• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31436

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, you may be right. The SteamDB folks suspect mobile players are included, since said version also requires a Steam account to play and the game supports cross-play, but I don't think we have hard confirmation on that.
We did have a confirmation that mobile is counted (however I'm unsure if it requires you to login into your Steam account to be counted, or whether they count anonymous users too).

twitter.com

Pavel Djundik on Twitter

“See this player drop on today's @DotaUnderlords charts? That was a change Valve did to count mobile players separately and later fixed or reverted it. That tells us around 30-40% players are on mobile (only these that logged into Steam).”

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It always seemed like a hard game to get into so it's more surprising it's retained players for so long already.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
We did have a confirmation that mobile is counted (however I'm unsure if it requires you to login into your Steam account to be counted, or whether they count anonymous users too).

twitter.com

Pavel Djundik on Twitter

“See this player drop on today's @DotaUnderlords charts? That was a change Valve did to count mobile players separately and later fixed or reverted it. That tells us around 30-40% players are on mobile (only these that logged into Steam).”

Ah, right.