend. 30-40 min average matches though sounds rough.
I'm usually doing something else while playing. Like cooking/eating or folding clothes/watching a video

I tried playing hearthstone at the same time, it's fun and weird
Not exactly Chess Boxing, but . . .

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't seem to find the game on iOS though. I live in Denmark; anyone with the same problem ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take concurrent over twitch views when it comes to determining a game's health. TFT is doing great on there. No surprise given how big LoL is and how many large streamers are playing it. Time will tell where they both end up.
Paid streamers I think, but yeah it will be interesting to see who plays what when TFT is live June 25 instead of on a small server.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can't seem to find the game on iOS though. I live in Denmark; anyone with the same problem ?

Søg efter Valve og vælg så steam mobile klienten. Vælg derefter valve og så vil du se Underlords. Af en eller anden årsag kan man ikke søge Dota Underlords direkte.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like it and runs well on ios and the iPhone XR.
But I changed the camera settings. zoom 650 and tilt 50. this way it looks a little more dynamic.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i do think valve should make the games shorter if they want this to blow up in mobile
just make a turbo mode or some shit

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Downloaded and started playing on ipad

What is this psst sound and how do i turn it off? I se it came a meme but i didnt get the explanation of what the meme is yet

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Downloaded and started playing on ipad

What is this psst sound and how do i turn it off? I se it came a meme but i didnt get the explanation of what the meme is yet

If you're hearing that noise it means you have room on your board for another unit. The characters on your bench psst at you when there is space. Put something out! Unless you are intentionally losing which is a legit strat too.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the tutorial on Android for this, and got about 15 rounds into it before it just crashed.

Guess I'll wait until I can get on my PC to play this. Kind of a shame, but the mobile beta just launched so it's not too surprising. But is there even any way to report crashes anywhere?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried the tutorial on Android for this, and got about 15 rounds into it before it just crashed.

Guess I'll wait until I can get on my PC to play this. Kind of a shame, but the mobile beta just launched so it's not too surprising. But is there even any way to report crashes anywhere?
They know.

If you feel like you need to tell someone you can use the Underlords reddit or the Underlords reddit discord. Devs reading in there

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like at least 75% of the players I get matched are playing on mobile (you can see a little icon next to their name on the left). I wonder how many concurrent players there are with mobile included.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of new but it seems like you want to amass gold early but you can spend as long as it does not lower the tens place of what you currently have. What I mean is that having 19 gold vs 10 gold is the same for interest. In each case you only get 1 gold interest.

I have been keeping track of my units and if I am one away from upgrade with gold to spare I splurge a little but otherwise save.

If I don't need a hero but have enough to spend into exp, do that.
Don't roll until the end. Try to horde gold to 50 gp so you get +5G interest every round then spend excess on exp.

Early on, buy heaps of shit and fill the bench, because you can just sell it back for what you paid for it. If you're not gonna use a unit in that round buy it after combat starts, interest gets calculated at the start of combat so if you for example have 50 gp then spend 10 on units after the start of combat you'll still get +5 for interest.
I use a variation called Lazy Fortress in which I don't care if I'm winning or losing till turn 14, but if I'm winning - try to keep winning. If I'm losing try not to lose too badly - but don't win either. You get gold for either keeping a winning or losing streak going.

turn 1 - level 1: hold
turn 2 - level 2: hold
turn 3 - level 3: hold
turn 4 - level 3: hold
turn 5 - level 4: hold
turn 6 - level 4: hold
turn 7 - level 4: hold
turn 8 - level 5: hold
turn 9 - level 5: hold
turn 10 - level 5: hold
turn 11 - level 5: buy 1 exp
turn 12 - level 6: hold
turn 13 - level 6: hold
turn 14 - level 6: hold - I usually have 50 gold saved up by now
turn 15 - level 6: hold
turn 16 - level 6: buy 3 exp
turn 17 - level 7: hold
turn 18 - level 7: hold
turn 19 - level 7: hold
turn 20 - level 7: hold
turn 21 - level 7: buy 4 exp
turn 22 - level 8: hold
turn 23 - level 8: hold
turn 24 - level 8: hold
turn 25 - level 8: hold
turn 26 - level 8: buy 5 exp
turn 27 - level 9: at this point I can buy up to level 10 or just use the 5+5 gold from turn and interest to search for the final hero piece or upgrade

I almost never roll before turn 10.

If this is the rough % chance of drops then it's waaaaaay better to be at rank 9 or 10 as fast as possible to get the 5 cost AOE damage heroes like Tidehunter, Lich, Techies.
Untitled.jpg

mobile optimization required
Thanks everyone! I'll try out your tips :)

Mobile version runs at like 5 fps. Pass.
Mine doesn't, got the slider by half though

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
So did Valve just copy Drodo's original mod and give it a new look? I thought their version would streamline things somewhat but I have seen no evidence of that.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Hmm this was ok on iPad kind of meh on phone.

I'm not a big mobile guy but I kind of thought the UI would be a million times better. I'm not sure I want to pursue this.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did Valve just copy Drodo's original mod and give it a new look? I thought their version would streamline things somewhat but I have seen no evidence of that.
There's some changes to the units and alliance bonuses and a tiny change to how streaks and interest works. The item system has also been completely changed and is much more streamlined in Underlords. It's still a very similar game though but with updates and unit rotations it might diverge after a while.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled the game doesn't even indicate some "hidden" shit about heroes. BS runs in the middle super fast ? Not told anywhere. BH goes invis and backstab their backline ? Not told anywhere. AM blinks at the beginning ? Not told anywhere.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
How playable is this yet for someone who hasn't really looked into this sub-genre beyond some very broad strokes?

Oct 28, 2017
How playable is this yet for someone who hasn't really looked into this sub-genre beyond some very broad strokes?

Very playable for some idle fun.

Requires one to have very less knowledge about Dota and you find out the existing systems in the game through experimentation (until the UI is updated to show the missing information/tool tips).

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
LOL I got forged in battle twice in the first 3 rounds. First creep round was the one that upgrades items to the next tier.
Lost a couple rounds early but by the end I had a three star beastmaster with daedalus and a truckload of hp.

That shit is hilarious but honestly that item should probably get removed it's too fucking insane. It made a 1 star juggernaut be relatively okay(not great) into round 27.

I was so set on getting 6 knights too this time but I guess when you get that type of rng you can only submit to it.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I was sitting at 91 hp for the majority of the game. It looked like it would be my first win! It got down to the 1v1 and I lost every round...

tenor.gif

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
For people saying it runs too slow on mobile, you can turn the graphics off in the settings. It has fairly in depth PC style graphics settings for textures, shadows, etc

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
The UI looks so weird on my phone (Galaxy S10+), the battle area is tiny, <10% of the screen and most units are completely cloaked by the item icon if I equip them one. It's also very difficult to properly place the units because they're so small.

nyG4kNz.jpg

A1okito

Nov 13, 2018
The UI looks so weird on my phone (Galaxy S10+), the battle area is tiny, <10% of the screen and most units are completely cloaked by the item icon if I equip them one. It's also very difficult to properly place the units because they're so small.

nyG4kNz.jpg

x6v5aCf.png

Adjust camera distance in the settings.
Guess you're default setting is messed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
x6v5aCf.png

Adjust camera distance in the settings.
Guess you're default setting is messed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah...good point! I didn't know there's a slider for that! thanks for the help.

Edit: my default was at 1400.. lol.... maybe it's also a different build (android) as mine does't have the Language option either.

The game itself is fun and performance very well at max graphics..

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I very much appreciate the fact this already supports the funky aspect ratio of the iPad Pro - Hearthstone took forever to update to suit it, so this being good at launch in beta at that surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.