• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon clone, it's ACTUALLY Story of Seasons.

I wonder if it will come later on the west without the Doraemon branding.

Oct 26, 2017
Really disappointing. Why would THIS be the first SoS game on Switch? It's not even PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale. :(

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari
announced during the JP direct
releases in 2019
published by Bandai Namco

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit! Rune Factory 5 and Story of Seasons?! My day is made.

Edit: nvm, it's not the Story of Seasons, but whatever, still excited for more simulator games.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I would be disappointed by this but...

Rune Factory 5.

They can do whatever the hell they want after that.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm still confused about the whole Natsume Harvest Moon situation. Is SoT from the good guys? Or the bad ones who doesn't give a shit about the series anymore?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to how the SoS people are involved since this game is being developed by BN.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doraemon is such an ugly character. No idea why of all characters that's the big one.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
That artstyle is seriously wonderful

I think they needed this to really refresh the game

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused about the whole Natsume Harvest Moon situation. Is SoT from the good guys? Or the bad ones who doesn't give a shit about the series anymore?
The Harvest Moon games you have fond memories of are all titles in the Bokujo Monogatari series. They're now called Story of Seasons in the west.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I never knew I wanted this game. So imported 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Yeah I don't buy Nobita as a farmer. Hopefully we can play as other characters lol
Maybe this is Nobita from the Cinematic Universe, where he routinely does things.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so it's Story of Seasons but not THE Story of Seasons. Am I correct?
I'm pretty sure this is an official Story of Seasons / Bokujou Monogatari game, published (and maybe also developed by) Bandai Namco. The trailer starts with the this sentence:

"The world of Doraemon, combined with the gameplay systems of Bokujou Monogatari. "

and the font and logo design are the same as other Bokujou Monogatari games.

edit:

the Doraemon game and an older game in the series, the Bokujou Monogatari part is the same:

13mkkk.jpg

243j8p.jpg

Last edited:

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Aw why is this not getting localized? It looks so cute. Although is should have been Doraemon as the PC, Nobita is a well-known lazy butt....

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Aw why is this not getting localized? It looks so cute. Although is should have been Doraemon as the PC, Nobita is a well-known lazy butt....

I imagine there's probably some licensing fees involved that make it an unappealing project, especially since Doraemon has, like, zero western fanbase.

Really disappointing. Why would THIS be the first SoS game on Switch? It's not even PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale. :(

I dunno, this appears to be closer to a mainline Story of Seasons game than PoPoLoCrois.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine there's probably some licensing fees involved that make it an unappealing project, especially since Doraemon has, like, zero western fanbase.

Very, very, wrong on this front. While it's true Doraemon has had difficulties in western English markets (this being the key point), Doraemon has had success stories in a number of other regions, particularly Spanish and Portuguese speaking markets. Not sure why specifically English markets it had such difficulty for penetration.

Depending, I could maybe see it being localized into English given the nature of this game, but the main market might be those other territories.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Very, very, wrong on this front. While it's true Doraemon has had difficulties in western English markets (this being the key point), Doraemon has had success stories in a number of other regions, particularly Spanish and Portuguese speaking markets. Not sure why specifically English markets it had such difficulty for penetration.

Depending, I could maybe see it being localized into English given the nature of this game, but the main market might be those other territories.

You're right, I shouldn't have used "western" to mean "English speaking"

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhhh...2 of my fav IP as a child merged, this game is made specifically for me. Hope it'll comes in english.

GNOSIS

Oct 29, 2017
oh gosh I would buy a Switch for this if it ever comes out in English.

(or I might just buy the Japanese version to practice my Japanese.)

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this actually developed by Brownies?

I saw someone mention them

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Looks great, I love Doraemon and Story of Seasons/ old Harvest Moon. So this is perfect haha.

Just hope it will be localized, honestly might be one of my anticipated switch title now lol