• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The game supports up to 4K but there's no 1440p. :(

RlQHFR4.jpg

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this look better than the Friends of Mineral Town remake?
Yup, this looks miles better than the other one.
Wow this game is gorgeous! Will buy on sale.

I believe Brownies was involved in the development of this game. They're made out of former members of Square/Brownie Brown that were involved in Legend of Mana, Mother 3, Magical Starsign, Heroes of Mana and Egglia. The art direction really reminds of that.

Oct 28, 2017
Have there been any preview or impressions of the game yet? I cant find anything online when I check.
Best bet is to look on special interest boards and read impressions of people who have played and machine translate any Japanese reviews you can find.

GameFAQs thread (Japanese release)

fogu thread (Japanese release)

fogu thread (English release)

There are also reddit communities for both Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons which may contain some impression posts.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just played through the introductions. It really is a Harvest Moon game with Doraemon skin. But since it's Doraemon, there's an actual story here, and there are lots of funny moments in the dialogue. I really love the tone of the game so much, both visually and narratively.

0EBF7742ED25CCD4B2E07769C95CC00D0C3C0802

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Planned on gifting this to my girl but yikes at that price. She can wait till the Winter sale :x

I paid 59.99€ for the imported physical switch game. And it's 49.99€ on the eshop.

So the steam version is already a bargain.

What's an acceptable "non-yikes" price point for a game people will play for a hundred hours ? 10€, 5€ ? Free with horrible micro transactions ?

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I paid 59.99€ for the imported physical switch game. And it's 49.99€ on the eshop.

What's an acceptable "non-yikes" price point for a game people will play for a hundred hours ? 10€, 5€ ? Free with horrible micro transactions ?

Price comparisons for Harvest Moon-esque titles will forever be ruined by Stardew Valley's $15 USD cost.

I'm in agreement that $50 USD is extremely expensive for this title - would have liked to see it closer to $30.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Steam has many games that you can play for 100 hours that are $10, no mtx. It's not like consoles.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019

Stardew Valley is like what? $20?

I would have probably went to $30 on this. I don't even know if she would like it so $50 is quite steep.

Obviously I just wish I were rich so that money wasn't something I constantly worry/think about =/

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stardew Valley is like what? $20?

I would have probably went to $30 on this. I don't even know if she would like it so $50 is quite steep.

Obviously I just wish I were rich so that money wasn't something I constantly worry/think about =/

If anything Stardew Valley is under priced
. This game's price is the same as other console games and is reasonable.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll probably get this game! That artstyle is amazing and I want to support pretty games :) Just wondering about the length & content before I grab it

Status
Not open for further replies.