• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Credit to Gematsu for this one
Bandai Namco will release Doraemon Story of Seasons for PC via Steam in addition to Switch, the company announced.
The news comes via Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia and Korea, which today announced (2) the Traditional Chinese and Korean language versions of Doraemon Story of Seasons. The Switch version will launch in Asia and Korea this summer, followed by the PC version this fall.

And before anyone asks, while there's nothing official from Xseed nor Marvelous Europe yet, we did see the game get rated in Taiwan using the Story of Seasons branding, heavily suggesting that an English localisation is in the works. I do think it would be very reasonable to assume that the Steam version will launch alongside this English version, hence the delay compared to the Switch version.

I would also speculate that the PC version will be localised into Simplified Chinese as well, as pretty much all of Marvelous' recent PC ports have received Simplified Chinese localisation.

[Edit] And speak of the devil, here's the English localisation announcement (credit Vini256 for the find):

Looks like Bandai Namco is publishing this globally.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Do you need to know the deep lore and rich universe of Doraemon to be able to play this game?

I fucking love Farming RPGs.

English localisation announcement
Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Credit to Gematsu for this one

And before anyone asks, while there's nothing official from Xseed nor Marvelous Europe yet, we did see the game get rated in Taiwan using the Story of Seasons branding, heavily suggesting that an English localisation is in the works. I do think it would be very reasonable to assume that the Steam version will launch alongside this English version, hence the delay compared to the Switch version.

I would also speculate that the PC version will be localised into Simplified Chinese as well, as pretty much all of Marvelous' recent PC ports have received Simplified Chinese localisation.

Not sure if someone's made a thread about it, but we just got a trailer today on Nintendo's channel:

Edit: It's also on Bandai's channel, and PC is mentioned there along with the Switch version.

OP
OP
Delusibeta

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if someone's made a thread about it, but we just got a trailer today on Nintendo's channel:

Edit: It's also on Bandai's channel, and PC is mentioned there along with the Switch version.

Good spot, added it to the OP. Guess I'm going to get a mod to edit the title of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.