• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Guys i´m buying VR 2.0 soon, what games should i get?

This one seems like a great bet!

Skyrim
Doom
FarPoint

Already have:

Rigs
Until Dawn

Should i get Moves and the Gun?

You will be totally absorbed already with those games, But RE7 is a must buy. Rec room, Batman are also worthy shouts, Even Star Trek if you have a friend with psvr.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Guys i´m buying VR 2.0 soon, what games should i get?

This one seems like a great bet!

Skyrim
Doom
FarPoint

Already have:

Rigs
Until Dawn

Should i get Moves and the Gun?

I would wait until you have the gun before you get FarPoint. They go hand-in-hand.

If you've ever played the Rocksteady Batman games, get Arkham VR. It's sweet. However, maybe you might want to wait for it to go on sale the whole game is like two hours long.

DenseProtag

Oct 26, 2017
MINIMUM:
Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or better
Storage: 17 GB available space
MINIMUM: Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
M-Maybe the fact that WMR is less resource intensive will save my ass in this regard? I really want to play this damn it.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
RE7 is designed to be played with a controller, so it's unlikely it will have motion controls on PC. I would love it if they did go the extra mile to add them in as it would probably be patched into the PS4 version too but seems unlikely at this point, hopefully RE8 does have the option for motion controllers though.
I'm not expecting Capcom to transform RE7 into a robust physics sandbox on the level of Job Simulator, but not having motion controls on such a high profile PCVR game in 2018 would not be a good way to stand out.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I find it strange they are advertising PSVR and HTC Vive rather than PCVR or just Steam.

Hope this works on rift

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I just saw that the minimum graphics card spec on Steam is a GTX 1070. I hope my 980ti can run it...

The game runs well on PSVR, so I feel like they're just being overly ambitious w/ the min spec. Luckily I just upgraded to a 1070 to try and future proof my VR pc, I really hope games don't start requiring 1080s til at least Vive V2 comes out.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not expecting Capcom to transform RE7 into a robust physics sandbox on the level of Job Simulator, but not having motion controls on such a high profile PCVR game in 2018 would not be a good way to stand out.

i think it is rather obvious that it is praised not because it is a good vr game, considering it lacks motion control and room scale. It is released in the early days of PSVR, so it stands out easier and left an impression on the PSVR owners.

But when PC VR already have multiple titles that has matched or surpass RE7 like Lone Echo, Robo Recall etc it will be harder for RE7 VR to stand out next year on PC like you said.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just received the key but won't be starting it, because i cant pre-load. installing it now

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
i think it is rather obvious that it is praised not because it is a good vr game, considering it lacks motion control and room scale. It is released in the early days of PSVR, so it stands out easier and left an impression on the PSVR owners.

But when PC VR already have multiple titles that has matched or surpass RE7 like Lone Echo, Robo Recall etc it will be harder for RE7 VR to stand out next year on PC like you said.

I've played every major VR game on every platform, and I think RE7 is still the best VR game to date, regardless of it's lack of motion controls. It is amazing.

I'd say my top 5 list in order is:

RE7
Lone Echo
Skyrim (with moves)
Elite Dangerous
Budget Cuts

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

Lol, their FAQs are basically a list of bugs, in question form, with the answer "it's a known issue..." for all of them. Hopefully they'll just fix the bugs instead. Keen to hear some first-hand impressions, Amazon UK shipped my copy today and should arrive tomorrow, hope the others in this thread got the same notification.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly the game doesn't launch to the main menu with the rift:

https://uploadvr.com/doom-vfr-oclus-rift-wont-work-launch/

Anyone that's tried playing a Vive game with a Rift successfully in the past probably assumed it would "just work" with the Rift, but we've found otherwise. When I load the game up on my Vive I get a series of splash screens and logos, photosentitivity warnings, and a loading screen. After that the main menu appears. When I try it using my Oculus Rift however, the game boots me back to the SteamVR Home space in between the loading screen and the main menu.

It never finishes launching the game.

So its worth waiting until theres a fix for it, it could be an isolated issue too, will have to wait and see on more rift users that try it out.

EDIT: Yeah, same reports coming from multiple rift users on reddit now too

Last edited:

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I did not preorder on GMG or anything.

I'd suspect it was an artificial block if not for the Payday 2 first day issue and the small few OpenVR games that don't work on Oculus (which people have dismissed me on in the past).

Hope it gets sorted out either way.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I'd suspect it was an artificial block if not for the Payday 2 first day issue and the small few OpenVR games that don't work on Oculus (which people have dismissed me on in the past).

I don't think it will take long. Payday 2 was fixed a day later, google earth(steam version) originally was done within 24 hours so I don't think Doom will be any different. Still its a shame for those who did want to play straight away.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember, would MS MR devices work in OpenVR? If so, do they crash on launch or not?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Supposedly the game doesn't launch to the main menu with the rift:

https://uploadvr.com/doom-vfr-oclus-rift-wont-work-launch/

So its worth waiting until theres a fix for it, it could be an isolated issue too, will have to wait and see on more rift users that try it out.

EDIT: Yeah, same reports coming from multiple rift users on reddit now too
Damn that sucks for Rift owners. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't for Oculus and Bethesda's relationship. I hope it wasn't intentional though.

DenseProtag

Oct 26, 2017
And awesome, it doesn't work at all. It doesn't even launch like the Rift owners have. I hate this so much

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics wise, this looks great. Probably the best I've seen on the vive so far, with everything set to ultra.

So how does one enable artificial locomotion? All I have is this annoying dash

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I hope not working on Rift wasn't intentional but suspect it was. I also hope I'm just being paranoid. This will bite Bethesda pretty hard if it's an intentional lockout. Putting consumers in the middle of a corporate spat is always bad policy.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just set my review live after finishing the game earlier if anyone's interested:

Bethesda's really tried to make DOOM work in virtual reality, but despite supporting all three of PlayStation VR's control options, it doesn't really feel like the title was designed with any of them in mind. That said, if you can ignore the flaws with whichever peripheral you choose, then the over-the-top action of id Software's series translates well, and this is arguably one of the better looking virtual reality titles to date. It's a little on the short side, but the price point reflects that, and the gunplay is still as intense as it's ever been.​

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/doom_vfr

I kinda liked it, but none of the control options really fit PSVR properly. The game's built on very strong foundations and it looks stunning even on PS4 Pro (can't imagine how good it looks on PC). But yeah, it just doesn't feel like it was designed with any of the PS4's controllers in mind really, although I did end up playing fine with the DS4 in the end.

Also, here's my PS4 controls video from earlier just in case anyone missed it:

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017

What was wrong with GMG? Got my key earlier today, plenty of time for preload.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is honestly an intentional lockout of the Rift and Windows MR headsets, I will refund my purchase of Doom VR and cancel my preorder of Fallout 4 VR. And yes, I own a vive.

Absolutely no patience at all for this type of bullshit. VR doesn't need this shit. It wasn't cool when Oculus did it, and it sure as shit isn't cool when Bethesda does it.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics wise, this looks great. Probably the best I've seen on the vive so far, with everything set to ultra.

So how does one enable artificial locomotion? All I have is this annoying dash
I'm seeing a lot of questions asking where the locomotion option is. Also bethseda posted this in their FAQ on reddit and on steam 3 hours ago:

What are the supported control schemes?

DOOM VFR supports both motion controllers and a variety of control schemes:

The Steam version of DOOM VFR supports HTC Vive controllers and gamepads.

You can use a traditional gamepad to enable free movement, similar to the movement controls you experienced in DOOM (2016). The smooth turning option allows you to turn horizontally using the analog stick. You'll also be able to teleport, or enable burst movements to quickly rotate your view. The game also supports a 180 turn movement to allow you to quickly turn to defeat enemies behind you.

If they limited the locomotion to a gamepad, I won't be buying it even if the rift issue is fixed. Anyone playing the game on pc, can you confirm if locomotion is possible with the vive controllers?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a lot of questions asking where the locomotion option is. Also bethseda posted this in their FAQ on reddit and on steam 3 hours ago:

If they limited the locomotion to a gamepad, I won't be buying it even if the rift issue is fixed. Anyone playing the game on pc, can you confirm if locomotion is possible with the vive controllers?
Mother. Fucker.
Yeah, I'm playing it now on the Vive and only have this dash... checked all the options several times and nada.
I think I'm going to refund this until A) the rift issue is fixed (and I'm sure it's probably just an accident... or at least, it better be) and B) AL is added either via mod or officially.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Update: We've tested the same version of Doom VFR with a Lenovo Windows-based VR headset and it worked. The analog stick does nothing but the trackpad works just as it does on Vive. If you decide you want to try this with with a Windows-based VR headset you need a VR Ready PC with high-end specifications, at least for now.

Its working on the Windows based VR headset

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its late and have to be up early but wanted a quick go. Played until the first end of mission screen using the DS4 (batteries on moves needed charging as they ran out playing Skyrim just as it hit 12) and I have to say I'm feeling it so far. At first seeing some arms sticking out from your jaw with the DS4 is a bit strange but once in the action I couldn't care less. Immediately switched to locomotion, smooth turning and made that as fast as possible. Watching some of the videos I thought it would feel quite slow but actually felt quite quick. Don't have an aim but I could imagine it being a lot of fun with that. Visually it looks really good, thought it would have been much worse (on pro) but very impressed.

Last edited:

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So some complaints I'm seeing that are common on steam and vive reddit (this is for the pc version):

• Weird angle of the guns (some are describing it like trying to aim with a banana)
  • Locomotion seems locked to a gamepad, Its teleport/dash only with the vive controllers (I really don't understand how they came to this decision...)

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also the gun angles are wayyyyyy off with no way to adjust as far as I can tell.

In the options department, aside from graphics this game is sorely fucking lacking
  • Weird angle of the guns (some are describing it like trying to aim with a banana)
Basically. To compare to Arizona Sunshine, for example, If I shot at that set angle which I feel is about right in this I would be shooting the far ceiling. You have to point it very far down. It's not terrible but JC give us some options here.