• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've seen Nintendo help revive dormant third-Party franchises lately, with them helping get Super Bomberman R off the ground and then publishing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. So, what other third-party franchises you think would be a good fit for them. Here's a few:
Super Monkey Ball
Final Fight
Klonoa
Chrono
Ridge Racer (even though a new game in that series is rumored for Switch)
maybe Prince of Persia
Adventure Island
Contra
EDIT: Just thought of another one: A Boy and his Blob

Last edited:

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Timesplitters would be a very natural fit for Switch. I also think Nintendo should have a shot at:

Turok*
Freedom Fighters*
Dino Crisis
Rogue Squadron (once EA lose Star Wars)

*Does anyone know who owns these IP now?

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
It's not really a "franchise" since it is just a single game but people want Sega to finally give it some more love and make more of it/ or a remake or something.....

Skies of Arcadia.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
2D Castlevania. I mean look at the sales of Hollow Knight. If an indie third party can achieve this a well established franchise like Castlevania should be able to do double.

Not to mention the buzz of the characters being in Smash. It's an absolute no brainier but alas... Konami

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AR5.gif

The one and only.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Powerstone would be perfect, between four player action and the party atmosphere

Also this thread won't last long

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania and Sonic would probably get better games from Nintendo than their IP holders, at this rate.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No thank you, Dambuster are in a good spot right now, wouldn't want to see Nintendo anywhere near TimeSplitters.

Releasing the newer games/remasters is fair game but I have more faith in Koch Media to handle TimeSplitters (after the mess Crytek made of it) than I do Nintendo.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
No thank you, Dambuster are in a good spot right now, wouldn't want to see Nintendo anywhere near TimeSplitters.

Releasing the newer games/remasters is fair game but I have more faith in Koch Media to handle TimeSplitters (after the mess Crytek made of it) than I do Nintendo.

You wouldn't want to see Nintendo, who published Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, anywhere near Timesplitters?

???

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Golden Axe, Castlevania.Deathtrap Dungeon because there is potential for a tps in a dungeon full of traps and monsters.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We don't need a list thread like this. Especially as this is in essence port begging too.

Status
Not open for further replies.