• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
At work so I could not check the stream. Glad it's false information, yet once again a rushed vrfocus review with wrong info in it. (iirc they also messed up the skyrim vr review, but why should I bother to check my facts if they don't)

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
With the move option you are suppose to turn your body. Like superhot VR plus the ability to move.

Makes sense, but still awkward IMO. I do show in the video an encounter where I'm twisting round on the spot shooting a dude and it's just not quite right IMO.

All of the control options are adequate and the game is certainly very playable with any of them, but none of them feel like the game's been designed with them in mind.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
To me, the grenade in one arm seems stupid. Obviously this works with the VIVE version but in all FPS games you never run around holding the bloody grenade in your other hand. If that's the only thing that makes the aim controls weird I'm OK with that.

Liked the Eurogamer stream, don't want to watch too much but shows off aim looking pretty smooth and also like they haven't toned down the frantic gameplay much at all for VR.

RE:Amazon, I usually don't pre-order from them...when a package is delivered beyond its estimate I usually complain and get something...what's the grounds when they don't deliver for release date?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I was exited of this release.... but saw a video, no brutal kill animation ? Are they just disable or this is always like this ?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait, this looks amazing! Have both Aim controller and Moves, so will prob try all options but I'm pretty sure it'll be Aim for the best experience for me (I was OK with the movement in Farpoint).

SaiyanRaoh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So as an Oculus user, I would need to get the PSVR version, huh? The Aim controller support is cool I suppose.
Any word on how the Oculus Touch acts in the game?

But then again, there's always the possibility of mods (namely locomotion.) with the PC version. I'm kinda torn.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
So as an Oculus user, I would need to get the PSVR version, huh? The Aim controller support is cool I suppose.

But then again, there's always the possibility of mods (namely locomotion.) with the PC version. I'm kinda torn.

Wait for impressions from Oculus users. I'm hyped for the game, but don't trust them on the Oculus support so my purchase is on hold until I know more. Alone in regards to resolution and IQ I would go for the PC version.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I'll be purchasing the moment I see people on reddit and here saying that it works for them with an oculus (Reviews seem good so the issue i have with the length of the game is minor now). Will probably record some early gameplay of it too and post it here.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At work so I could not check the stream. Glad it's false information, yet once again a rushed vrfocus review with wrong info in it. (iirc they also messed up the skyrim vr review, but why should I bother to check my facts if they don't)

The developer also said there is smooth movement on PS Aim.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://uploadvr.com/doom-vfr-review-psvr-different-kind-hell/

The PSVR version gets a 6/10. They are going to have another go with the Vive version and will update the article with Vive impression

Editor's Note: A lot of the issues we encountered with Doom VFR on PSVR were down to the limitations of the headset and the controllers. As such, we've decided to assign a score just to the PSVR version for now and will update this article with Vive impressions (and potentially a change in score) once we've had a chance to try it out.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Physically cumbersome as it may be, I'd be completely willing to hold a dualshock in one hand and move in the other to get the best out of both worlds.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense, but still awkward IMO. I do show in the video an encounter where I'm twisting round on the spot shooting a dude and it's just not quite right IMO.

All of the control options are adequate and the game is certainly very playable with any of them, but none of them feel like the game's been designed with them in mind.
can you give the HTC Vive version a try? While the PS Move lacks analog, there's a touchpad on the HTC Vive controller.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU

The PSVR version gets a 6/10. They are going to have another go with the Vive version and will update the article with Vive impression

From the article:

In the end, I surprisingly settled on just the standard DualShock 4 controls for the PSVR version. It's the most solid, dependable way to play the game, with full locomotion and a much better button layout than on either Aim or Move.

Ouch if your VR shooter is best played with a controller, something went really wrong.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Not really, Resident Evil 7 is the best VR game ever made.

Haven't played RE7, waiting for the PCVR version so I can't comment on it. For me, it's the touch controllers that make the VR experience that more special and I would be disappointed if the normal controller would provide a better experience. My hopes are that the PC version will be better and support the Oculus touch controllers.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The whole thing about the locomotions for PSVR is rather confusion. I will try to make sense out of them:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017...ee_psvr_controllers_but_none_feel_quite_right

Dual Shock 4
- smooth locomotion
- aiming with head
Move
- no increment turning
- no smooth locomotion, only teleport and dash
- only 180 turn
- dashing on move is on a face button
- grenade on left hand, gun on right hand
Aim
- smooth locomotion
- grenade 'randomly floating around' in your peripheral vision because PS Aim requires 2 hands

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played RE7, waiting for the PCVR version so I can't comment on it. For me, it's the touch controllers that make the VR experience that more special and I would be disappointed if the normal controller would provide a better experience. My hopes are that the PC version will be better and support the Oculus touch controllers.

Yeah it's the downside of first gen. We have no standard controllers :P
I prefer thumbsticks for locomotion and that alone makes those VR games better :D unless I'm playing Job Simulator or Superhot where I don't need to move about.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing about the locomotions for PSVR is rather confusion. I will try to make sense out of them:
Definitely sounds like dualshock is the way to go, which is a shame.

The RE7 color scheme was almost perfect as far as traditional controls go, but using the Move is such an inherently powerful level of immersion.

A from-the-ground-up redesign of VR controllers can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Yeah it's the downside of first gen. We have no standard controllers :P
I prefer thumbsticks for locomotion and that alone makes those VR games better :D unless I'm playing Job Simulator or Superhot where I don't need to move about.

Agree with you. Still, I'm impressed what the VR headsets on the PC delivered despite being the first gen. I think the rough launch really hurt the word of mouth on VR with all the delivery problems, headsets not working with different stores and other issues. But they figured a lot of it out and the experience we can have right now is really good.

Back to topic:
8 hours till it's available here. Guess it's a good thing I can't play VR till saturday night, so it's easier to hold off and wait for impressions.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

RE7 is designed to be played with a controller, so it's unlikely it will have motion controls on PC. I would love it if they did go the extra mile to add them in as it would probably be patched into the PS4 version too but seems unlikely at this point, hopefully RE8 does have the option for motion controllers though.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
RE7 is designed to be played with a controller, so it's unlikely it will have motion controls on PC. I would love it if they did go the extra mile to add them in as it would probably be patched into the PS4 version too but seems unlikely at this point, hopefully RE8 does have the option for motion controllers though.

Ah ok didn't know that, thanks! I'm surprised that it only has classic-controller support, everybody was praising it and I just assumed it would have motion controls.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
7 P.M.? God dammit, I took the day off tomorrow for this!
Edit: wait, never mind I misread something. Ignore. Hype!

Napalmjam

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of left handed mode has rendered the aim controller useless for me :( I'll keep at it, disappointing its not an option.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
ooGHsVb.jpg

Here's a screen grab for the Aim controller input layout from one of the videos. Looks very comprehensive with full locomotion.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else order physically from Amazon and not have a ship date yet? Too bad, looks like it's not coming tomorrow.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered this from GMG and activated the code... Does it appear as DOOM VFR in the games list or just as DOOM? I already owned the base game on steam, and I can't find the new version in my games list!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered this from GMG and activated the code... Does it appear as DOOM VFR in the games list or just as DOOM? I already owned the base game on steam, and I can't find the new version in my games list!

It is definitely Doom VFR under Steam, I have it preloaded already, ready for 6 PM today.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't have any VR devices, but I just wanted to say that the cover and font used for "VFR" is really awesome. Reminds me of a PC big box release from the 90s.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Dammit Skyrim VR got me interested in VR again after not thinking about or touching my PSVR at all this year aside from a bit of Polybius...

But now I feel like I need to stop being a luddite and get a PC with WMR or Vive instead of continuing to buy PSVR stuff :/ The thought of problems like "Superhot makes me turn like 30° to the right to center my view" being non-existent is really enticing.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Dammit Skyrim VR got me interested in VR again after not thinking about or touching my PSVR at all this year aside from a bit of Polybius...

But now I feel like I need to stop being a luddite and get a PC with WMR or Vive instead of continuing to buy PSVR stuff :/ The thought of problems like "Superhot makes me turn like 30° to the right to center my view" being non-existent is really enticing.
Definitely Vive/Rift instead of WMR if tracking problems are what's motivating you to go PCVR. WMR is not designed to have good tracking at all times.

Spire

Oct 27, 2017

Have you tried elevating your camera and having it further back (on a wall maybe?)

I've had the same problems with my PSVR and just that one small adjustment made a world of a difference for me. I can now rotate a good 90 degree angle and then some with no issues.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hold up, I live in the US, central time zone. Is there a chance I can play before midnight?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys i´m buying VR 2.0 soon, what games should i get?

This one seems like a great bet!

Skyrim
Doom
FarPoint

Already have:

Rigs
Until Dawn

Should i get Moves and the Gun?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Ouch if your VR shooter is best played with a controller, something went really wrong.

This is a shame, as a selling point for me is Aim support as I want more games with the option. The Aim just feels pleasant to hold, but I haven't used it outside of Farpoint. I suppose I'll wait for a patch to see if they improve Aim controls.

Guys i´m buying VR 2.0 soon, what games should i get?

This one seems like a great bet!

Skyrim
Doom
FarPoint

Already have:

Rigs
Until Dawn

Should i get Moves and the Gun?

Get Moves for Superhot. Superhot is by far the best thing to play in VR ATM, and it does not support the Dualshock. Rec Room is awesome as well, and free. As for the Aim, I'm skeptical how much support we'll see going forward. Farpoint is the only meaty experience for it, though I've heard OK things about Arizona Sunshine post patch.

Last edited: